change your strategy

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine has not only changed with time as it also changes during a game.

There's different strategies for different tourneys and within these it may change depending on villain, stage, table position...

And I also play cash once in a while and the strategy for these differ from the ones used in tourneys also.

Wish y'all lots of fun at the felt.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, of course, there should always be changes in strategies as one learns to play poker better.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Did you change your strategy as the progresses of the years? In what if changed?
It is necessary to change the strategy during a tournament, so why not change over the years?

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I found out that I didn't know near as much as I thought I knew, and still don't! Every day I play I see something that I should or should not be doing and read new ideas (new to me) here at CC and the books I study at night. So poker as a game is constantly evolving for me, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. I like to think I have come a long way over the years and I suppose I still have a long long journey of learning ahead of me and I will keep playing poker until it isn't fun anymore!

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you're learning and evolving, naturally your strategy and gamestyle could change

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you are playing the CC freerolls it is essential you change your tournament strategy. You have to become far looser. It ruins your overall poker thinking, but you have to change.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
all depends on the opponents how u should play

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Changing strategy is important, I've been changing my poker strategy.
To change my poker strategy I changed my player profile, as your strategies are at the roots of your player profile.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. From Donkey Kong I moved to Super Mario.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My strategy has changed over time. Not too much, but it's changed. I bluff less, play fewer hands, and make decisions to win

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Yes, I use different strategies depends of the villain information I have.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can't even begin to explain what my game has in it now

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9714b6fd875adaa70c3332f5c747e346.png

I'll give a cookie to whoever knows what the concepts are of this unique strategy and its title

and no it is not Limpin is Pimpin

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well of course you have to … nothing stays the same .. as you grow as a player so does your strategy changes.. you become more aware of the game…

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My strategy has changed over time. Not too much, but it's changed. I bluff less, play fewer hands, and make decisions to win
What? You is the person who limp every hand with any trash hand bro. In today 888 game you limp K4o utg, K5o utg with less 20 blinds. Don't lie in the forum

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy has changed, now I play more pairs and can fold good cards.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My strategy changes every game I think. I'm learning more about the "field", about the players in my limit. From what is more noticeable to me is that I stopped bringing the situation to check-check on the river, it’s better to bet and fold to a raise. I also try to do less dispersion pushes in 40bb+ stacks with Ak-Aj hands.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Did you change your strategy as the progresses of the years? In what if changed?
I'll even say more: I change my strategy many times during one tournament. Also my strategy changes, taking into consider my opponents' playing style, taking into consider the amount of my bankroll, taking into consider the upcoming prize zone. Also, sometimes my strategy changes with my mood. :eek:

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I was learning to play poker (without studying the game's strategies), I was playing like a donkey:

- I always did a limp call on the flop.
- I was afraid to bluff.
- I was afraid to pay a villain's bluff.
- I didn't know how to administrate the pot value.
- I was calling the stranges villain's all-ins only having high cards.
- I was playing all connected cards, no matter the position I was (I didn't know the importance of the position on this game).
- Etc.

This changed a lot by the time. Now I corrected a lot of these errors and I'm playing better.

Also, my past helps me to remember how a donkey player usually think and how to beat them (but this can change a lot according to each type of donkey).

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Main strategy not changed: to play by bankroll, and then All will OK exactly! That's it! Nothing more and nothing less!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategy changes during the game itself. you have to adapt to different situations all the time

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes, I used to play more aggressively and now I think more during the hand. I can't say that I play the same all the time because it depends on who I play with and how my opponents play.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My strategy changes depending on the game. I would hope it's improved over the years as there is always something to learn along the way. Right now I'm trying to boost my income a tiny bit instead of playing just for fun and managing a roller coaster bankroll. So I've taken to playing low stake cash games 2-3 times a week with a set time to play in. My patience has improved for it. I've tightened up my range which the regs I play with aren't used to. Had a player comment Saturday "you've won every pot you've tangled in" . I said nothing, but my thought was "yes because I'm playing a nit game and it's paying off so far" :ROFLMAO: So let the cooler gods leave me alone please.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is a game that has undergone a significant evolution in strategy over the years, driven by a combination of factors, including the availability of information, technological advances and increasing competition in the game. These changes have led to greater sophistication in the strategies used by poker players in different variants of the game.
Therefore, I believe that the change in strategy over the years is beneficial because we are improving.