Could you fully give your life to the game of poker?

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker is just game.....i have familly who pass before.....but my girlfriend know that i have time each or i take for playong poker......but if i dont happen its ok too

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it would be a very boring life.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I had the skills I would play professionally full time. As a matter of fact, I'm working toward that. Not there yet. I don't mind playing 40+ hours a week though, and can do so without burning out. There's so much going on with NLHE and so many factors to think about that it's hard to imagine it getting boring. I mean folding forever when you're card dead is a little boring, but that doesn't last all that long usually.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think that would be the best thing that could happen to me because i love the game so much i could do it every day

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I only lived off poker for years. It is very mentally stressful in the long run.
If you can't handle this, you can burn out quickly.
Also, if your livelihood depends on this, you will have to study hard, analyze, follow strategies that change almost every month, and so on.
This will take a lot of extra time.
If you don’t have adequate financial security behind you, it’s even more stressful mentally.

So I don’t want to just play poker anymore, just a lot of fun.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, there are many people who dedicate themselves completely and solely to playing poker as professional players and where they earn relatively well, if they have sponsors they are already financially resolved and will be able to play more relaxed, for example I don't think so and I want to reach that goal, that the game is sometimes very stressful and you can win a lot or lose everything you have, if you want to reach that extreme I wish you all the luck possible.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's too much for me, but for sure there are people who live only by playing poker

certainly! I already do that! I just need to be more consistent and improve every day. Hoping to someday enter the market effectively.:)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's too much for me, but for sure there are people who live only by playing poker

Poker for me is just a hobby, currently I've only played freerolls, and I'm happy when I can win a few bucks, just to keep playing. I have no interest in becoming a professional, at my age my memory doesn't help much. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's very complicated

Honestly, the decision to dedicate my life completely to poker is something very complicated because you have to have a very good level to be able to make a profit, I am currently mixing my current job with poker, in my free time I play cash tables and I am taking a poker course for now I am in no limit 2 but I hope one day to make the leap to higher levels

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
life is a game, and poker is just another game to play.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Dedicating your life is kind of radical but I've been trying for a while to make poker my profession and live only from poker, but I admit there are a lot of steps missing

"Not always winning. Not always losing, but... Always playing!"

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dedicating your life is kind of radical but I've been trying for a while to make poker my profession and live only from poker, but I admit there are a lot of steps missing

"Not always winning. Not always losing, but... Always playing!"

as Rita Lee would say!
:)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
By the time I discovered poker I already knew that I was unwilling to spend my adult life working indoors.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nope, by the time I discovered poker I already knew that working outdoors & pretty much on my own was what I wanted.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does that even mean?
Give your life to Christ our savior who died for our sins this Easter
Poker is just a game.

C

chako_pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could do it, however i think im way better off doing it for fun, i dont think im disciplined enough to actually do it for my whole life and enjoy it.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nah, i like it, but not enough to dedicate my life to it

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker it`s just a game, no matter how good you are, poker gives more problems either benefits.

miguel198433

miguel198433

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I could give my life completely if I see it as a side job that I love poker

it is more I would like to work for pokerstar one day dreaming does not cost anything

Last edited by a moderator:
krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is just a hobby and fun to relieve the stress of everyday life. I don't imagine it as a way of life. I don't feel like it's my calling. I enjoy the game in my free time!

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what bankroll iam sitting at. If i have 30million$ like fedor holz i probably will visit several countrys and cities and play some tournaments but more like as a hobby. But i wouldnt like to be a full time pro because it can isolate alot and make lonely.

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot, but there is life outside poker...

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

If it was good enough I would. But I'm far from it haha ​​it's a dream that I would like to be able to fulfill one day.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Currently it would be very difficult to give your life or live exclusively from POKER or for POKER, I have my professional and personal activities, and sometimes I play for 12 hours straight

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, I could and considering what else I do then I pretty much do this full time. I am retired and financially secure so I don't have those worries. My wife plays also and she introduced me to the game when I retired about 6 months after we met. I enjoy studying the game and watching Youtube videos of pros reviewing hands and critiquing the play and all the nuances involved. I enjoy taking interactive quizzes. In total, I enjoy all the aspects of poker, except drunken sphincters ruining the table with their crap.

Jim:):):)

Top 10 Games