Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am caught bluffing, it means that I have lost money. I am beginning to think where I have not clearly conveyed the information about my strong hand. And no embarrassment.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, it is part of the game to lie in order to win chips, sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't work out.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More than embarrassed, I actually feel annoyed with myself, for having invested much more money in the pot and losing it at the end of the hand, for insisting on trying to take the pot by bluffing too much and getting caught or against a adversary who is a cold payer.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't like bluffing but don't mean to say that I never do or have done it, but as little as possible. Even if it is part of the game, some people do it all the time, no matter where they sit or how people play at the table and then I don't think it's about bluffing anymore but just donk moves that are disguised as bluff. If I've been caught, then I have a little oops moment and then it goes on again

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't like bluffing but don't mean to say that I never do or have done it, but as little as possible. Even if it is part of the game, some people do it all the time, no matter where they sit or how people play at the table and then I don't think it's about bluffing anymore but just donk moves that are disguised as bluff. If I've been caught, then I have a little oops moment and then it goes on again

Bluffing is only embarrassing when you get caught, but for me, I rarely bluff, but when I do it is usually to set up a future hand, so it depends on the position and chip count as to who is going to get that bluff. I really don't mind getting caught if I have the chips to cover it.

czapa11

czapa11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not feeling embarassed after bluffing during playing online poker.
I think it could be changed when I play live poker matches.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel embarrassed! I just wonder if it was a good place to bluff. GL

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a game move, I don't say I'm embarrassed when happens, maybe a little uncomfortable since I will have to change the strategy a little due to the image that was created ;)

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, if you don't throw in a bluff from time to time then you're not trying to win.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no im get sad cause I lost my chips)

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Embarrassed..... lol hell no !!!! Don’t know if a bluff will work unless you try to bluff at it.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you feel a little embarrassed getting caught bluffing?

not at all!!!
is part of the game :p

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game. Every now and then it is a good thing to do. This will set up a later hand, if you get caught. You could have the nuts, bet hard and get called because they think you are bluffing again.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ok but I'm cought too often, so how to know when you can bluff? Is aggresion depends on on balance of bets& checks?

I think it comes from how the other players see how you play, being aggressive and pushy from early stages can be dangerous play, if you all have the same chip-stacks, but if you give the early impression that you are a tight player, and are waiting for the monster hands before playing a hand, they will show you some respect when you do enter pots.
I have and still do, fold the majority of hands in early stages, just to show I am a tight/sensible player, then when I do start to be a little aggressive with raises and re-raises, they begin to suspect I may have some monster hands and back off a little, this then can give you the opportunity to try a few bluffs in later stages.
To bluff or try to bluff in early stages can be a dangerous play, as they have no perception on how good/bad a player you are, and if caught out in the early stages they will label you as a bluff player, and will call you even if they only have top pair.
It takes time and practice to become good at anything, so try a little patience before pulling off the perfect bluff, and good luck in the future.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! The bluff definitely is an one important part of that game, as Poker...:cool:
I think, with this statement anyone will not to moot...:rolleyes: Therefore, by my opinion,
any embarrassment in this occasion don't need to be.:cool: Because Poker is only Game :joyman::
not more, and not less...:deal: That's all! :cool: And Good Luck Everybody! ;):):D

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly not!
What I do on these occasions is check if I was bluffing in the right spot!
If the bluff doesn't pass, it turns off the hand

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
why be embarrassed
bluffing is part of the game

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but I'm but hurt that the bluff didn't get through. There is nothing to be embarrassed about when you are caught bluffing the game would be boring and predictable if people only bet when they had something

Belpster

Belpster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always wonder what I did wrong when getting caught trying to get a bluff through. So more confused than embarrassed!!!

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Если меня поймают на блефе, я не смущусь. Я постараюсь использовать это как плюс в следующих руках. Зная то, что они теперь знают обо мне.

A

archilazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely i feel myself embarrassed, but it is a game
sometimes being caught on bluff gives chance to win more on next hand

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes if other players was thinking i only bet the nuts

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doesn't bother me just makes the next time when they think i am bluffing and have the nuts funny.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, somentimes when I do it in stupid way. Bluffing when you have a good chance to get right cards is ok. But when I do some stupid moves, like bluffing with weak cards, I do not feel good when others can see it.