ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't consider it my job because I don't dedicate myself to poker full time, for now I only see it as a way to make extra money

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish it was my job. But at the moment it isn't.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a job for me .... I have a short attention span and when good hands stop coming around for a while i get bored , and then sloppy .

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays yes, I pay my bills with money from poker and my only source of income today is from poker so I can say that poker is my job

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hell no, ever since Black Friday poker is just a hobby

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
For me, poker is just a hobby. Great game, interesting entertainment, and sometimes poker brings me money in addition to pleasure. It is not a job for me, but nevertheless, to some extent, poker is also an additional source of income for me.
Good luck :)

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No poker its my best hobby but not my job.......i have dont have enough cash to do some cash.....life is like that you need cash to do some cash so....

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider poker a job, but rather a hobby.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is not a job for me, poker is a hobby for me

L

Leroydubz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i treat poker like a bussiness though its not my main source of income but treating it like a job can only benefit you if can handle the pressure of it being a steady source of income. be it main or secondary

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, only a madman/woman would.
Why is that? Is it due to it being a much more difficult occupation than most people realize?
I have a number of friends who play professionally & I think if I was capable, I'd probably try to join them.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I wish it was my job. But at the moment it isn't.
not always as fun as you might think :)
Was my job for many years live. ... now online more semi like fulltime job.... I think I won't be able to have the same success online.
my most fav scene of the movie^^

Last edited:
gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I don’t think so. Poker is a hobby.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is that? Is it due to it being a much more difficult occupation than most people realize?
I have a number of friends who play professionally & I think if I was capable, I'd probably try to join them.
Who are they and is that there only source of income?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who are they and is that there only source of income?
It is their only source of income & 99% of their play is online. They've played between 10 & 20years and for some it has been their only job they've ever done. (aside from being a golf caddy, newspaper boy, working at Subway).
All of them play tournaments. None of them have had a losing year... ever.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is their only source of income & 99% of their play is online. They've played between 10 & 20years and for some it has been their only job they've ever done. (aside from being a golf caddy, newspaper boy, working at Subway).
All of them play tournaments. None of them have had a losing year... ever.

Ask them if they want to buy a bridge in Scotland.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like poker, it's an interesting experience, although also risky, etc
I don't consider it a job, it would be crazy if I did, I have a true love (I hope my wife doesn't know) it's been more than 55 years of living together

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still couldn't turn it into work!
which is a shame for me.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ask them if they want to buy a bridge in Scotland.

Why bother asking me if you choose to respond with an asinine comment?

There are still many players who are winning players online and who play for a living (especially players from European countries & South America where wages could be 1/10th of what they are in a more developed nation & cost of living is cheap by comparison as well). But there are also ones playing from canada & elsewhere, along with many who are originally from USA. (some of the guys I'm talking about are from USA but have been living abroad for over a decade).

Is it that difficult for you to fathom this? It'd be easy enough for you to just scroll through some of the tournament lobbys (mid-stakes, high-stakes) grab a handful of the screen names & find out who they are, what other sites they play on, how long they've been playing, what all of their online tournament stats. are and what their live tournament stats. are too. &/or if they are also cash game players too. It's not that difficult to figure it out.
There are loads of guys still playing professionally online (& many also live as well) that I can recall seeing from the FTOPS series on Fulltilt, & from deep runs in wsop MainEvents dating back to before 2010. Tons of them still play. They don't have jobs.

And as I briefly mentioned earlier, there are also many low-stakes pros as well. (I still chat with some who used to be members on this forum). If you check names on players while deep in any low stakes tourney, you'll see that 1/2 your table are regulars... people who are playing for a living.

It is no longer easy money & most aren't making a ton of money (games are much tougher these days vs. 10 years ago) but there are many who are putting in the work and playing poker for their job.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is probably more of a hobby for me now than a job, and most likely it will remain that way in the near future.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
All my respect for those who manage to do good work, it's a job many of us wish we were capable of.