Do you consider yourself an offensive or defensive player?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In you of poker, are you more defensive and strategic, or aggressive and rely on luck?
First of all, I rely on my own skills and experience, and of course I also hope for luck. Without luck nothing will succeed, this is the reality of the game of poker.

Vladqt

Vladqt

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
harmony is needed, as in football, goals are needed to win, but we must not forget about our own goals

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In you of poker, are you more defensive and strategic, or aggressive and rely on luck?
I'm not generally an aggressive player, but I usually rely on luck, because without it, it's impossible to win.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think you have to use both styles of play if you want to be successful.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Well, both.
If the opponent is agressive, I become more defensive. And vice versa.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The thing is if you want to be strategic, you need to be aggressive. It's only occasionally, if it's based on reads, when you can give initiative to others.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've only been playing for about two years, but I still consider myself a beginner. For me, poker is primarily entertainment and I think that luck plays a very important role in this game, although of course skills also matter.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be able to know when to get your money in when you have the best of it and protect it when you don't so I think my answer to the question is I am aggressive when I'm strong and hopefully folding when my opponents are strong.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Obviously both. Depending on situation(s) it is never wrong to use miliitary and/or police strategies ...

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends on my mood, for example if i fail to have a success holding AJ AQ AK or something and this happens 2-3 times in a row i say "OH **** THIS" and i go all in next round.. something i really need to fix if i want profit :)

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I consider myself a defensive player

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That always depends a bit on my hand and my opponents. you have to adapt to the situation.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who am I playing?

Someone that doesn't know anything besides "me aggressive, me Jam" or they have 50-100BBs in a tourn with AK, AQ saying "ME ALL IN," LOL or am I playing someone that has a clue what they're doing and will fold medicore hands but when they wake up with a hand then I should take notice of what they're doing?

Last edited:
john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good question! I'm aggressive on pre-flop and passive on flop, then aggressive again on Turn and passive on River. But most of the time I flip a coin to determine my current strategy. And a lot of it depends on my mood... and my mood depends on the vector of the sun, wind strength and lunar eclipses. :ROFLMAO::sneaky:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game depends a lot on the players at the table and I choose aggressive or defensive strategic.:)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, a good player should combine, attack somewhere, defend somewhere, depending on the opponent, but I probably manage to defend more often.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry but your question doesnt make much sense

being agressive doesnt mean that you rely on luck and being passive doesnt have to mean you are using "strategy"

that being said i am aggressive if i have to . while being strategic at the same time ;)

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself and my stats prove that I am more offensive, in my opinion being more offensive will bring you more profit in the long run

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the situation and the number of chips, in general I am a midfielder.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think being an aggressive player doesn't mean you depend on luck. There are even times in tournaments when it is advisable to play aggressive. It depended on the table we were at. But I repeat, I think it depends on the moment of the tournament in which we find ourselves. You shouldn't always play the same way. Situations change.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bit of both. Many factors can determine how I play in any given moment. The way the table plays is probably the biggest factor.