Chips
I sometimes use chat to learn more about the players

M

Matosko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat shall get off-focus your oponents, but exactly for this it is dangerous also for you. So if you do not have perfect discipline, better do not chat. :)

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Swear words do not pay attention.
Answer for an approving phrase.
Communicate mainly at the final table.

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid talking at all costs the only time I do is when someone calls my 3 bet then flop raises all in when I am sitting there staring at AAA77 on the flop just for them to only have pocket 2's sometimes I wonder so I rag on them joys of re-buy tournaments

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to chat with people from other countries, but I do not like to swear them as do the Russians :)). Especially when there's people of my country I really like to talk with them :D

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand how players can play hours and hours without talking. I have to talk. If I don't talk, the game isn't really that enjoyable for me. Talking helps poker feel like less work.

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The purpose of chat is to make the opponent angry. It distracts my attention and I can't play relaxed. I don't like to use chat and I don't answer on other players polling.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm drunk and not even trying to understand what you write in the chat. My level of English allows to communicate only sober )

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's Friday night at a 50c table why doesn't anyone want to chat? It should be a fun game.....damn no one wants talk.....kinda sad for me and everyone else.

Scotch talking?
Haha)nice idea!!!I like scotch talk espesially when play on 888 pokercams events)))a lot of joy and fun..m

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat little. Mostly there are few players who want to chat. Often it is limited to NH VNH TY GG ...
But once a month I have a good chat with someone.

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker, the small talk at the table is rather played, if it takes place at all. I myself do not chat or very little. I prefer the rather chattering on the live poker table ....

U

unlim_lv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
low stakes poker most of the time is a multi-table thing...hard to chat in those cases. a great hand is worth a "nh" nothing more

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Communication in poker should be present, and to participate in the conversation or not is a personal matter for everyone !!!

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good conversation is always good, but some situations bother me in the chat:

- Offense, there are people who live in a terrible bad mood.

Chat in other languages and certain plays.
I spent situations, at tables with people from countries in common communicating in their own language and strange moves ..... even if I spoke politely to speak in English so we all understood, laughed and continued .... I had to report to the support.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is ok if chat is friendly but some players use chat to assault each other....

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually don't chat but if I do so I will ask for something I have question about.The other day I asked someone from my country what kind of tourneys he grinds and if he has any ideas for some books! In first place I speak to him in Greek but instantly we both started to speak in English because is a MUST when you chat.

And another time I asked a very good regular player from brazil something and he was extremely polite although he was playing around 8-10 tables hahaha..Wow!!

Generally I don't like chatting because the vast majority are shitheads and they speak only if they want to swear.But as I said above there will be always nice exception!!

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to Chat but i have the feeling that a few years back there was more Talk at the tables like someone in this thread already statet it was mostly Canadian or American players who would Chat with me don't know how that comes

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah chat seems to be reserved for ranting. CC events have good convos.