Do you fully focus on the table while playing?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nope... I tend to play four tables at the very minimum and you just don't have the time.

I tend to run dry for long spells (even the folded hands don't win) so to sit there bored out of my skull would be frustrating.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on what games and how many tables i'm playing

If i'm playing some freeroll or low buy-in tournament just for fun, then i do watch some series or youtube videos

If I'm playing in multi-tables or higher buy-in tournaments, then i just put on some relaxing music and focus entirely on the game

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Since I have 3-4 tables open on average, any distraction from TV, the Internet or the like would be an afterthought for my game.
Only a music stream with chill-out music is running.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
On average, I play on 4-5 tables at the same time. I almost always listen to music while playing, mostly rock and rap. When I play a tournament, I can watch YouTube videos or twitch streams at the same time. It doesn't bother me at all, on the contrary, it somehow encourages me

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play poker in headphones with music, and lately, if I play only one table, I play online chess in parallel

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to listen to relaxing music, I don't like watching TV because I don't focus on the game of poker.

Rubycon

Rubycon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
Guess I’m a little old fashioned . Sitting in the den with no music, pokersounds muted. Silence. Concentrate on the other players. Typically two hour sessions, PLO.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music while playing. But if I reach the FT I generally turn off the music to focus all my concentration on the game

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play another card game because when playing poker, they wait a long time for opponents, they think for a long time, so they have to play others so that it doesn't get boring sometimes watching poker broadcasts on twitch

john harris

john harris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch basketball if the razorbacks are playing.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the type of tournament.
If it's just a freeroll I'm not so into it like in a higher buy in tournament where I can loose money.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing up to 4 tables when i draw something in either Fusion360 or Solidworks, if i'm not drawing I can play up to 12 tables listening music or watching some youtube video. I think I'm focused all the time. I was playing up to 16 tables in the past, but it requires different setup. Poker is quite a easy game, if you don't have to make difficul decisions, just play at comfortable limits and beat variance with multitabling.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to watch movies and listen to music in the background

bredinha

bredinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I like to watch podcast or some poker auals when I'm playing, that way we don't get frustrated and bored until a good hand comes up.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I'm playing multiple tables, it is difficult to pay a lot, but I'll try. But if I'm only playing one, I'll usually do something else at the same time. Sure I'll pay attention, but not so much that I start playing hands in spots that I shouldn't.

When our online "home game" is going, we all connect to discord, queu up the tunes, and have a good old chin wag.

Have had the same weekly online home game since the first lockdown. Monthly we meet in person once for a live home game .... Full attention!
...and another monthly live tourney where you have to pay attention or the dealer will swipe your cards into the muck. There's always one though, who doesn't....and they're the ones to punish.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not always, but I've been trying to get more attention every day. Starting playing in the living room, I soon realized that the TV is taking my attention, so I changed the environment. I don't always listen to music, but I believe it can help eventually. A table, especially at the beginning of a tournament, can be very monotonous, so I always try to play at least 4 tables, so I always have action and where to keep my attention.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
actually i have other priorities over poker, normally i do other things while playing poker. still i earn something with my style.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I listen to music. I never watch TV while playing poker (I did this years ago)... it is definitely '-ev'.

Sometimes I will have a twitch streamer running in background that I will focus on during breaks. Poker can be a lonely endeavour (especially with many long sessions, many days in-a-row), by being part of a group/community, it can help to alleviate that.

Another thing I enjoy doing while playing>>>
I like to stake newer players (or ones who can't afford it), especially the ones who are very enthusiastic and ones who have shown to have integrity.
I enjoy seeing them succeed. I do this often... especially when choosing to play MTT's.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I shouldn't, but I usually watch TV while I'm playing poker, most of the time I watch sports. If I'm playing 4 or more tables then I usually focus on the tables. Or when I reach the late stages of a tournament.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

It depends on the mood.
For the last year, I have been watching the news while playing.
There is a war in my country, so news is very important to me.

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's actually difficult for me to concentrate when I play poker, I usually play From my phone because I'm always fulfilling other responsibilities and Well of course that plays against me, but that doesn't bother me as long as I can play, I'm happy