Do You Consider Poker a Sport?

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,for me it is a mental sport like chess, it is also played against other people competing for a prize

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Not really. Poker is not athleticism and exercise. Wrestling poker, skill. In poker sports spirit reigns and there is a sports component, but not Olympic sport. Universal poker rules bring people from different countries and religions closer, opening up the possibilities of global cooperation inherent in sports. Poker is an intellectual struggle, with elements of fake, luck and luck. In which victory does not depend on the physical component of the player. Poker is a harmonious intellectual development, self-control and emotional stability, creative thinking, development of memory. Poker is an art, logic, thinking and luck.
"" If poker is a sport. Masturbation Weightlifting ""

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I consider poker as a sport but only tournaments without re buy without re entry.Cash games I cant consider as a sport bcuz that is real gamble

Mariya

Mariya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!!!

poker is not a sport! poker is excitement when the excitement comes you can not stop twisting this excitement. and you can stop in sports.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
sport is about moving , i don't consider poker a sport . is like chese , chess is considered sport of the mind , but in chess luck has nothing to do there . In poker LUCK is a big part of the game.

So absolutley not a sport, a game yes .... a game of luck

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any sport is a simple gambling game. so poker can be considered a separate sport. chess is considered a sport, but poker is not.

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, poker for me is sports, but not physical, but mental!:aetsch:

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that poker is a game of chance, not a sport. And I do not imagine it as a kind of Olympic program. It seems to that is not so interesting to watch for a long time how people play cards a lot of time .

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport is a specific kind of physical activity performed for the purpose of competition, as well as targeted preparation for them by warming up, training. Mass sport provides an opportunity for millions of people to improve their physical qualities and physical abilities, to strengthen their health.
Poker, by definition, cannot be a sport. Rather, it is a gamble or even an intellectual game. I think that we will never see poker at the Olympics.

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. Poker is not athleticism and exercise. Wrestling poker, skill. In poker sports spirit reigns and there is a sports component, but not Olympic sport. Universal poker rules bring people from different countries and religions closer, opening up the possibilities of global cooperation inherent in sports. Poker is an intellectual struggle, with elements of fake, luck and luck. In which victory does not depend on the physical component of the player. Poker is a harmonious intellectual development, self-control and emotional stability, creative thinking, development of memory. Poker is an art, logic, thinking and luck.
"" If poker is a sport. Masturbation Weightlifting ""

Mental activity burns more calories than any physical activity. You burn more calories per hour playing chess than any running or jumping on a field.

cidul

cidul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker is a mind game like chess. In the long run all good players win. Of course, luck can intervene and sometimes the weaker players can win and that is good because if they always lose they would give up playing and there would be no fish to make money in poker, then poker would die.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is just a gambling game, not sports

Obrudzsahad32

Obrudzsahad32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a physical, but definitely a mentality sport:)

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
in any way.
Poker will be the best card game in the world, but no activity you can do from a chair can be considered a sport, as it lacks many characteristics that a sport needs.
Greetings and good hands.

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a mixed of Sport and gambling world... Think that is sport because a professional poker player, makes a daily or better a period of preparation such as : gym for strength core and body in general, some of them yoga, do mental preparation just like individual sports... etc
If we think is not a sport is only bcs lucky is involved but i can consider POKER a SPORT for my opinion

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it would make a great Olympic sport when do the try outs start :dancing2::dancing2: :ahhhhh::ahhhhh::ahhhhh:

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game,but not sports game.
There is a profesional players in this game,but they are just players of this game,they are not sports players.
There is a thread about top 5 sports player in thisf forum,and do you know how many profesional poker players are mention there?
But there are Roger Federer,Mike Tyson,Tyger Woods.Why you didn't mention D.Negranue or othere poker players there?

I

IronVictoryStar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Poker a Sport?

This shouldnt be a question on 2020.
I dont know how many times its been even certificated as Sport/E-Sport.

But is a Poker player making a carrer of it really an Athlete?

Of course it is, now a days CS:GO players practice thousands of hours watching VODs to get better, so does a profesional League Of Legends player expends hundresds of hours practicing all day long. These are the 2 most popular E-Esports in the world, players wins thousands of dollas and spends hundreds of hours training and preparing therselves.

Iron

J

johnjohn87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Since poker isn't technically gambling and it's considered a game of skill, and that game of skill means that there is competition then I would consider poker a sport because if you take it seriously and dont "gamble" by means of chasing flushes and straights non stop then you're competing against one another. Poker isn't a physical demanding task though so some might not.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, for sure. It´s a sport, but with luck much more involved and dependent than any other sport

C

chtobvas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any sport is also a kind of game. Those who hone their skills with great effort have a better chance of winning. But in any sport there is an element of luck. In my opinion, the description is very similar to poker, it turns out to be a poker sport, perhaps with a little more element of luck :)

L

Larry Sanders

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Golf is a sport, and darts or bowling are sports, then I 100% know poker is a sport. There is luck involved at times, but then again, I don't play golf or go bowling everyday and I have hit a hole in one and get birdies on occasion, as well as, in bowling, I get strikes and pick up the occasional 7-10 split. And I can hit the Bullseye on a dart board. With practice, I could get better at those sports. It takes a lot of stamina and a ton of mental toughness to get through a 12 hour online tournament. I jog and work out and meditate before I play or study, so even for those that don't agree that poker is a sport, I participate in sports type activities to prepare.

C

Cx1117

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever imagined poker in the Olympics? let me know your opinion .... poker is a sport or a simple game of chance?
Certainly a sport like chess, are sports of the mind.
Hahaha it would be too much poker at the Olympics.

Gonegreen420

Gonegreen420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely not a sport, But it is a skills game. A person can watch for betting patterns online, or just go on a hunch , gut feeling whatever it may be. At live tables people are looking at nervous tics how a person reacts to looking at his/her cards. Call it dumb luck or whatever some people are going to get lucky some are going to be unlucky. That’s poker.but In my mind it is not all luck.There is skill to the game of poker.