john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can you see how much your opponent won in that game?
If so, does it affect your game?
If you mean does the size of my opponent's stack affect my play, of course it does. Short stacks on the bubble become sweet targets for a pre-flop raiser or all-in. But of course, a lot depends on my opponent's playing style. I need to clearly understand how important the tournament is to him and, accordingly, how much he is ready to risk his chips. :unsure:

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
For cash tables I do have a basic style+I adjust to each villain style of play separately. Stake size means less-almost nothing other then I'm gonna enjoying having his stake soon :D.

In MTT's I adjust to both stack size+villains style.

Cheers!!!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The problem with many poker players is that they always play the same way. I can't say that I play differently all the time, but I've noticed that if you play the same way with the same players, they'll often make better decisions against you over time. You should try to make the right changes and sometimes even change tactics on some tables.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do I play the same way everytime? No. Absolutely not.
Different games require different styles of play...
Heck, even within a game you need to be able to adapt.
Early game, a lot of people will play a little more loosely as the blinds are small and the overall impact to your stack seems less.
Generally, I try to play differently from my opponents. If they are playing loose, I'll tend to toghten up and try to catch them out.
If they are playing very nitty ((tight), then I'll try to steal blinds. I'll be cognizant of their bet sizing and post-flop play. I love a good check-raise post-flop against that villain holding overcards vs a low card dry board.

Now, I'm not sure whether your question is about a hand or an entire tourney... I don't let a single hand affect my game too much. But occasionally, you come across a strategy that you haven't seen before...or some bet sizing that appears to be paying off... in such cases, I might amend my play similarly.

I play freerolls quite differently from how I play the Sunday Storm or Sunday Million.
I play later stages of a satties differently from the first half of the first sattie.
I try to play a bit differently every time I play with my (LIVE) poker buddies. We've been p[laying almost 10 years together...if one doesn't mix it up a bit, one finds he is easily readable.

Cheers,
JT

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, the actions of my opponents or their results do not cause me any emotions. It just doesn't matter to me. The main thing is what I do, how well I make decisions and how focused I play.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Most poker players will never go above the low limits. In fact, most of them don't even hit these limits! What's holding them back is the key mistakes they keep making. In fact, they themselves continue to put a spoke in their own wheels.Poker is a crazy game, and bad luck can sometimes stick around for weeks, months, or even years. But in the long run, everyone gets the same amount of white and black stripes. Thus, we can summarize that poker is one big test of endurance and patience.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe the stack sizes, both mine and my opponent's, play a crucial role. For instance, if I have 20 BB and raise 2, I'm left with 18. If my opponent raises to 6 with a 26 BB stack, he remains with 20, and by calling, I end up with 14. Considering the blinds, there's about 15 in the pot. The issue is that I become too short-stacked to comfortably play the flop, making it likely that I'll end up in an uncomfortable position against any flop. This example is quite basic, but it illustrates the point I want to convey. So, it always depends on the stack you're managing. In this case, I'm referring to Multi-Table Tournaments (MTTs). Well, this is mostly my opinion, and I could be mistaken. Regards.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the stage of say for example in a tournament. More aggressive on a final table. Early stages of a tournament would wait for an opportunity. So tighter in general in 5e early stages unless you can get on a series of premium hands.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course I always play the same way if I see that my opponents collect a lot of chips, nothing and it's your turn to just wait and get into all the hands to win chips against your opponent, you don't have to play like that just play right and you will all be winning big money at distances

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I have an overall general style that I look to adapt based off table dynamics.

Still very much at the early stages of learning so there's nothing to stop me from completely changing things up, and practice playing very differently in order to see what works, what doesn't. I think I should on occassion, it would be good to add more strings to the bow.

Difficult to force yourself to be tight if you're loose, loose if you're tight, more passive if you're aggressive, more aggresive if you're passive.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every week I try to change the way I play a little so it doesn't get too predictable!(y):unsure:

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not always, specially when there is fishes at the table.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I very rarely play in the same way. I'm in a stage where I try new things and aim to improve, figuring out what works best for me. The problem is that you have to play a lot to see if something works or not in the long run. There are times when I abandon ideas faster than I should. Some things stay the same, obviously, but generally, I keep changing my playing style.

Regarding your other questions, I don't understand them very well. If you rephrase them, I would be happy to answer. Greetings.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play according to what the game asks, sometimes I play more aggressive and sometimes I don't, it will depend on my opponents' stack and the stage the tournament is in.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
play is always changing and dynamic based on the game, players and stacks.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I always try to play the way I feel most comfortable so as not to affect my game now whether it affects me when I lose against a player it only happens sometimes when I make a game mistake that I try to correct in the next hands

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No It all depends on your opponent's performance, so you should change your game all the time.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So I look at how much the opponent won. This is why I make my analysis

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. Sometimes I play very tight, and sometimes I play to much hands. I think everyone must change the way of playing because there are people who look at this things.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, other people's winnings do not affect my game. Whenever I sit down at a poker table, I analyze everything that happens at this table and make different decisions in each situation. There are a lot of nuances in poker and each of them can influence my decision. When someone wins a lot of money, I am sincerely happy for this person, and I understand that if he was able to win, then someday I will be able to win. I always play the way I know how to do it, and I constantly learn something new from my opponents or from some interesting articles about poker.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
NO i don't play the same way every time, Different games and opponents style require different strategies of play,

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Nm, it doesn't affect my game how much my opponent has won before. The only thing that affects me is how he plays now.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TBF I'm playing the hands that I like as a starter. Connectors etc low limit quick games so not much time to sit on hands 🫶