Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

D

DaytonaVid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not during online games. Still need to concentrate on the game / players.

When playing live with a group of people I know for low stakes, sure - whiskey on the rocks :)

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do ya drink alcohol when ya play poker online or LIVE? If so, whats your flavor? I like that Budweiser (go frogs!):eek:
You can have a low alcohol drink. I try not to drink drinks stronger than wine when playing poker.;) It doesn't always work out.:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Drinking alcohol while playing is a bad idea. Maybe if poker is just bingo for you, then alcohol will contribute to your euphoria. But personally, I prefer a patient, and focused game.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking is always fun while playing. But you must moderate yourself so it's doesn't negatively affect your game

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play with friends and i don't care about the result - yes i drink as much as i like and what i like at this moment. If i play seriously i avoid it completely or limit it to just one light beer.

B

Bigfish420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t mind a beer or too when I’m playing poker but I do find if I have too much my play dose start to get affected although I have had some decent wins when drink lol I find I’m more likely to take risks when I’m drunk and sometimes that can be a good thing because I tend to bust out because I’m playing too tight but also if I’m really drunk I’m more likely to make a bad play so don’t really know if it’s a good or a bad thing but I think it actually helps me to have a few beers or something when I’m playing poker because I’m not so uptight and I’m more relaxed so that helps

C

Csharp123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink while playing poker

Drinking while playing poker could affect your concentration depending on your tolerance.

O

Overmars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt drink if I was playing live as I'd want to have a clear head and study other players.

During the pandemic, me and my friends could have a game and we'd chill out with a few beers. It was a bit of fun and a nice catch up, but when playing proper online, no.

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usualy no but at home games I will take a drink or two if i am feeling it and the stakes are not too high

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do ya drink alcohol when ya play poker online or LIVE? If so, whats your flavor? I like that Budweiser (go frogs!):eek:
Very funny the question for the answer that comes to my mind, is that if I drink alcohol I get too brave after a few drinks and then I want to pay all the bets. It would ruin me to play like this.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don`t drink generally, but why to drink while playing poker? I prefer to have clear mind to take succesfull decisions.:cool:

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if answer is no? Then I shouldn't answer?
No, no and no. Drinking and poker is well documented for hundreds of years are not going together!!!
I listen that advice, older guys sometimes have something smart to say.

J

J0k3rWright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink when playing poker, I like to remain clear headed . But I have seen some players who play better after a couple of drinks. Maybe it's because they follow their gut instinct more or maybe they just aren't overthinking hands like they would if they hadn't had a drink.

R

rent52

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have a glass of wine and a glass of water on my desk, but playing drunk is not a great idea at all.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't drink while playing poker, believe it or not. You do not think the same and being happy you risk more.
Drinking does not link with the game.