Do you have days when nothing goes right in poker?

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we all go through difficult moments in poker, the first thing we must do is not to be alarmed, nor let ourselves be carried away by our emotions, we must always keep calm when nothing comes out. taking a break is the good choice, and then come back to play recharged.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There are days when things don't go well, not only in poker, but in everything else. You have to let them go and go to bed as soon as possible so that the day is finally over.
By the way, there really are days in poker when you can start any number of tournaments and be dealt any number of cards, and you still won't win. There's nothing we can do with this fact.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, such days do happen and you just have to go through them. The most important thing is not to get depressed to stay calm and focus on the game. Well, if, as they say, I've already suffered, then maybe I should take a short break from the game to get in the mood.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course i have. I'm not worring about and just wait for better days.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everyone has those days, If you are lucky it only last's for a day, but for some it can turn into weeks of bad beats and suck-outs, This is why it is so Important to find a bankroll strategy that works, and you can survive the down swings in Poker.
I have been pretty lucky in that most of the Time these losing periods only last for a day or two, before I find my form and start winning again, Reading up on Poker helps me to understand my mistakes and help me plug the leaks in my game play. Others find the help they need by watching Videos of poker games and Tournaments.
The important thing to remember is you need to understand where you played wrong in certain situations, and was there something else you should have done to avoid the situation. Learn from your mistakes, Be in control of your Bankroll, and good luck at the Tables.

idvelkka

idvelkka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i feel like im playing against bots 😂 i dont mind losing to better hand but its always something like KK vs 52 and flop goes 346 byeeee

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it happens to everyone difficult days where the cards do not follow (flush, straight not completed, bad beat etc.) we just have to tell ourselves there will be better days and it's true.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
We all go through days when things don't go well in poker, If you are unlucky and feels that you gonna only lose, Be in control and Take a break until you feel comfortable with your play.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It always helps me to think that poker is just a game. There are more important things.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will have more bad days than good days at the tables. Can't get a hand. Can't hit a flop. Nobody is folding your bluff bets. Always losing to a bad beat on the river. Sometimes it is good to take a breather and take a few days off, I feel bad days are as much a mental frame of mind are they are just a bad run of cards.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nothing always goes right

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every session except 1 in the last six months. If it's what you expect then it doesn't matter so much.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, more often than I would like, but I know it's part of the game. You just have to keep trying

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unfortunately, such days do happen and you just have to go through them.
Days... Try weeks and months, lol. I've seen my entire roll go down to just $18 from over $1K in 5 months, playing the micro/low limits back when Cake was a network as well as a site; and I'm a stickler for bankroll mgt. From massive bad-beats to just plain card-dead the downswings come, and then they go.
Just keep playing your game and adjust accordingly. Read, watch, and study as much poker as you can stand. I suggest making some "study time" each week to keep up w/the poker Joneses. It seems like this game is constantly evolving so I try and keep up.
Might I suggest playing a different variant of the game such as PLO-8 or some limit games. There's a lot more pot-control in these games which makes it easier to keep your roll from taking a big hit if you lose. GL man.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
sure There are days when nothing wants to come together and that can be quite annoying

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how could we not have these days, it’s normal, you just need to get used to the fact - you can’t win every day, and when you have a winning percentage of 95 = it’s not a 100 percent win yet

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been on worse run of luck over last 8 weeks can not do anything right. Have changed my play and still get beat the river is my enemy.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you go through periods of fluctuation in poker?
Each player has periods of growth and decline, and this is a completely normal process. In poker, just like in life, we move forward, one step at a time, but sometimes we need to take two steps back, in order to continue to gradually move forward again. These are cyclical processes and that's normal, don't worry, keep calm and just keep working and moving towards your goal. Good luck :)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Days, weeks and months. Some days you will have absolutely no chance, you will run bad. Nothing can be done on thirsted days. Just hope the next day is better.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
not just in poker :)) in day by day life :))...so dont worry you are not the only one :)...but keep in mind ...it will pass :))

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I had one that lasted for 3 months ,I just kept playing and one day it was over. The only way to really loose is to quit.