Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the mood I’m in! Serious playing no ... recreational playing ... yes!

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For online play, a spliff before and during is a must lol. Alcohol has more negatives for sure.

F

Frank Jones

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I used to not any more though except the occasional 1 pint- I remember going out on a session - drank about 8 pints with friends - I was young .. so about 2 am my mates went to bed - in town with money for a change so not me - I got in a taxi and and went to the Grovesnor in London - walked (or wobbled gingerly past the doorman ) - then sat down to play 1 pound 2 pound 7 card stud - this was about 1998 - I played well for a total drunk - I expect I was very slow and irritating for the other players- - I was up about 200 pounds - then near end of the night about 5 am - I got to the 6th or 7th card and hit a full house - I had been building a pot against an asian guy - who I found easy to read - played every hand and made bad calls - seemed wealthy too -easy money - so I have my full house - I put him on a flush - somewhere in my hazy mind -so he bets out about 50 quid thinking he had won the hand - all I had to do was re- raise all into win a massive pot ( I would estimate 500 quid ) - he definitely would have called - or re raised if a lesser raise amount - he would have reraised - - WHAT DID I DO ???? Called - OH NO LOL - hey I won - walked away with 350 quid profiy but If I was sober I would have won twice as much . Tales of the DEMON drink !!!!

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I strongly advise against drinking alcohol while playing poker. I have tried several times and yes, maybe it is definitely bolder, but the decisions you make sometimes are not rational, and there is very rapid fatigue.

H

harjukki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember reading some studies about alcohol consumptions effects on creativity. IIRC low doses of alcohol may boost certain types of creative thinking and inhibit others.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when i play with friends just to play, i end up drinking, but never in a tournament be it live or online

C

chtobvas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol won't allow you to make good decisions. Alcohol makes the game much more aggressive.

S

shagill55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually not, never more than one. But I do enjoy smoking on breaks, that brings me to a lot better space than drinking

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About alcohol

i think one bottle of beer or a glass of whiskey will not make you do a bad decision.
But don't abuse of alcohol you may loose 99.99:marchmell%.

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think alcohol is for fun, poker is also a fun,i thing so a beer goes one but only one beer no more.

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use a special tea for nerves bought in Thailand... never drink alcohol even in normal life so not in poker

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you drink alcohol when you play poker yeah why not i taka this Mix alcohol+poker lets hem have some fun yup

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration

I don't drink alcohol when I play, I think nobody should, it's obviously up to the person, but in general if you drink alcohol, you're not going to be 100% to be aware of all the factors at the table and make the best decisions. there are not many tips that I can give you for concentration, the best thing is to focus on your game and making good decisions, I listen to music in tournaments, it is a good form but each one will have its own form

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Я не пью алкоголь и во время игр не советую никому пьяным сидеть на столе. алкоголь не приведет к добру.
Absolutely, when you play poker you do not need to sit on the table, you need to sit on a chair. And it does not depend on whether you drink or not. (joke, sick of the madness with the virus):five:

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I def drink when playing live, but not enough to get drunk. I always drive alone to card room, so need to make sure that I don't have enough to be drinking and driving. I drink less when playing online and it is less frequent.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I once drank alcohol while playing, although it was fun, I do not recommend it, I drank more of the account and I lost concentration and I lost money, so I do not recommend it, alcohol decreases your reasoning and concentration abilities and makes you make bad decisions.:D