pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course.. poker it îs a game... But i agree to let the kids only with condition to have no stake, no money to earn

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Under no circumstances should children be allowed to play cards. But this is just my opinion. Basically, most poker players believe that their children should decide for themselves whether to play poker or not.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have played card games of all kinds since I was a child.... a game is a game whether it's played with cards or a football. I see no issue with anyone playing cards. The issue is the wagering of money which all children including teenagers are not qualified to do👎

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can be like any other game like rummy or bridge but the danger can be if they were to play for money.

I think it may be a problem if you start to introduce money in the game then it could be dangerous.

As we all know money management for teenagers and children is not always great at the best of times and could potentially cause harm.

Think about how many people of legal age have got into problems caused by gaming for real money.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
What are your thoughts about children and tennagers who want to play poker? We should let them play or not?
I think parents can encourage them if they seem to have a serious interest in the game.

But playmoney ONLY. You go play with real money when you're an adult kiddo

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I come from a different time. We played poker for cash at a very young age. Times are different though, we didn't have computers and internet. We played for cash at special family gatherings. Nevertheless we used to lose our money!

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As long as they are playing for fun, it's a card game like any other!
I agree with you!

Of course.. poker it îs a game... But i agree to let the kids only with condition to have no stake, no money to earn
Exactly, is okey to play but not with money involve

Under no circumstances should children be allowed to play cards. But this is just my opinion. Basically, most poker players believe that their children should decide for themselves whether to play poker or not.
Thanks for your answers, is valid and I respect it.

I have played card games of all kinds since I was a child.... a game is a game whether it's played with cards or a football. I see no issue with anyone playing cards. The issue is the wagering of money which all children including teenagers are not qualified to do👎

Right, I also play cards since I am I child, of course course the problem may be if they start gambling money they don't have.

It can be like any other game like rummy or bridge but the danger can be if they were to play for money.

I think it may be a problem if you start to introduce money in the game then it could be dangerous.

As we all know money management for teenagers and children is not always great at the best of times and could potentially cause harm.

Think about how many people of legal age have got into problems caused by gaming for real money.
Totally agree with you, the problem start if they gambling money they don't have.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think parents can encourage them if they seem to have a serious interest in the game.

But playmoney ONLY. You go play with real money when you're an adult kiddo
Exactly, only play recreational, for fun.

I come from a different time. We played poker for cash at a very young age. Times are different though, we didn't have computers and internet. We played for cash at special family gatherings. Nevertheless we used to lose our money!
Different times for sure, I also used to play with my cousin, and used to make some bets too.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are your thoughts about children and tennagers who want to play poker? We should let them play or not?
In my opinion, poker is a sport. You can play sports even from the age of three. But at the same time, poker is also a game of chance, and we all know that you can only gamble when you are 18 years old. Personally, I would be against my children gambling, at least until their 18th birthday.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my opinion, poker is a sport. You can play sports even from the age of three. But at the same time, poker is also a game of chance, and we all know that you can only gamble when you are 18 years old. Personally, I would be against my children gambling, at least until their 18th birthday.
Exactly is like any other game, I may let them gambling but they one money, but only playing with family or friends.

I agree when they are of legal age for such a thing
When they are legal they can do "whatever they want". I agree with you.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see any problem. Poker is not a drug.

All you need to do is make them aware of everything that involves any type of game and especially a game that is worth money.

If the child or teenager is well oriented on all these important issues, they can have fun without any problems.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Children and teenagers playing poker for fun and without involving money is a good way to exercise their mind strategically. But great care is needed to ensure that the minds of little ones are not corrupted and lead them to become addicted to the game of poker. Just like a game of chess, which is highly strategic, I consider that children and teenagers can play poker without any problems.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't see any problem. Poker is not a drug.

All you need to do is make them aware of everything that involves any type of game and especially a game that is worth money.

