Do you Bluff?

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff when playing online ?

I find that I bluff all the time online and cant seem to play the same way I play in live.

There is ZERO ways you will make money if U never bluff. Also is a semi-bluff really a bluff?

I do find that I tend to bluff more in online cash games vs live cash games. I tend to find out that since I take extensive notes I can know know when it is GTO to bluff at lower stakes.

If a person raises UTG & never bets unless he has one pair then I will most surely bet vs him, because he raised with ak preflop & will not bet unless he has something & I know he won't call with his Ace high only.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I let the game develop prior to any bluffs until I have a quick general read on players at the table. (R, T, 100c, BwA, ATC, F, TD, ET)
By then Ive usually, depending on my mood & how Im connecting, Ive developed either a Totally Tight or Plays ATC rep and play my rep.

Respect
Tight
100% C Better
Bets with Air
Any Two Cards from any Position
Fish
Total Donk
Easily Trapped

:icon_bigs

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you never bluff you are doing it wrong ! You are gonna have to learn at some point to mix it up . You don't have to bluff a lot and if you are a generally tighter player then the bluffs you end up doing will garner respect . It is a tough tool to learn in poker but it is a must to beat good players .

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online yes, but live almost never.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every hand that they,them or I touch,.Been known to hold 5 of a kind.

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is one of the main parts of poker, so always use a bluff when the need for a positive outcome in the game.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you can find yourself sometimes in situation when you need to bluff to take a hand othrwise you will be short stake or other....

ChinooTW

ChinooTW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think bluffing live should be less difficult to do because you can watch "tells" that give your opponent. You can know when the other guy hasn´t got an strong hand. However, you have to be really sure and not make any suspicious movement to get him noticed.

DavidUAH

DavidUAH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do

I do bluff but not all the time, bluff can help sometimes but it can also hurts you

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff is a good thing when you're playing on the micro stakes higher, of course the position is also important at the micro-stakes bluffing rarely goes, whatever line was not convincing!

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i like bluff, and do it as often as i can! but if u dont want to feel like pis.of.crap dont bluff on bubble! thats not a good idea, especialy when opp slow.playd AA) :D :D :D lesson learned

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its what I do. If I see a folder, or weak person I bluff bluff bluff..what a thrill:)

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bluffs consist of:
stealing the blinds pre-flop, implying I want to see the flop even though I have 32o;
making a c-bet on a dry flop when I totally missed.

other than that, I don't really bluff in online poker.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always bluff, no matter is it live or online.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the the tournament type... The lower the stakes the harder bluffing becomes... I'll Always bluff to a degree with C Bets and Semi Bluff on draws and good overcards but not outright bluffs, tends not to be profitable for me...

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff but not very often.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the time...f..k that guy...I want his money :)

L

luchoq10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff if the board permit me and if i think that the villan fold the hand !

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff regularly and tbh most of the times i win it. Its just that gut feeling you get that you wont get called no matter what and for me it works.So yeah trust your guts i guess :)

ChinooTW

ChinooTW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to take care about when stop bluffing. You can´t make three barrells all the time. Sometimes you bet on flop, turn and river thinking you are going to put him out and he doesn´t fold and cost you so much chips. DON´T BLUFF FISHES, they almost call with bottom pair or A high.