Crypto Currency Poll - Question #1

Have you bought/sold/traded any form of cryptocurrency in the past 12 months?

• Total voters
mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I haven't tried it yet but I'm already thinking about whether I'll give it a try. But I haven't really found out about it yet in order to have a really clear picture of it.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
No, I didn't trade any form of cryptocurrency in the past Twelve months

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'd imagine crypto currency is as weird (for me) as horce racing since i havent't dived into that kind of world (yet) - therefore answer to the poll (which sucks for not having OT options) is no ...

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Unfortunately I did, not going so well, but will.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I invest in cryptocurrency. Such as bitcoin, bnb, Solana and others.

Apart from investing, I sometimes use crypto for payments.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think cryptocurrencies are another kind of exchange way, but the control of them is not clear, and so they must excist with the simple currencies.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have cryptocurrencies and I usually trade them on Binance. I don't have the financial conditions to take this kind of risk, but with the pandemic, I started playing Poker and I came across CardsChat that gave me the opportunity to improve my game a lot until I started to make money. As it was extra money, I invested my first 300 dollars earned from Poker in cryptocurrencies. In about 5 months this money jumped to approximately 700 dollars. However, I took this money to assemble a team in another game: Axie Infinity. And since then I've been playing this new game which is also linked to crypto to recoup the investment.
As a poker player, I think cryptocurrency is a great option, given the ease of transfer in withdrawals and deposits, in addition to the low cost of doing so. However, the player needs to understand the market if he wants to invest. If you just want to withdraw, just use a broker to convert the amounts back to dollars or another currency in your country and request the transfer. I have experience in withdrawing cryptocurrencies at ACR and I can say that it is very fast and cheap to withdraw your poker winnings this way.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven’t tried it yet, but based on the news, it’s not that reliable because of the fluctuation.
You see, this market is different from the others because it is about new technologies and still in development. Think of it this way: Technology in general is always moving forward. Therefore, as blockchain and cryptocurrencies develop, they will be increasingly essential in everyday life. In my country there is a saying: ox that arrives first, drink clean water. There's no way we can go back to paper money. Our children won't know what a bank check is. The credit card the way we use it will one day go into disuse. I think encryption is the next step. So if you have the opportunity to get acquainted with it now, all the better for you. Another saying in my country is: Better late than later! Anyone who bought bitcoin 10 years ago and didn't sell it can retire today. Who knows if those who invest in crypto today will be able to do the same in 2030. However, it is a complex market. I do not recommend investing without a good dose of study or support from those who already know the subject.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am partaking in the surveys, but only because I have a bit of time. I am not interested in crypto and have never been. The reason for this is, that I have no money I can "play" with. Poker is as risky as I will get.

But I guess since the questions all have an answer for people like me (not crypto buyers) that I can also partake in the survey.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
After a negative experience, I try to get rid of cryptocurrency quickly.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Word to the wise. Keep good Crypto records.

If you are trading Crypto these are systems of accounting. Everytransaction has a trail and the US tax law is treating each exchange of crypto as a trade. So you have to keep detailed records to calculate the tax consequence of each trade.

Creepy uncle Joe is building up the IRS for a reason, and that reason is you.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I have bought and exchanged cryptos since in my country there are many economic and political problems, crypto represents for me a way to save money and withdraw in poker rooms since in my country electronic wallets such as skrill or neteller stopped working

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I collect free bitcoin, then I buy tokens at a lower price, I sell them at a higher price. Thus, I increase the accumulation of bitcoin. But until I cashed out bitcoin, free accumulation is long. And it doesn't take time at all so I use it.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Word to the wise. Keep good Crypto records.

If you are trading Crypto these are systems of accounting. Everytransaction has a trail and the US tax law is treating each exchange of crypto as a trade. So you have to keep detailed records to calculate the tax consequence of each trade.

This is only a concern for criminals who cheat on their taxes. For all law-abiding Americans, this is a good thing.

(Of course this would require the consent of Congress, so the notion that Biden has the power to increase agency budgets without Congressional approval is complete nonsense. The President submits a budget request to Congress, Congress then creates and approves the actual budget, then it is sent to the President who may sign it or veto it.)

Last edited:
finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been receiving payments in crypto since price of one Bitcoin was less than 1dollar. It would be nice to forget about few bitcoins in the wallet for several years... but I've been using it frequently.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no. I have never owned any bitcoin.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I remember my brother in law bringing up bitcoin in the early days. I think it was $650 for a bitcoin. I thought about putting a few buck into it then, but didn't. At this point I wouldn't even consider it as an investment.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never bought sold or traded any crypto currency. With stocks or bonds, I understand the basis for the fluctuation in value, with crypto currency, I have no clue.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have never bought or traded in Crypto. I thought about it but honestly just seemed to shady for me. I actually would not be surprised in the goverment one day just shut it down.