Do You Drink Something to Help You Perform?

J

jameesdavid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only drink chocolated cappuccinos. Energy drinks or alcoholic drinks are not good for playing hahahahaha :tee:

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i drink coffee or water and most of the water. I always have a bottle of water next to me so that I can always have a drink in between. I think that if you are in a tournament for a longer period of time, you should make sure that you drink enough fluids because you can then concentrate better. Alcohol or energy drinks not only quench thirst but also do things in the brain that are not positive for everyone. I know that coffee can have this too, but I like coffee

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally, two drinks that help me carry a session, the water that I never lack and if I feel exhausted, I reactivate with a good strong coffee, my nerves are activated in such a special way, it is like a drop of adrenaline , which reactivates me to make my best decisions, tastes of tastes ,, drinks that I use daily in my game sessions ,,,,, I love coffee ,, I recommend them ,,,, it works excellent ,,, patience, dedication , discipline and never pay to lose ,, it happens to all of us ,, we pay ,,,, luck

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink a lot of coffee and water. I also slug on cherry Bubbly's like no other lol.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, a soda cola makes you play more relaxed.

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I drink alcohol I play max $1 tables for fun.
;) ;) ;)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never drink anything to improve my performance at all. Doing that will only give you a dependence or an excuse to loose. Just take what ever feels omfortable at the time without over doing it. Sometimes it is just water, a Fresca or a Fresca y Tequila, more often if it is a long game I toss in a coffee.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just coffee. Besides cigarettes and poker, that's my only addiction. I don't drink alcohol at all.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just for fun I looked in. I LOLed at the beer comment, Don't get me wrong, I do it too, but then I lose,..... and I know it's gonna happen. I no longer play for any real sums of money. When I did, I only had good consistent results if I made sure there was simply no alcohol till I was done. (OK, even sober I kinda suked, but did eventually suck less...)

Water. That's kinda what most successful players claim to be the best drink while playing poker. There are notable exceptions, but these are also normally notably exceptional people. Just think Stu Unger..................

"Water.....Most successful players......Best drink while playing poker"
Think about that for a sec. I'm a drunk and even I agree with this........... (But I'm not an alcoholic, cause I don't go to meetings..... But that's another story)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Water is the most important element, it keeps you hydrated, gives you peace of mind by helping you with gambling anxiety and keeps you alert, contrary to what alcohol does. Regards.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the tournament drags on I drink coffee and the focus increases (in addition to driving away sleep, of course) so I think can say yes about the question of performance

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

too much coffee is also bad colleague !!! I recommend you tea or natural drinks hug and success

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Water mixed with the tears of my opponents.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 'magic' component of most energy drinks is Taurine,
then if you have the issues with drinks, you may try the
pills that dissolve in water. These pills could contain Taurine, caffeine and some minerals,
but no sugar and other 'fancy' stuff that is in Red Bull.
You should be able to find them in a pharmacy
or perhaps in some sport supplement shops.

Myself, I like to drink coffee during the day, but not necessarily before a game.

Last edited:
danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I put on a pot of ol' soldier's coffee and I am off and running!

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coffee vs water

I use to drink coffee while playing. I think it kept me awake and focused. I was drinking a lot though like two of three big cups of coffee every night. But now I know it is not good for health. So I replaced it with a bottle of water.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a little of both, tbh. If I had to choose I'd go water.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
coffee in the morning

that's about it

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Beer or Fernet whit Coke....never help My Game....lolo

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I DRINK A LOT OF WATER. SOMETIMES, I LIKE TO DRINK BEER, IN SMALL AMOUNT. I DON'T LIKE STIMULANTS.