Children and teenagers playing poker

Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In fact, children betting money is not acceptable, parents have a responsibility to prevent their children from developing bad habits

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont think is a good idea have to be in a good environment and controlled they are still kids

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Children should not be allowed to play poker because many countries prohibit children under 18+.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Can't quite make my mind up on this one!

It could be great for teaching mathematics, game theory, concentration, patience, decision-making etc.

On the other hand, while there's obvious free options, poker mostly exists for gambling purposes. With my sensible head on, I don't know if would be a great idea to lead a kid towards gambling. Not as a kid, I wouldn't want them gambling then, but for the future. Do we want to encourage our children to go on to be gamblers as adults?

Having said that I gamble sensibly, most of us do. It's not a problem for us. I actually did gamble as a child too. From around the age of 12 I'd bet on horses with my grandmother, watching them on tv and sending my dad out to the betting shop to place our bets. It's not done me any harm in terms having having problems with gambling.

I know some people came to poker from other card games like Magic: The Gathering. I don't know that game but assume there's at least some transferable skills and that you could learn some of the same types of lesson. Maybe that would be better for kids?

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
no don't allow to play them poker early because poker easily addictive with young people and lot of time consume.playing poker can earn easily money compare to job.that cause for lost for interesting for doing job.if them gone a mature let to play poker

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Let them bet on the chores of the house.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is that the ban will only worsen the situation, the children just need to communicate, or they can play mother’s daughter for money

letfmg

letfmg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Poker its a good game to teach kids how thinks works

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
While poker can be a fun and strategic game for adults, it's generally not recommended for children and teenagers. Gambling activities are often regulated to protect minors from potential harm. It's important to encourage age-appropriate games and activities that promote skill development and social interaction.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What are your thoughts about children and tennagers who want to play poker? We should let them play or not?
Well, this may be the other side of a worn-out coin but there are a lot of other things that kids can get into that are way more detrimental to a young mind besides poker... I mean when you think about it, right? :unsure:
Human trafficking, selling/using Heroin, dogfighting, politics... the list goes on. I'll take kids playing cards any day. :)

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Что вы думаете о детях и теннисистах, которые хотят играть в покер? Мы должны позволить им играть или нет?
This is their right.