Do You Consider Poker a Passion, Job or Hobby?

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Used to be a passion of mine when I first started playing, but now its mostly a hobby now that I don't have enough time to play it anymore and I've become exhausted from playing so many hours over the years.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An addiction that passively makes me a little side income lol. Been hooked since 2003 and can't quit if I tried lol.

So a lil of all of them :)

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is a tool. It helps me to improve myself. It teaches me all the basics that I need for entrepreneurship. I never planned to be the best poker player in the world, but it is my vehicle to drive forward to my goal.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's my favorite hobby and I hope it'll grow into something like a job in the future.

K

killosaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its a passion and hobby. Glad im not the only one who shares these traits!

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I do feel its a hobby that im passionate about ,no not a job .
But i would have gone in that direction if i had started at earlier age,or at least tried.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make do as a hobby

Would love Poker to be my Job, but am just not good enough, so will have to make do as a hobby.

P

phil rodgers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am retired now but I first learned the rank of hands and a little about dealing when I was 8 years old from a friend whose father was also stationed in japan. since then, I have learned what to me is an uncountable number of different games.
as I said, I am retired now, but I have never lost my fascination with any game of poker. so definitely a hobby of passionate interest.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is just a hobby, a pleasant pastime in my free time. I generally think that poker is a means of earning a living, you need luck and luck to be your best friends! If you are deprived of this, you should not be a professional poker player.

P

patativact

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is an exciting game for some, it can also be a job and a hobby for others, particularly, I think a stressful game.

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was first started playing online, I was pretty passionate about it on a regular basis. But that was about 16 or so years ago.
Now sometimes I'm really feeling it, and sometimes I'm just doing it to pass the time.
Always a hobby, never a job.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
For me it is a passion and about the skill and support it I would say that it is 50 percent of each

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First at all is a passion for hooby.and i try hard to make my hooby to a job yea..there are hundred of people who make a job of poker. Think about it,If You go and become a pro player You dont have to win all time,You have money from tv show,you have money from sponsor.if You see a pro player on tv wearing a hat with poker platform,think about that player win money frrom sponsor.so yea try hard to make my hooby to a job. Good luck.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how good you are at it?

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a hobby to me like anything else. Yea we all would love it to pay our bills.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, Poker started out as a hobby. As I got to know the game, with its many facets, it became a passion. Since then I started studying the game and maybe flirting with the possibility of one day if I get a job!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just a hobby. I like ring games more. It is just tough for me to sit for more than 3 hours waiting to win $6.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
passion hobby, but aren't most hobbies passion driven

G

GamblingIdiot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fun
and a strategy game (beat opponents by enough blinds to keep your head afloat to the rake you have to pay on each pot you play and win and profit from on top) or a gamble for fun entertainment a sweat or experimenting with strategies lines depending upon mood

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for whom it is a hobby he believes in luck, of course, luck must be present, but first of all poker is mathematics and statistics. for me a hobby

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Passion and hobby for now. I would not devote all my day to this as many professional players do. And most importantly, don't forget to play sports. Avoid sedentary lifestyle and keep a healthy mind.

pykubepx111

pykubepx111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker in my life is work-hobby-work ...

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker - is an interesting game in which there is room for a hobby, passion and work.

F

falkoneti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
falkoneti

My poker is basically for fun. But I very much want to make it a major source of income. It gives me independence, peace of mind and many opportunities. I will be glad if other players help me become better and fulfill one of my many dreams.