Could you play professional or recreational poker?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely think I can play as a professional, what I lack for that are two things. mastering english and mainly money to enter tournaments.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any professional in any area is just a slave.
but you can really be a professional Joca!:)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I dont thinkknowing english makes much difference at poker!

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely think I can play as a professional, what I lack for that are two things. mastering english and mainly money to enter tournaments.
You don't need to know english, just a few words from sign language. And why tf would you need money nowadays?

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck if you do choose to pursue poker as a profession! Personally I would recommend having a career outside of poker before choosing something as high variance as poker for a living. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, if you're good enough to play professionally you'll inevitably make enough money playing to be professional, and if you can't it's probably a sign you shouldn't!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To become a professional, the first thing would be to master my banking. once this is achieved the sky is the limit

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that in order to become a professional player, one desire and skills are not enough, a decent bankroll is required.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A bankroll is really needed, which cannot be said about knowledge of English. Now is the time that the language barrier is not a big problem

A

Aivaronis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Semi profesional, but one day..

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because is my hobby! I love this game and I enjoy it 😀 I have other work. Currently poker is only my hobby 🙂

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is possible, you are starting with a good way of thinking!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you have talent, you don't need money or English.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck to you! With me it is for sure just a hobby

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you is a good player, changing a normal life into a regular poker player it's a naturally thing

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depend all the time in the table you are or the tournament you are......and the player play on your table.....

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hobby, no time to try professional.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hobby. Going forward for those who know how to turn professional.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me my poker game is a hobby, I say this because if I played like a pro then it would mean that I make enough money to not have a job, there is still a long way to go, I still hope to qualify for a major tournament , if I get there then I could say that I play pro

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think i could start playing more seriously, but time and other things don't allow it, although it would be nice to

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if you want to become a professional player no matter what language you speak, the main thing is to be able to play cool, and if you play great, you will find the money to participate in the tournament I think these 2 factors should not prevent you from becoming a professional player, you just don't have enough poker training and you will certainly become a professional player I believe in it, my friend

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I'm just playing it as a hobby, but I'm trying to be professional about the game.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What I can say for sure is that you don't need to know English to become a professional. But mastering the science of poker is definitely a must.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how much English you really need : Check, Fold, Raise and the numbers should just about cover it.