Do you consider yourself an offensive or defensive player?

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Poker is both defense and attack all together! You need to be able to adjust in time

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider myself a beginner player, and my game is defensive. I still have a lot to learn.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm just a maniac, and sometimes I'm Dolly the sheep.:)

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Being aggressive always has its perks. But adapting the table is the best thing to do.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I consider myself somewhat defensive

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Offensive all the time… fast play and pretty much bluff until I make it type … at least when the opponents allow that kind of play ..

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well I have an excellent way of making decisions....I put my finger under my tongue and suck hard, then I hold it up to see how the wind is blowing......

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A bit of both, I think it's better to combine the two ways of playing and not follow a pattern of plays

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Honestly, I don't know how to position myself, but I'm more on the defensive side, although at times I make advanced moves in the game!

I

ilikeapplepie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have more money on the line, it's probably smarter to play defensive. But with freerolls, who really cares?

T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
depends on the opponents at the table

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean nit and predictable or maniac I guess.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
"Well, actually, my approach to poker is quite versatile, and I don't limit myself to being simply offensive or defensive. My playing style varies depending on several key factors that I consider in each situation.
First, the stage of the tournament is crucial. In the early stages, when the blinds are low compared to the chip stacks, I tend to adopt a more aggressive strategy. I look for opportunities to steal blinds and build my stack. This may seem offensive since I'm pressuring my opponents and trying to accumulate chips.
However, as I progress in the tournament and the blinds increase, my focus can become more defensive. Now, my goal is to preserve my stack and avoid unnecessary risk situations. This may include a more selective hand range and a more cautious attitude, especially against aggressive opponents.
I also carefully consider my opponents. If I'm playing against less experienced players, I might adopt a more aggressive strategy because I can exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, if I'm at a table with experienced and observant players, I may become more defensive and be alert to possible aggressive plays against me.
I also take into account opening ranges. If I'm in an early position and have a strong hand, I'm likely to open with a large bet. But if I'm in a late position and the blinds are high, I might opt for a smaller opening or even decide not to open with marginal hands.
In summary, my poker playing style is a combination of offensive and defensive, and it adapts to the circumstances. Poker is a game of skill and adaptability, and my goal is to make the most advantageous decisions in every moment to maximize my chances of success."

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself an aggressive player

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Discipline! Sometimes I play very risky and aggressive, which has its advantages in the short term, but then I start to restrain myself and if I don't move, discipline helps me consolidate my success! There is no and should not be a definite answer - it all depends on the situation, as well as the fact that you will play the same hand in different ways, judging by your position.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
You have to be agressive in the right spots, depwnds if you are playing cash games or tournaments, in cach games more agression is better

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the stage of the tournament, the size of my stack...

But my tendency is to be more aggressive than passive, but perhaps still far from the aggression needed to be a great poker player.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In you of poker, are you more defensive and strategic, or aggressive and rely on luck?
I think it would depend on the moment ans the size of my stack

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
in poker all aspects are important, you need not only to defend yourself, but also to be able to attack, for all this you need a strategy, so you need to be able to adapt to any situation

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before the session starts, I understand that both styles should be present in my game - but as soon as a couple of failures occur, I inexorably slide into defense - I invent value for my opponent everywhere, and so on.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Both strategies, and you win with skill. It all depends on the players on the table, if two out of 6 players play too much and risk aggression, you know that they can easily be deprived of their money, so naturally the rest will calmly wait for an opportunity. On the other hand, if you play calmly, you are lucky and win hand after hand, you join them and play aggressively. I once played a tournament where I won 35 hands in a row, I played cards I would never go all in on, but I made the most of every hand. So you never really know how you will play, it's the hand of cards and other players that will decide.