Do you fully focus on the table while playing?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It will sound weird, but I play bad when I focus on that table 🤣🤣🤣 I'm doing better when my attention is split between a few very active tables and I have to do something else in addition. I guess, I like to overthink and have a patience problem 😔

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can watch a movie in the early stages of a tournament. Also I watch daily videos on the mobile.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
No, I don't focus completely on the table, but I don't watch TV or anything, just play another table or watch the forum :D
I've noticed that I tend to 'overplay' some hands - i.e. play hands that I wouldn't play if I wasn't focused on just one table - maybe because of boredom, idk.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
I enjoy playing a little candy crush while I'm playing tournies. Maybe I should concentrate more on the tournaments.

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, when I'm playing poker, I'm totally focused on the game because otherwise you lose focus on the game and end up losing, and it's hard to recover

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always have background noise, either a tv show (something I've already seen before) or music. But I do try to focus on the table as much as I can

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I prefer to just focus, it happened some times that I lost hands (and games) just because I was playing a hand and suddenly my wife ask me something, those 5 seconds of distraction made me commit terrible mistakes, always try to play on private and quite places buddies.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
I think that everything except pleasant music makes it difficult to concentrate on the game.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't watch or listen to anything, I just play poker

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately no this is a problem that I have that I need to improve.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What games and how many tables I'm playing.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Playing poker in silence is not my thing. At least I turn on the TV.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, I get bored so easily so I play some hyper game for sideline while on MTT. It's hard for someone who has an ADHD to focus on one game.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I concentrate so hard sometimes that I want to fold and I click on something else 😃which sometimes annoys me and I want to finish quickly especially because I fail when I'm on the first 1'2'3 places and I end up in line 😀

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music while I play, I like ranch music.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends of the mood the quality of the tournaments various factora sometimes i chill in bed and put music or sometimes i watch a documental in the background to listen or watch a little, sometimes fully focus smoking like a maniac

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Often not when I play a lot of tables at the same time, but when I go far enough along the tournament grid, I play more focused.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I sometimes watch series or movies while playing poker or listen to music. If the game is responsible, for example, I play at the final table, then I completely focus on the game, and give all my energy to poker. I'm sure the more attentively I play, the better the result, if I get distracted by something else during the game, then the result will be worse. When I play poker professionally, then I give all my energy to the game, and if I just have fun, then I can do something else while playing)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lately it's been difficult to not watch the wsop EVents while also playing. On the one hand, the WSOP streams really help to motivate me to play but on the other hand, they are distracting and probably not helping me to win, lol.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus ? I dont concentrate , thats one of my problems !If good hands arent coming i find something else to hold my attention .And of course thats not a positive thing in poker .

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play 100% focus on tables but sometimes I'm distracted

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
of course yes, you should not miss details to know what kind of players they are

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually play in 3-4 freeroll tournaments in the same time, so no time for other things...
Silence and focus :)

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer to be relaxed, but keep an eye on the flow of the hands, the style of the players, the size, etc. focus is bad for my game and makes me make decisions that I am not predisposed to, besides it adds fear, maybe it is only at the initial stage of the game

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like watching youtube, series and listening to music while playing