Do People Really Build Bankrolls With $50 -$100

jh1spartanfan

jh1spartanfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key is patience. As you can see many people have done it, I myself went from 0 to around $700. Sure in the beginning it's frustrating, but if you work hard enough at it you can become good and maybe make some money playing. However, to think you're going to be a pro poker player and wanting to make a living off of poker is not the way to start. Start off playing for fun, if you start getting good, then you could maybe re-evaluate. Either way don't quit your day job.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play for fun and a hobby, so when i win it's a wonderful

surprise. i hope you find what makes you happy with your game. but like everyone said it takes alot of work and time.
i've been away for a couple of weeks and i feel like i lost my edge, because even for me with playing for fun and a hobby it takes a lot of work and time.

good luck on the felt. :party:

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sarted with 2 bucks I won from a Full Tilt freeroll and I now have about 5k after almost 2 years. With proper BRM and a little bit of study, it's perfectly possible!

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not patient enough for large Mtts and micro Stts don't seem to be rewarding enough I'd try a mix:

The 2.25$ 27man NLHE Sngs on FT (turbo or non turbo) pay 5 places, first getting 21.xx$ (9 buy-ins) and take about an hour until HU (1.5h non turbo).

And I've seen graf in the $2.25/27's when -5 GMT playing time overlaps GMT playing time :D

I've played over 300 of these with a fairly consistent 10% ROI...so yeah, I won a whopping $66 bucks from $660 worth of buyins...but I've also clear another $42 in bonus bucks from a $60 deposit I made after donking away the $60 I had won in CC freerolls before getting serious about it..so I guess I could actually be here with CC Freeroll $$ alone.

F_the_W

F_the_W

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it`s possible, but u need a little bit luck and its not that easy!!! ~~~

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And I've seen graf in the $2.25/27's when -5 GMT playing time overlaps GMT playing time :D

I've played over 300 of these with a fairly consistent 10% ROI...so yeah, I won a whopping $66 bucks from $660 worth of buyins...but I've also clear another $42 in bonus bucks from a $60 deposit I made after donking away the $60 I had won in CC Freerolls before getting serious about it..so I guess I could actually be here with CC Freeroll $$ alone.

Yeah Pete - I even happend to turn a STRF after flopping the K-high flush in that game - and it got paid off, too. :)

My ROI in these is about 25% over 200 played - so I'm a luckbox ;) .

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only read the title, but without trying to sound boastful, I turned a $100 deposit into over $4M over the past 6 years. It is definitely possible and I personally know many who have done it. That being said, there are 40 million accounts just on poker stars alone and there are probably less than 500 people who have turned it into over a million dollars so it is definitely extremely rare.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only read the title, but without trying to sound boastful, I turned a $100 deposit into over $4M over the past 6 years. It is definitely possible and I personally know many who have done it. That being said, there are 40 million accounts just on Poker Stars alone and there are probably less than 500 people who have turned it into over a million dollars so it is definitely extremely rare.

How the **** do you turn 100 into 6 million? Really what did you do, what's the trick behind it? Is it Sorcery, Witch Craft?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only read the title, but without trying to sound boastful, I turned a $100 deposit into over $4M over the past 6 years. It is definitely possible and I personally know many who have done it. That being said, there are 40 million accounts just on Poker Stars alone and there are probably less than 500 people who have turned it into over a million dollars so it is definitely extremely rare.

Hah, I read this at first and thought "this guy has got to be BSing", then realized who it was actually posting :p

(hint to the curious: he's definitely not BSing)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hah, I read this at first and thought "this guy has got to be BSing", then realized who it was actually posting :p

(hint to the curious: he's definitely not BSing)

lol, I seen the name and already realized he wasn't bsing, but I'm still curious how he did it

IveGot0uts

IveGot0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I seen the name and already realized he wasn't bsing, but I'm still curious how he did it

By being a gangster. Seriously, solid BRM, and 8trillion hands a day played in the middle of the road in the dead of winter, even when it's summer outside.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dream the Dream.

Put in the time and learn your way to the top.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Seriously, read his book, "Treat your Poker Like a Business" He tells how he did it. It will really change your outlook on the game. There is a lot more to making serious money at poker than just your skill at the game. You need discipline, work ethic and bankroll management. Dusty has it in spades.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How the **** do you turn 100 into 6 million? Really what did you do, what's the trick behind it? Is it Sorcery, Witch Craft?

Tsk tsk. Such exaggeration. It was only $4m, not $6m...............

We're not worthy Dusty!

noW

noW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to understand some things.
In my opinion in order to build a bankroll you must have a bankroll management that you have to stay with it until the end. NO EXCEPTIONS!
See here its the thing that 90% of the "poor" people do.
They lose 20% of their bankroll and then risk all the 80% left ONLY to win the 20% back... and guess what? You broke the Bankroll management rules and your bankroll is basically done as you will lose once again until you get unlucky and LOSE it all.

SO JUST HAVE A BANKROLL MANAGEMENT AND KEEP IT WITH IT WHATEVER IT HAPPENS. " My golden rule for a bankroll.

dermafx

dermafx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am working on building up from a very very low bankroll. $17. I just treat poker as a hobby at the moment and as long as I can play and end up even I am ok. Keep investing time into your game and continue to learn and keeping even will eventually be profitable.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am working on building up from a very very low bankroll. $17. I just treat poker as a hobby at the moment and as long as I can play and end up even I am ok. Keep investing time into your game and continue to learn and keeping even will eventually be profitable.

Where are you at now after starting with only 17 bucks?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Are you kidding? How does anyone become successful at anything? (pretty sure it's not some 'special secret'.. lots of hard work & discipline comes to mind & I'd also assume one would have some natural potential/ability as well... ie. a dumb shit isn't likely to become a brain surgeon)

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ummm.... read the book. Seriously, his book "Treat Your Poker Like a Business" should be required reading for anyone considering a serious poker career. Don't expect much "play this hand like this..." type of thing, you won't find it. What you will find is much more valuable.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm.... read the book. Seriously, his book "Treat Your Poker Like a Business" should be required reading for anyone considering a serious poker career. Don't expect much "play this hand like this..." type of thing, you won't find it. What you will find is much more valuable.

Is that the best of his books for the frequent online micro-stakes player?

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't yet read any of his other books, but this one is really good. Since it doesn't focus particularly on how to play hands, etc. there is good advice for any level. Its geared to cash games, though.

Basically he covers a lot of topics that will be of interest/concern to someone at any level who wants to one day play poker for a living. Way beyond bankroll management (although it talks about that, too), his book discusses such topics as life management for the serious grinder.

It's one of my favorite poker books. Give it a read, just be aware it's not your typical play/strategy type book.

S

stuedoopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with £25 in december, now have about £1100 and have withdrawn about £400 along the way. This in about 78k hands

1p2p heads up with 250bbs.

Yes its possible

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally started winning freerolls and built it up to over 1k, so yes it can be done!

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its possible...but if you are not patient it will never happen, so i suggest you just quit and find something more suitable for someone with little patience...my grandma likes bingo not sure about the roi on that either though Ill have her crunch her numbers and get back to ya.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management