If the child or teenager is well oriented on all these important issues, they can have fun without any problems.
Very good answer, I totally agree with you.

Children and teenagers playing poker for fun and without involving money is a good way to exercise their mind strategically. But great care is needed to ensure that the minds of little ones are not corrupted and lead them to become addicted to the game of poker. Just like a game of chess, which is highly strategic, I consider that children and teenagers can play poker without any problems.
Exactly, is not a problem, is actually good to exercise their minds strategically, the problem is if they became addict to gambling.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My kids know ad play poker. We play for the fun of the game and not for money, Its a good game to teach them. My kids learned a lot of basic math skill learning this game .

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Out of eight grandsons and granddaughters, 2 granddaughters wanted to learn and 1 grandson, I taught normally, none of them continued to play, I learned to play poker when I was 13 or 15 years old, I don't see any harm

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Boys are still more inclined to play poker than girls. However, in no case should you think that now I’ll come to poker and earn money. This can only be done if you work at it very, very diligently, spending a lot of time and effort. And there are no guarantees that it will pay off.
It seems to me that it is very important precisely at the moments when the child shows his interest, then it is necessary to develop interest, precisely at these moments.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it is important to teach teenagers and children the Value of money and how it needs to be respected, How to avoid becoming addicted to any form of Gambling, whether it is Poker, blackjack, or anything else that may come their way.
Being responsible for their own Money no matter how much pocket money they get, and the perils of losing it, There is no point beating them in a game of Blackjack, and then giving them the money back that they lose, By all means return it, but make them work for it, even if it means Making their beds or washing a few Pots and Pans etc.
Teaching them that if they lose money gambling, it is not that easy to get back, is a more positive approach than taking all their Sweetie Money and giving it back without a cost, is giving out the wrong message. Gambling can be Fun, but teach them the risk's and negatives along with the Fun part.
I taught my Daughter how to play Blackjack before she went to Kindergarten, not so she could gamble but it taught her how to count from a very early age, and when she got older and started going out to Parties with her friends, if she got into a friendly game of cards, she knew what to expect and knew enough about the game to beat her opponents.
She is now in her Forties and still can feel comfortable gambling for fun!

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They could play no money games. I played for game chips as a child for no money with friends and cousins. I think it does help to develop game strategy in the younger mind.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
As long as they are playing for fun and if they show interest, I think there's a lot of value to it;

-Gambling Control - Teaching poker young and how to look at bets will help them to not have a gambling problem in the future. It will also keep them away from sucker bets like slots, or at least they will understand that they are just donating money for a little fun.

-Risk Assessment - Everywhere in life you need to assess risk vs reward of your choices. Knowing how to estimate equity of a situation can really come in handy even when it doesn't involve money.

-Emotional Control - Experience getting wrecked by bad luck at the table can really teach you how to keep your cool and look at the bigger picture.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
this is a game for mature people, they shouldn't play. In the best of the cases, they should only do it with play money, not even freerolls.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It is important to adhere to legal regulations regarding gambling, especially when it comes to children and adolescents. Playing poker can have potential educational benefits, such as developing mathematical skills, logical thinking, and emotional control. However, there is a risk of addiction, especially in young people, which can lead to problems in the future. If parents decide to allow their children to play poker, it is important to provide proper supervision, discuss potential risks with them, and establish clear boundaries. Encouraging children to engage in diverse activities that do not involve gambling is also valuable to support their overall development.
Effective bankroll management involves setting limits on the amount of money you are willing to risk during a gaming session. This limits potential losses to an acceptable level and protects against making impulsive decisions in the heat of the moment. In everyday life, adept financial management is also crucial. This includes conscious budget planning, saving for specific goals, and prudent investing. These skills are important for healthy financial functioning in various areas of life, not just in the context of gambling. Teaching children and adolescents healthy financial habits can influence their future approach to money management.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Is there any kind of poker certofication?
It's the first time I hear that you can be poker certified.