Do you accept to take BAD BEATS?

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are part of this game and they happen to everyone every now and then. I used to react horribly after bad beats and did what many still do: tilted and blew up my bankroll. After I started to improve my mental game, I realized that bad beats are one of those moments that divides winning players from losing players, and I haven't looked back since. I still find it hard to cope with bad beats but now I am able to calm myself down and continue with my A-game after couple of deep breaths. In the end, even after a bad beat, I am happy if I have called/raised with the best hand and realize that it's the winning play in the long run. If someone is going all-in preflop with KJ or something worse against my pocket Aces and I lose, it's only a good thing. Those type of players are exactly the ones you want to share a table with.

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats will always and can not get away from this important simply forget about this bad beat and continue to play your game.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes!

During a long time I've lost a lot making deposits when I didn't know to play to win. Then I've decided build my bankroll through freerolls. Now, I'm happy with my results and learning a lot
Those people that stay desesperated when they are victimed by a bad beat. Often, they are making 1 of 2 mistakes:
1) Or they are overplaying their bankrolls
2) Or they do simply not know or a profiting strategy and they deny it

I recomend for begginers: play a lot of freerolls, for learning, for fun and for a bit of money:cool:

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time... you can't do anything to avoid it. Donks or bingo players either don't care, don't understand or choose to ignore probability, percentages, number of outs etc. So even if you are 90%+ to win the hand on the turn and you were to go all in, a donk will still call you with their one or two outer. Likewise if you were to play very cautiously and just check to the river you wouldn't make profit in the long run should you win.

What to do eh?

True. But I'm following what I'm reading off the poker books and articles I'm reading up on. I used to be paralyzed by fear because of getting sucked out often and give them free cards. I've now gotten over it. I play super tight in the early stages, to either knock out calling stations or outlast them. I then exploit my earlier table image, then sizeable hand histories, position and aggressive betting to attempt racking up chips.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be able to survive. Luck is cyclical. You have to believe.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are a part of the game, just remember how many time you have done the same thing to someone else.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to exept that ,but as years of play goes it is normal,and i m not that angry like before

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats is the part of the game. Of course, sometimes you feel bad cause of that. But you know, that sometimes you can also win with the worst hand.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mother said if you play you need to learn how to lose.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a sit&go hyper player I had to learn to live with them as it happens so often, its normal to get a little upset but you just cant let it affect your decisions.

Samsonate

Samsonate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At some point i realized that bad beats are part of it... and sometimes i beat someone else bad, and thats like a compensation for my bad beats

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some say they will not like take bad beats, so would not it be better to play chess?
Who has not already had a wonderful bad beats and even after losing think it was an unforgettable hand to have participated,We should always be ready for absurd moves, where we think we either get a bad, or the system is stealing, in fact none of this is true, bads happen because of the variance of the game, we often get into bad beats, to our own risk,Who did not have the opportunity to escape a bad play, but preferred to try to move on, even though he knew he was lost
When we win we think we are the masters of poker, but when everything goes wrong, we blame everyone, the system, the players, our bad luck.
We never admit that if we took a bad beat, it was because we went wrong playing
What can we call bad?
You go out like crazy with AA, and taking all your chips to the table, and your opponent paying with QT, win with 9-J-Q-K-A
Hand like this happen all the time, whether online or live, when you bring a bad, do not panic, go ahead with your strategy and everything will turn out well
The worst is when they call with like 73 off and flop smart of trips. Because you know they don't know anything about good play when they do that!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get bad beat and if I still have the stack, I usually start to play more aggressive to return stack which has been, but if it is a bubble on the contrary it means that I need to play a bit easy to enter, at least in prizes. :ac4::2h4::3s4::4d4::5c4::icon_chee:bike::thefinger

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no bad beats. There is the incentive for fish to not improve and donkeys to remain greedy and then there is the bigger picture that the sharks see.

If you feel bad about a bad beat, ask yourself what poker would be like if there were no bad beats and how much more skilled the average player would be and you will be grateful for such beats existing.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sure feel like I'm being tested this week. I've taken a lot of bad beats.
Feel like the poker Gods are against me. But I'm still trying to play through it.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today yes

... I was crazy when it would happened and ended playing wrong and loosing more. but now I'm discovering how it is normal,

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, because in online poker we receive a higher number of hands, and with this go up the chances of taking a bad beat
I didn't mean it and the fact that the random number generator is rigged to increase rake

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Gotcha! When you lose in a 4:1 hand or spot, it just have one answer, this time belongs to your oponents, others 4 times belongs to you, but a lot of players thinks wrong, blaming bad beats, when thay are simply wrong.

77Assassins

77Assassins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe in bad beats as such, because I don't value hands and odds like most people.

Don't get me wrong when I was a relatively new player I did, but after many years of playing all my views changed on poker.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are part and parcel of poker, just expect and accept them.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's just tilt. Good players don't tilt.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate bad beats when they happen to me, but I love them when they happen to others hahaha