juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If what you are going through in poker depresses you, it is best to take a break, do not play for a while and when you feel better, try to return with more calm

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even if you play as a hobby, poker can be a trigger for depressio
Being emotionally healthy is one of the success factors for a player.
Dangerous.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have a black streak in the game, you need to stop and think about what your mistakes are, do an analysis and then continue to play. :)

P

PenelopeEllison

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
Dealing with depression can be a real challenge, and I totally get that it's not always easy to follow the advice we see online. You're definitely not alone in this. When it comes to poker, those bad beats can really mess with your mojo, huh? It's frustrating when you're playing carefully and still facing setbacks. But hey, persistence pays off – sometimes, you're just a step away from turning things around. Speaking of which, if intrusive thoughts are a hurdle, I stumbled upon this helpful resource: https://fherehab.com/learning/intrusive-thoughts-management

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If you enjoy playing poker keep on playing.In my experience it is a win win situation just to keep on playing, there is only to alternatives either you win or you learn and get better at playing.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My humble advice is that is you feel bad or something about lossing in poker maybe it's not for you. Even if you are a good player bad streaks will come some longer than others so its not a game for everyone if you want to be a profesional player you have to maintain calm even the worst streaks will pass.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depending on how you play poker, it could make your situation worse. If you see poker as something light and fun, ok, otherwise...

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There are bad and better phase.I used to win money in freerolls,then I risk it payable tournaments.There I lost all of my money in some days. It cause depression for me. Then it eases in 1-2 days. Then I start from the begining all of it.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i get depressed with suckouts, but there is things out of your control u can´t do anything about it have much worse things in the world that should be a real problem tho

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a long break, find other hobbies and start working out. Keep studying the game though. Good luck!

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
unfortunately in the wild and cruel world that is poker, I believe it will never be the place for a depressive.
the emotional influences too much in this sport and it is very tough.
I'd say it would be better to occupy your mind with something lighter until you feel recovered.

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
depression is a pledge of rash actions, you need to concentrate and play without bad emotions

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get depressed when bad cards come for a long period

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I write a lot on various forums about how to deal with depression, but I myself cannot overcome it. ;)

I play in three poker rooms : pokerstars , partypoker, 888 and for the last two weeks of the session more likely negative than vice versa.​

The strangest thing is that I play very carefully but bad beats cannot be avoided. In almost every tournament I get to ITM and something happens.

Am I winding myself up and soon everything will pay off or does something need to be changed? ...

Give advice;)
Well, many users will write to you about variance and distance. And I will! If you think that poker rooms do not treat you fairly, then ask for statistics and analyze it yourself. That's the only tool you have to answer your own question. I don't think you're depressed about bad beats in poker. Look elsewhere. ;)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I write a lot on various forums about how to deal with depression, but I myself cannot overcome it. ;)

I play in three poker rooms : pokerstars , partypoker, 888 and for the last two weeks of the session more likely negative than vice versa.​

The strangest thing is that I play very carefully but bad beats cannot be avoided. In almost every tournament I get to ITM and something happens.

Am I winding myself up and soon everything will pay off or does something need to be changed? ...

Give advice;)
Despite being a post from two years ago, it is worth commenting:
It's always hard to talk about us, but if we can't, we can't advise anyone, because the chance of harming instead of helping is great.
I can't speak for other sports, but poker and the state of mind need to be worked on daily, otherwise it will traumatize your life as a whole.

The first step is to see what you think and your routine attitudes, the ideal is not to think evil or do evil, it is the first and most important step.

If the problem is with the game, you must identify exactly what happens, as it can be strategic, mathematical or psychological.

So it's a high analysis. If you realize that the problem is you, look for a psychologist. If it's the game, study.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is depression and euphoria together.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol You would have to learn situational poker where you understand what CAN happen and is it worth doing.

Like if someone is in a hand, they can say I'm an "xyz" fav against this hand preflop but if you're 10mins from the money and you have a big stack and you decide to mix it up with the ONLY person at your table that can hurt you,. . . then that's on the player for not understanding that situation.

This is basic stuff, Day 2 lol right after learning starting hands. You have have to know things like that for example.

My point is when you start to understand what's going on and don't buyin for some uncomfortable buyin or play out of your boundaries or put pressure on yourself then you shouldn't feel anything. lol

Just play, relax and learn the games.

GL.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think you shouldn't sit down and play when you're depressed, just like when you're tired, because you're in a spiral that poker won't help. Bad decisions will be made non-stop and you will only get deeper (not to mention that your money will also dwindle).
It would be worthwhile to skip a few days and come back when you feel good about sitting down to play.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я много пишу на различных форумах о том, как бороться с депрессией, но сама побороть ее не могу.;)

Играю в трех покер-румах: pokerstars, partypoker, 888 и последние две недели сессии скорее негативные, чем наоборот.​

Самое странное, что я играю очень осторожно, но бэдбитов не избежать. Почти на каждом турнире я попадаю в ITM и что-то происходит.

Я накручиваю себя и скоро все окупится или нужно что-то менять? ...

Дать совет;)
Unfortunately, I didn't read the whole thread to the end, there are a lot of tips and a lot on the topic, but I would like to add on my own: you need someone close by who will help, distract and support you: it's still a friend or someone close. It's hard to fight depression alone! Good luck and don't lose heart!

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker should be fun. And when you're having fun, there's no time for depression.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Я много пишу на различных форумах о том, как бороться с депрессией, но сама побороть ее не могу.;)

Играю в трех покер-румах: pokerstars, partypoker, 888 и последние две недели сессии скорее негативные, чем наоборот.​

Самое странное, что я играю очень осторожно, но бэдбитов не избежать. Почти на каждом турнире я попадаю в ITM и что-то происходит.

Я накручиваю себя и скоро все окупится или нужно что-то менять? ...

Дать совет;)
You need to improve your batbeat game and close your eyes. They have always been, are and will be.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
know your goals and just stick to it

if you can't handle loses, then poker is not for you

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
How many times have I read here about depression from poker. It's amazing, how many masochists there are in poker, who volunteer to do things that make them depressed. I can't understand it.:)