Decide to stop?

Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good!! when do you decide to stop playing poker when you come from a few days of pure defeats?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop if I lose all day during a game session in tournaments on premium cards.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If, nevertheless, excitement affects your game adversely: you are constantly trying to win back and get involved in incomprehensible banks in the hope of winning everything in a row, then you should pause the game and comprehend what is happening. If you can’t cope with this illness yourself, then you can call for help from relatives who will watch your game and money from the side. If it turns out that you are a gambler, change your attitude to the game. Imagine that every action you take, be it a check, a bet or a raise, is an investment, and you always need to understand how it is justified. Don't forget that in poker it's impossible to win every hand, so you always have to finish on time. As they say, pass - saved the bankroll!

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2 or 3 hours a day, if I have had 2 bad days, at least I rest 1 full day. I take a breath, I go for a walk, I play soccer. I try to do anything that has nothing to do with poker. and then I return with better feelings to play. :D:D

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
A week of a downswing will make me take a couple of weeks off.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'm not taking a break. I'm already used to the fact that there are ups and downs in poker and there's no getting away from variance.
If in the long term you know that you will earn anyway, then do not worry about temporary fluctuations.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After defeat, victory will come. No stops. Only forward. )))

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Downswing does make me think of stopping poker..

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't stop. And I want to play, and I want money)))

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From time to time I take breaks. I play for fun, however, I am disciplined about my risk system, bankroll management. The breaks I take are not related to losses. Although in general, I am absolutely convinced that a break is the best way to save money and nerves.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always stop and take a break if I realize that luck is not on my side. After a break I always have better results.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play cash game and if its not good day for me and finnish my day with tournament.......i play about 3 or 4 hour on each night and more if i dont have to go work but that depend of my luck

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the defeat is constant and greater than the profits, it is better to reduce the frequency of participation in poker games. But non-stop.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good!! when do you decide to stop playing poker when you come from a few days of pure defeats?

I don't believe in "stopping", but seeing if I'm becoming predictable and seeing what's happening. If I'm on tilti for example.

But quitting is not an option these days.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take a long break if I feel very upset when I have a downswing or realise my strategy doesn't work. It's better to relax and review whether there are any problems.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never stop, you have to be more resilient.

Poker is variance, so is life.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop when the 20th bad beat makes me laugh.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play when you're feeling better/normal

No one is forcing you to play so stopping playing poker is a wise move to make especially if you're feeling tilted or feeling down for a variety of reasons. You could also study, analyse your past plays in the meantime.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Now I should say stop because for 2 weeks I haven't done anything even with premium pairs, I feel like nerves !!!!

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should stop when I die .only

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think everyone can do well from time to time, but I haven't really thought about quitting poker completely. I like playing poker, but you never know what can happen in the future and how it will affect my poker experience. But that's in the future and I live in the here and now and that's why I keep playing until I just don't feel like it anymore.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

It's happened to me, of going a few days without earning anything, when that happens the best thing to do is take a break. I like to refresh my memory by doing another activity, and then I go back to playing. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

W

Weslleyjdr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and a ferris wheel, friend

:cool:

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play casual poker, so i am not making my living from it.
That's why i don't think of quitting alltogether... maybe sometimes if i hit a couple of bad beats in a row, i quit playing for 1-2-3 days and that's all for now...