Do you fully focus on the table while playing?

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maintaining full focus on the poker table is crucial for making informed decisions and maximizing your chances of success. Here are some tips to help you stay focused during your poker sessions:

1. Minimize Distractions: Create an environment conducive to concentration by eliminating distractions. Turn off or silence your phone, close unnecessary tabs or applications on your computer, and find a quiet and comfortable space to play. Minimizing external distractions allows you to direct your full attention to the game.
  2. Practice Mindfulness: Cultivate a mindset of mindfulness while playing poker. Be fully present in the moment and engage with the game without getting caught up in irrelevant thoughts or external concerns. Stay aware of your surroundings, observe your opponents' actions and behaviors, and focus on the information available to make informed decisions.
  3. Avoid Multitasking: Poker requires concentration and critical thinking, so avoid multitasking during your sessions. Trying to handle other tasks or activities simultaneously can divide your attention and lead to poor decision-making. Dedicate your focus solely to the poker table and give it your full attention.
  4. Take Regular Breaks: While maintaining focus is important, it's also essential to give your mind periodic breaks to prevent mental fatigue. Take short breaks every hour or so to stretch, clear your mind, and recharge. This can help you maintain focus and prevent decision-making errors due to mental exhaustion.
  5. Practice Proper Bankroll Management: Financial concerns and worries can be distracting and hinder your focus at the table. Ensure you have proper bankroll management in place, so you're not overly concerned about the outcome of any individual hand or session. Having a solid financial foundation and managing your bankroll effectively can alleviate stress and allow you to focus on the game.
  6. Stay Physically and Mentally Fit: Taking care of your physical and mental well-being outside of the poker table can positively impact your focus during play. Get enough sleep, eat healthily, exercise regularly, and engage in activities that help you relax and maintain mental clarity. A healthy body and mind can contribute to improved concentration and focus at the poker table.
By prioritizing focus and minimizing distractions, you can enhance your ability to make informed decisions, read your opponents, and ultimately improve your poker performance. Remember that focus is a skill that can be developed through practice, so make a conscious effort to cultivate and maintain it during your poker sessions.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I try to block everything out and concentrate on playing poker. I don't listen to music or watch TV. If I get bored, I read something in parallel here in the forum.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course, I play 4-6 tables at once and concentrate only on playing these tables in the background, I can only listen to music and nothing else

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You hear music while playing? What type of songs?
You watch TV? Movies? Tv show? Program?
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

I watch some tv shows while playing :censored:
More often, I listen to music that does not change my heart rate, that is, with a slower bpm. At most I also listen to podcasts, but I avoid TV.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I play live, I am fully focused. When playing online, it is easier to be distracted by TV, Facebook, etc.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no.

I'm either watching tv or playing a game on my ps4

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play listening to music, or watching tv or videos. Playing online is sometimes tedious, in low value tournamentsNo, i play

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I usually play multiple tables, it's hard to focus too much on one. Only when the number decreases is it possible.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very difficult to fully concentrate on the table, usually I play 2 to 4 tables, and put on a poker live at the same time, I'm always seeing one thing or another, someone calls me, complicated!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually listen to easy rock, sometimes watch tv. depends on my mood.

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, when I'm playing, we have to concentrate as much as possible so as not to lose the move, otherwise the opponent takes advantage of my move

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

No I don't focus, I usually play while I work!

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play 4 simultaneous tables and in order not to get distracted I prefer not to listen to music, just to have ambient sound or silence!🌲👁️

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I play poker often, my concentration is bad. When you rest or play every other day, attention at the table is good

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play other game?
Other stuff? What?

Depends on the mood. Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I watch the news, sometimes I watch soccer, or videos from my favorite YouTube channels. For me, poker is fun, so I don't stress too much :)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, I like to play in silence so that nothing distracts, but if I play one or two tables, I can watch a movie or play a simple video game.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
when I have a session, brainstorming is in my head

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Since most of the time i prefer to play only 2 tables for that reason.. i try to focus but if you listen to music or having snacks or family in house you cant do that for sure

hi_im_grimm

hi_im_grimm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I listen to music, podcasts or other stuff... but as I understood these are pretty distracting your focus.. I recommend the Andrew Huberman podcasts about focus :)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes i focus a lot at the tables i am playing.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My rule is - The higher the limit, the greater the concentration .....

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on how many tables , when i play at 2 tables i also play the guitar , when at 4 tables only poker... I'm experiencing big tournaments when I get free tickets, in these only 1 table and only poker, following the manual

F

florin.ivascu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I usually play on multiple tables on the phone and unfortunatly i don't quite focus on one table as i should unless i am close to the final table.