Do u call a donkey a donkey, or do u let it slide

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I love online poker. When I someone sucks out on me or calls me down with a weak hand, I can curse on them, and call them every name in the book. But, unless I type something in the chat window, they're none the wiser.

crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes me laugh when I am playing my $1 MTT is when someone takes a beat and they start the abuse on the player who won the hand,and I am so tempted to type 'if you are such an expert,why are you playing a $1 tourney'. I sometimes wonder what type of response I would get.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes me laugh when I am playing my $1 MTT is when someone takes a beat and they start the abuse on the player who won the hand,and I am so tempted to type 'if you are such an expert,why are you playing a $1 tourney'. I sometimes wonder what type of response I would get.

I have said this to someone and the response was thats what all the donks say lol. Saying that though I had some one say that they would destroy Mr McEvoy when I mentioned I would be involved in a game with him this was also at a dollar game.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Response 1: If you are so smart, what are you doing here talkin to me dufus?

Response 2: Yo mama.

Response 3: I see where you live, I am getting on the plane tonite.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I've seen alot of ppl compliment donkish moves and I don't really get it myself, but I also have a tendancy to do the same thing, but for other reasons, so just wondering when u see a person do a really dumb ass move do u A)Compliment him/her B)Tell him his moves were donkish, and that he/she is a donkey, or C)Don't reply either way. As for me, I compliment the donkey just to get a reply and then bang I hit him/her with my favorite quote "I was kidding moron", or wtf are u doing pushing with that bunk retard or whatever I feell like at that moment, that usually gets them reved up at me, and then I wont let them go, unless they leave the table or are just transferred to a different table:D , that's me though, what about the rest of u's
Concentrate more on your game and these little things won't worry you.

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man, today i was at this rebuy tounament. just to give you an idea of how crazy it was:

12 entrants
141 rebuys
10 add-ons (2x price, one drop out, i didn't pay for it)

there were 2 beyond-donks at our table to accomplish this 12xrebuy / person ratio, and all i did was encourage them and tell them how bad their beats were the whole game, and how nice their wins were then they actually got them (before they lost it all again). this built up my chips from 3k to 35k by the break on only $8 invested, got them playing more hands etc etc.

always compliment the donks, or say nothing. w/o them online poker would be close to worthless imo ;)

cool thing was that i won ;)

smokin-aces

smokin-aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when im really steamed i compliment the horrible play, i find it keeps them thinking their playing a good game, ("more chips + someone commenting me = my play must have been good, ill do the same thing next time"), good to get this programmed into the fish brains :D

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the big thing to keep in mind as well, i think, is that when you vent in the chat box three things happen (or lack thereof):

- people think your the real idiot
- no one cares
- you get even more pissed off

when you compliment someone, it almost is soothing i find, and any pro player out there will respect you as well because they know exactly what you are doing.

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who plays FT knows that IWEARGOGGLES is not exactly a donk, but check this out:

full tilt poker Game #6528854846: $30,000 Guarantee (48777241), Table 9 - 1200/2400 Ante 300 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:25:30 ET - 2008/05/23
Seat 1: IWEARGOGGLES (57,989)
Seat 2: WlkRambo (105,349)
Seat 4: cuzitsdelicious (90,193)
Seat 5: DrextheTex67 (76,562)
IWEARGOGGLES antes 300
WlkRambo antes 300
cuzitsdelicious antes 300
DrextheTex67 antes 300
IWEARGOGGLES posts the small blind of 1,200
WlkRambo posts the big blind of 2,400
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
cuzitsdelicious folds
DrextheTex67 raises to 6,666
IWEARGOGGLES has 15 seconds left to act
IWEARGOGGLES raises to 57,689, and is all in
WlkRambo folds
DrextheTex67 calls 51,023
IWEARGOGGLES shows [Ks Th]
DrextheTex67 shows [Ad Ac]
*** FLOP *** [Qs 8s 9h]
*** TURN *** [Qs 8s 9h] [Jd]
*** RIVER *** [Qs 8s 9h Jd] [5s]
IWEARGOGGLES shows a straight, King high
DrextheTex67 shows a pair of Aces
IWEARGOGGLES wins the pot (118,978) with a straight, King high
DrextheTex67: retard
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 118,978 | Rake 0
Board: [Qs 8s 9h Jd 5s]
Seat 1: IWEARGOGGLES (small blind) showed [Ks Th] and won (118,978) with a straight, King high
Seat 2: WlkRambo (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: cuzitsdelicious folded before the Flop
Seat 5: DrextheTex67 (button) showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces

Why go all in there? wouldn't 15K have achieved the same thing? And a few hands later:

Full Tilt poker game #6528872908: $30,000 Guarantee (48777241), Table 9 - 1200/2400 Ante 300 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:28:25 ET - 2008/05/23
Seat 1: IWEARGOGGLES (148,478)
Seat 2: WlkRambo (105,949)
Seat 4: cuzitsdelicious (57,393)
Seat 5: DrextheTex67 (18,273)
IWEARGOGGLES antes 300
WlkRambo antes 300
cuzitsdelicious antes 300
DrextheTex67 antes 300
cuzitsdelicious posts the small blind of 1,200
DrextheTex67 posts the big blind of 2,400
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
IWEARGOGGLES raises to 7,200
WlkRambo folds
cuzitsdelicious folds
DrextheTex67 raises to 17,973, and is all in
IWEARGOGGLES calls 10,773
DrextheTex67 shows [Ks Kc]
IWEARGOGGLES shows [Ad 6s]
*** FLOP *** [5h Ah Ts]
*** TURN *** [5h Ah Ts] [Kd]
*** RIVER *** [5h Ah Ts Kd] [4c]
DrextheTex67 shows three of a kind, Kings
IWEARGOGGLES shows a pair of Aces
DrextheTex67 wins the pot (38,346) with three of a kind, Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 38,346 | Rake 0
Board: [5h Ah Ts Kd 4c]
Seat 1: IWEARGOGGLES showed [Ad 6s] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: WlkRambo (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: cuzitsdelicious (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: DrextheTex67 (big blind) showed [Ks Kc] and won (38,346) with three of a kind, Kings

Well, there was no donkishness in this one.

S

strims

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So tell me when you suck out do you yell at yourself? People who call people donkeys only give info about themselves. Show there weaknesses. You think you are really that good? WHat makes you think you dont make donkey moves? There is a table for you at the Bellagio if you dont think you do. THeres weak players and strong players. Poker is about making mistakes and trying to contain those mistakes. I dont care if people "donk" out on me. I chose this game. Let them come. I can just try to play the best I can. And good luck to you.

Wise words Kahuna. I like to think I'm a reasonable player, but I know I'm more than capable of making an ill-judged move. I console myself with the fact that I'm in good company. I remember watching an interview with Doyle Brunson talking about when he, Amarillo Slim and the other one (was it Puggy Pearson?) went to Vegas for the first time after touring the country taking everybody's money off them. They got their backsides spanked and skulked off with their tails between their legs. If screwing up is good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

To my mind, if you sound off at someone who's sucked out on you, they may be the donk on the table, but you're the donk off it. It's poker, you chose it, that's what goes on, get over it. Phil Hellmuth has a lot to answer for.

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you strims. I think it was Sailor Roberts.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep my mouth shut when a donk takes buyin after buyin off me, but sometimes I just cant help myself. Plus, it makes me feel a lot better when I insult a donk.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep my mouth shut when a donk takes buyin after buyin off me, but sometimes I just cant help myself. Plus, it makes me feel a lot better when I insult a donk.
LOL. What amazes me is that it doesn't have as much to do with the "mouth" as it actually has to do with the fingers and the brain. The need for a human to take the time to type something quickly in the chatbox so it satisfies their ego just astounds me (I used to have the problem myself). It's almost like a drug. The blood gets pounding, the emotions flow, and the only way for many people to feel better is to type some insults. Kinda like Road Rage. The only way to cure this phenomenon is for the person to get a grip on their tilt.

That reminds me of another blog article I wrote over a year ago when I still had my problem:

Stick's Poker Blog: ...And I'm a Name-Caller-Aholic

ByteMe

ByteMe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great blogs MrSticker! :) As for me, I tend to just keep quiet for the most part and sit back and bide my time...the tables do tend to turn on those wild bomb type players lol.