Broke Again

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to hand in there, drink more, do more drugs, beat the wife and kids, oh did i say do more drugs. Seriously if u play live poker and have the ability to play live everyday i would not play on computer again. I have had very few losing sessions live. If ur a serious poker player playing live is where it is at. Gl

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only tip is to practice "pot control" online, more than anything, which means only going in pre-flop with hands like AA or KK in cash games - anything else, and you're just gambling, not playing poker.

When you see the flop, depending in your opponent, you want to practice pot control - that means that if you are not 100% sure you have your opponent beat, then only bet as much as you are willing to lose on that hand and never, ever go all in. I could go on about this for another 5 pages but I don't have the time now.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so if i want to play .5 $1 how much should i deposit i have had $1500 but took some out got to $550 and crashed i have $5000 in a bank acct just for poker i won a couple of $100 events at foxwoods

Standard bankroll management says at least 20 buy ins, though if you have more set aside for poker it could be less actually in one poker site. People have swings of +/- 4 or 5 buyins, within a single session, so be prepared for that.

But, how much on line poker have you played? It might be better to start off at lower levels even just to get used to online play first. Deposit $500, try 0.10/0.25 for 10,000 or 20,000 hands until you can prove to yourself that you've gotten used to it.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard bankroll management says at least 20 buy ins, though if you have more set aside for poker it could be less actually in one poker site. People have swings of +/- 4 or 5 buyins, within a single session, so be prepared for that.

But, how much on line poker have you played? It might be better to start off at lower levels even just to get used to online play first. Deposit $500, try 0.10/0.25 for 10,000 or 20,000 hands until you can prove to yourself that you've gotten used to it.

+1

I moved from live play to online play - you really ought to take time to get used to it, it's different. The quality of play is generally higher online at $0.25/$0.50 than at a $1/$2 live table (though you can still find plenty of fish...).

peacebrother

peacebrother

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is your bank roll ? since every one says you are not playing within the correct limits.
I know that I may have 1-3 hundred on fulltilt and decide to play the wpt sattie for a hundred. But that does not mean I am playing 33 % my roll. I choose not to keep large sums of money online.!! + I play live way more often ( daily)

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not broke today yestreday i won 5 S&Gs cashed in a 90 man on FT and made some money playing cash now it does not seem like i played any differently even though when i got knocked out of the 90 i had AA raised to 12000 which was 4x got called by KJo flop j 8 5 went all in for last 10500 he hits K on river arrrrrrrrrr!
best score of the day won a 15+1 on PS for $108

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is amazing what some players will call with, then they win on the river. I think I was the only one that told you I would fold AA in the first hand of a tourney with players already all in in front and two others behind you still to play.
You should put these two bad beats on that blog. I am sure they will be blasting me shortly for saying I would fold the AA. lol.
Tough luck, on these. How many players were in the hand? it looks like they were heads up.

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there were 4 with the 10s I was first the 7-3 was next then the others I should not have been all in except I was testing out short stacking at .5 $1 and that seems how it is played going back to 50BBs dont care for bingo most people do not have the discipline to lay down AA there are times it should be done
won another 18 man 15+1 S&G today played so tight my teeth exploded lol

E

evilpoochie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea man i feel you i am broke again it happens way to often the sad part is most hands i am ahead by odds i wish i could hold

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I lost $125 on carbon last week, I don't follow BRM on carbon because I would never deposit on that site because I have heard bad things about it. I was playing .50/$1 and I had 10's pre-flop vs AA, I had a feeling he had aces but I didn't trust my instincts. :)