Chat at the Table

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol i chat with the peeps that are drinking at my tables usually other than that not much else unless i wanna taunt someone haha

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will Kassouf is pokers most obnoxious table talker. He deliberately puts people on tilt, and does it with such grace that it really makes me realize how talking is a useful tool.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In parallel there are other tables, so no time for idle talk.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually chat online because multi-tabling makes it difficult and I tend to lose concentration in the game.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, nowadays people start to chat at online poker mostly when got beat and trying to offend you verbally. Such a shame tho.
I remember good days at PKR long time ago, where i played $1 SNG with a lot of other people who played the same regularly. It was nearly like playing poker with friends, we played and chatted and had a lot of fun. And we didn't care much of getting beat or dropping out. Cause we knew each other and had a good relationships. Those who lost their stack even stayed at the table as observers and kept talking. :) Meanwhile those room changed so much in worse direction and all of the people i knew either went to another poker rooms or quit playing at all. I kinda miss those good times.
Personally i like to have a good chat at poker table. The only exception is when its 3max, HU or just too many tables opened.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat unnecessary distraction from the game. So few deals. Difficult to chat to write if you play 8+ tables.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes they have 5k of open tables! :eek::cool::D

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's Friday night at a 50c table why doesn't anyone want to chat? It should be a fun game.....damn no one wants talk.....kinda sad for me and everyone else.

Scotch talking?

Lol when im actually lucky i would be able to get 1 out of the 9 players to join me in conversation, otherwise noone on 90% of the tables i go on are willing to talk, guess most ppl are concentrating on their game. Iknow some ppl have multiple tables open at one time so obviously talking for them is out of the question, however i doubt it is the majority.

K

killroy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do not chat vary often online. not to many tells online and chatting may give something away. i will chat only to make another player tilt. its just part of the game if you can get in there head you may be able to detect a mistake.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, chatting at the table is only necessary to discuss the deal by hitting the final table, in other cases it is not necessary and it only distracts. The same thing with the avatars of opponents, I always scavenge them so they do not distract from the game and do not interfere with the concentration

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a funny anecdote that happened to me in a tournament.

In a certain hand, the opponent called to the river without luck and in the middle of their frustration began with the typical insults, which in this case I found myself in need of justify for their bad game (Obviamnete was "Tilt").

The fact is that this discussion served to get rid of this condition and ended up improving at the table and advancing with me to the awards stage.

We ended up wishing each other luck and nowadays we are friends every time we meet at the tables.

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Friday Chat

Probably a combination of peeps playing multiple tables, and maybe not knowing other players at the table...and of course, the scotch!;);)

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, depends on the conversation I guess. Most people playing 50 cent games are playing multiple tables, and don't have time to chat. Other times people just don't like the subject of discussion. I personally am there to play and learn, not chat.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont talk alot but i do some and i respond to those who say something to me, unless its mean then sometimes im quite!!

B

BrianM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep talk to a minimum at the table, but it depends who I'm playing with and how the game is going.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not overly chatty at the table. Once in a while I will jump in and participate. Now here's a revealing thing about yours, truly. I bet I have erased more comments before pressing the magic send button, than have actually posted in the chat.

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chatter chatting distracts from the game itself...I don't like to chat...

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always chat, more often than not it only the canadians that talk back

B

Bedobash83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like it! I play or chat...

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I do chat when I find some of my friends at Cardschat freerolls,
we will make jokes about the avatars or hands.
I also use the chat to say I was Bluffinn... after a hand with no show up, just to miss lead them. :D

A

Airforce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to communicate in a mobile application. I try not to write , but sometimes you want =))

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not communicate in the chat room of the poker room, it distracts me from the game.

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat only with people from my country, it is small number of players :D

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore the chat... still wondering how to disable it

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to use the chat feature on betonline. With that being said i only use it to try to make others mad/throw off their game. I know its not nice but either is poker when you get bad beated on the river from some noob that does not know what hes doing. The chat can be a very valuable tool if used correctly. I tend to get under other peoples skin via the chat, which usually results in the player playing like hes on super tilt.