Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Having my first contact with the game when I was around 12 years old, I don't remember which channel it was, possibly ESPN or one of those other paid channels from that moment on I always saw something promising, I played a few hands with schoolmates and when I finished school I already I had made my 1st deposit and in the first tournament 1$dollar had become 58$ and I have continued playing for 10 years and I don't see myself doing anything other than abandoning these when I have won more Very

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Its starting to be a part time job!! But in the future I hope it can be a full time job!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only consider poker as a source of income. Unfortunately, I don't have a regular job because of the war (my area of activity can't function during hostilities). So at this stage of my life I pay a lot of attention to poker, but still, it's only on the freeroll level. :unsure:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like poker, it's an interesting experience, although also risky, etc
For me, a hobby is both entertainment and, at the same time, additional income. Poker brings me money, on average - $50 a month. But considering that for me poker is entertainment, the fact that I have additional income while having fun makes me very happy :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This has probably been said before, but the real money from having poker as a job is in backing (someone else pays your fees to play), sponsorships and content creation, like with many other things. Yes, it is possible to grind and make a living purely from playing, maybe if you live in countries with a low cost of living, but it's not a nice life.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No. For me it's just a hobby. And honestly, knowing how unpredictable poker is, I'm surprised there are people who live playing poker

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i worked as a floor man in a tiny poker room in california in the 70's. the games were fun then and it was easy to win as well . the card club took $1.25 per seat(8 handed ) every half hour and we shuffled and dealt for ourselves ! now the average player is much more knowledgeable and sophisticated . you can still find great action at small stakes live no limit holdem , but the house rake , 'promotion' drop, and tips to the dealers make it almost impossible for even a strong player to come out ahead at that level . you have to step up two levels , be very very good , mentally tough , and have a solid bankroll to have any chance at a living income . i'll stick with online freerolls and microstakes and leave the big games to the modern pros , gamblers, wannabees and degens .

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is just entertainment. I would like poker to become a profession for me, but for now, unfortunately, I do not see such prospects.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Na! More like i live in reality.
I forgot. You think Putin is a great guy too.

Let me get it straight though, so because you're not making money playing poker, nobody else could be either? And the ones that are... aren't?

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I work as a dealer in a small poker club. In this regard, I consider poker my job :). Well, as for the game, for me it is a hobby and pleasure. When I start treating poker like a job, I stop enjoying it. This game, like all other games, needs to be played at ease, when there is a desire and mood, then the results from the gaming session will be better. This is my personal opinion, maybe someone will disagree with me. Well, in the future I would like to start playing poker professionally, I am sure that everything is ahead, everything has its time :).

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot. You think Putin is a great guy too.

Let me get it straight though, so because you're not making money playing poker, nobody else could be either? And the ones that are... aren't?
Going ad-hominem, won't change my opinion, that people that rely solely on poker as income are madmen/women.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a job. A hobby. I play for small stakes. One would need to invest quite a lot to make a living out of poker and also invest a lot of time. This would displace my actual job hours.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not at all, its for fun, nothing more

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Going ad-hominem, won't change my opinion, that people that rely solely on poker as income are madmen/women.

The ones I know personally actually love their job. But at the same time they've never done anything else. I just don't see them as being 'madmen'.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Not at the moment, it is not a job and maybe it will never be, because for that to happen, it would have to generate at least 10K per month

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
not really , just for fun at the moment

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ones I know personally actually love their job. But at the same time they've never done anything else. I just don't see them as being 'madmen'.
That's better, should have said that in the first place instead of going all ad hominem.
I guess your definition of a madman is different to mine. Where i come from, we are all mental.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For now I don't consider it my work, because I can't play as much as I should for it to be a job, I play in my spare time... But in the future it could become a job for me.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is entertainment. Entertainment that is quite useful, because sometimes this entertainment brings me profit. It's great when there is a hobby that actually doesn't need additional funding, and which, in addition to pleasure, brings money :)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you earn enough money to live, then if it's a job.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm doing my best to become the main job!(y)(y)