Do you feel sorry for other players?

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can relate to you here ^

For me, cash tables & tournaments are two different things. Years ago I felt bad while playing on cash tables (Fulltilt days) and after easily stacking some donkey I would often ship them their 100bb's back via a transfer. I'd picture them sitting there, feeling totally defeated over & over... maybe down to their last $'s in their account. Certainly not the ruthless type of mindset one might find to be more optimal, lol. I'd also picture them having a gambling addiction.

But for tournament play I don't feel bad or sorry for anyone. I don't experience the same moral dilemma there. I actually focused on tournament play for my first 4yrs. online partly because of this.

Today I play mostly cash & I don't think about it at all. I don't even picture the other players on my table as people... & if I do, I don't picture the 18yr. old kid in some 3rd world county hardly being able to buy into a $5 mtt or some grandma who lives down the street from me, having fun while sipping her afternoon tea while feeling sorry for them when they lose. Instead I might picture some pimply-faced, mouthy teenage punk with his jeans pulled down & hangin' below his arse, hat turned sideways while holding an assortment of odd finger sign languages up in front of his face, sayin' stuff like 'axe' when it clearly should be 'ask' & he knows it. It's much easier for me this way, lol.

When some donk sucks out on someone on a tournament table, I picture someone who hardly even realizes how lucky they actually just got... I picture that old grandma shouting out over to her half-asleep husband who's pretending to read the newspaper "Honey I hit my straight! I knew it was going to be a '4'... "FOUR!!!! Come on FOUR!!!" "

Totally agree with you on feeling much better playing tournaments, despite it technically still being taking other people's money it doesn't feel as bad since they basically already paid.

I do feel bad sometimes when I'm heads up at final tables and wonder if I'm duking it out with someone trying to make a living in a 3rd world country, but at least they get a decent chunk and it's mostly a coin-flip at that point.

lmao at the straight thing, what I usually picture is someone imagining that they are a solid reg and that they schooled me when they hit their gutshot after calling a PSB :p

Edit: I actually totally missed the bit you wrote about worrying you are playing vs. someone in a 3rd world country and ended up having the same thought with my post.

Honestly I think if they were to open the chat and tell me they need the money (and if it wasn't a big buy in tournament) I might actually settle for 2nd

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in a mood like football fans when someone need to bust out and I'm on his opponent side. Bubble is big so it need to burst at the right time. I don't feel sorry for any player even more evil is that I cheer for his end. Not good for my side, I think someone has the same feeling when I'm that one who needs to bust out.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on circumstance. I feel bad when knocking out friends but it feels worse to be the one getting stacked. So I guess I'd rather feel bad about winning than losing any day lol

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn't feel sorry or guilty for another player this game is for the strong

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I left the moment you enter a hand with any two cards, you may lose or win, that's poker!:2in1:

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes in tournamet i feel but not in cash games

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Sorry" it is wrong but is not offensive so when someone says "thank you" [emoji34]

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i do feel bad, specially when eliminate other player with a bad beatter

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, Poker is a game of probability.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No, why woudl I, it happens to me also and I'm not mad, so why would I feel sorry for other players...

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel sorry for no 1. We all got bad beats or bad losing streaks. I would think we would not only feel better but deep down were like yes,he lost..lol.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't have time to feel sorry for other players, I'm too busy feeling happy for myself :)

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always feel sorry (well almost always) when I see someone take a bad beat cause I know the feeling all too well....

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not feel sorry for others because others are out to get my chips and the worst part is that the villians always get a hand while I get beaten with nothing to show.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i do, but i also thinks he deserved it because of his currently stack.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont usually feel bad per say, but I do sometimes feel some form of sympathy for players when they get it in good and are way ahead to start the hand and I suck out on them to take them out.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not been angry with such players for a long time. On the contrary, I am happy that there are such players, because I can earn money from them

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sorry about the players, especially those who don't know how to play and they always bluff

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not. Only the strongest will survive, you do not need to bring your stack to the point that your all-in is accepted with all sorts of garbage.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, never. I only get lucky against other players one time for every four or five times that they get lucky against me.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont usually feel bad per say, but I do sometimes feel some form of sympathy for players when they get it in good and are way ahead to start the hand and I suck out on them to take them out.

I think I agree with you every once in awhile I feel a little sympathy but then I don't feel sorry for them because of all the times it happens to me also LOL.. online poker is brutal and everyone knows they're going to take so many bad beats and just get lucky once in awhile:)

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neah:)))) we all lose somethimes. I feel good for my win:))

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Defenitely i feel sorry when it goes something like that with me. then i am very peased. when some player loose like that it makes me feel even happy and makes me smile. It's not nice but sometimes it goes like that.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like when someone at your table is short stack and goes all in with AA, KK...and someone with a lot of chips calls it with 3 and 9 or something like that, and wins a hand...I often think how angry I would be.

No. I hope they are experienced enough to know they are playing a game of probability and those types of things happen.