hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It never crossed my mind, the option of giving up, I make an analysis of my defeat, or mistakes made, and I move on to the next tournament or the next day

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's normal to want to stop after hard defeats.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I take a break from anything if the enjoyment isn't there, which for me is the case with bad defeats in poker. Too many bad defeats and I need a break. Usually a few days, find something else to do that makes me happy (paint, read, get outdoors, etc.), then play some poker again.

V

volkzord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I start to make stupid decisions, by angry or anything else, I take a break.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when I see it's not a good day for me I just stop to play poker for that day and come back in the next day. If the losing streak last for days and I really still want to play poker, I only play freerolls for 1-2 days, cause at least I don't lose money.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually pauses are very usefull, hardwork is also good, but in my opinion - some balance have to be at all what we are doing, including poker too)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
How many times did I promise to stop, and then I'm there at the tables over and over everytime when I am able...
Never decide to stop, just try to think positively.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I try to take a break if I am frustrated by several bad beats and unlucky situations. Usually it helps to relax and to get a fresh mind.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nowadays I can see I was so addicted to play poker.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break for a couple of weeks does the trick.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose all my money I stop playing, many times I lose because of playing big tournaments or playing drunk.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont stop just low game

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all it`s a game, it`s suppose to be entertainment, so if you`re not achieve satisfaction from this, maybe need to make pause for some time.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Losing is always unpleasant, but it's part of the game. I lost 7 buy-ins in a cash game yesterday. Now I plan to take a break from poker for a couple of days.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes I hit an unlucky streak where I get extremely weak hands all day, especially hand like AA and KK pre-flop ends up being a losing hand at showdown. That's when I know today is just not my day. I usually would try again within the next few days to check if the bad streak is over :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good!! when do you decide to stop playing poker when you come from a few days of pure defeats?

On April 1st of this year I stopped playing. Why, many things but its good to take a break. Having only played 4 games since that day I now feel better about poker and life in general. If your struggling and down in the game taking some time to take a break from the game and doing something else is good. After a few days you can review what happened and study the game for a bit while not playing. While you don't need to take a month+ off like me for the most part, working on my game, Finding my mistakes from the games I had the downturn on and just sleeping more and seeing a move or 2 and spending more time with my kids has gotten me to this point, I am hungry to play again, feeling better and happy. Take a few days off or more and the value you will get from it will be worth it.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stopped playing once after losing a big amount, but I started playing again and this time I have a deposit limit and I can't lose much.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how much you can take morally speaking. For some people just a few hours on tilt makes them deviate from their best game. Others tend to be stronger and stick to their guns. But in general best advice is whenever you feel unlucky pesimistic is to take as much time as you need for a break to recharge your batteries and state of spirit

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I consider myself that player, but I'm working on it. When I win freerolls, I start playing buy-in tournaments, hoping that I will be as lucky as in the freeroll, that I will spend far in the tournament and win a significant amount of money. I am left without a bankroll, and sometimes I take a deposit to play in any tournament and still lose. When I write a message, it means that I admit my mistakes and try to correct them.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play mainly on the weekends and if there is a desire, the rest I just relax.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I don't think so, it's part of this game to get used to variance and with the amount of money I manage to accumulate I give myself the opportunity to play other things, to try to keep winning and it goes well for me, really, if I get more time to play quietly , I will be able to accumulate enough money to raise a good level of bets.