Do you feel sorry for other players?

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No , im happy...:))) But i feel a bit "guilty" because lot of time i imagine was posible to be in that place to. But in general im not sorry because i know the feling of nearly all bead beats...So in poker is no MERCI

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sorry there arent sorry for me its a competition with money try my best:fight::smokin:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game someone is lucky, but someone is not, you need to perceive good luck or failure with a sense of humor.:)

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont who my opponent is, they will laugh when beat me, why should i feel sorry???

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it's a win from under 10% probability for me to win even though it's really nice to win the pot it makes me sometimes feel bad that someone has played so well and lost with the better hand

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times weak cards win against stronger ones - if you play a lot you will sit on both sides :D

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like when someone at your table is short stack and goes all in with AA, KK...and someone with a lot of chips calls it with 3 and 9 or something like that, and wins a hand...I often think how angry I would be.
totally agree about being angry I ve been in both situations and i dont feel bad but i do feel angry Some days i just play whatever and let the poker gods decide

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
no, I don’t feel sorry for anyone, the game is the game, I’m used to it that the players, having nothing in their hands, go to the al-lin and win

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Its funny because its dumb...…..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont feel sorry for my opponents. Whenever someone busts from a tournament, I am happy, because now there is one less player standing between me and the win. In cash games I am always cheering for the worst players, as long as I am not involved in the action. Its great, if a fish suck out on a regular, because now the fish has a lot of money, I can win, he will stay at the table, and as an extra bonus the regular might be on tilt :D

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play live poker when on vacation. I am playing with complete strangers. I have never played in a home game with friends because I would not want to take their money...so I only play out of town, and no, I do not feel bad for short stacks. I have been in that position many times, including getting aces cracked on the very first hand. Nobody felt bad for me, I did not feel that bad (a little frustrated maybe) for myself because I know that this is part of the game and this is why I love to play. It is the one area I can compete on almost even ground with better players, and even pros. I know that I cannot beat Tiger Woods in golf, cannot beat Roger Federer at tennis, but I stand a chance against a poker pro.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually OK to have empathy for someone who loses. It makes you human. Just make sure the empathy is post flop. During play you should have absolutely no feelings of regret about your playing style or whether or not you will be taking someone out.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some players who I feel sorry because they game style are sympathic. They play well but lose becase of a "lucky knight".

OneSevenFi5

OneSevenFi5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel worse busting guys from cash games than tournaments, but at the end of the day, most people set foot in that room knowing its a possibility. At the end of the day, they'll lose it to someone, it might as well be me! :D

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time this young kid went all in and I had a full house, 444KK, but he had KKK44. He didn't realize he had a boat until after he mucked his cards. He went home crying. I figured he would never make that mistake again, but really felt sorry for him.

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sorry never. If i win somenody lose, and if i lose somebody win.This is part of the game!

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a short answer, no. Mostly I don't feel anything. I don't think that makes me a bad person. What may make me a bad person, however, is sometimes I feel really good beating people that have an attitude or maybe they are just a jackass. If beating those type of people makes me a bad person, I can live with that.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am like :eek::eek: :icon_puke :puke:

But it is good feeling when I am that guy with 39 :D

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope.

Poker is cold hard math and a business for me. It's never personal and there are no emotions about it.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am a little sorry for those who go out on the bubble honestly. :eek:

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nee, i only feel sorry for my self.

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game should be treated with dignity. In the game, you can not feel sorry for someone. In war as in war. I don't feel sorry for anyone in the game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Sale MLS! I'm not agree with You, because in Poker no concept of justice... This is need understand one time and on always.
This is difficult, but this necessary accept, to progress in Poker! In Poker the winner is the one who wins, and not important what methods, main these methods did not vioalate established rules, and if everytime to angry, this means put yourself constantly in "tilt". Why?! This is only harms your game... More positive, because Poker is only game. ;):)
P. S. The main game is our Life! :cool::heeeellll

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do feel sorry for others specially in the final table when the chipleader makes one mistake and then just goes on a losing streak