Bluffing is right or wrong

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluffing is good when done with discipline and skill. I am not a good bluffer, but I pretend I bluffed sometimes if everyone has folded to me. Just to cast doubt. live game only. Online never.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I bluff then definitely crash into losing on this I try not to bluff.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game.
Sometimes it is difficult to bluff because the other keeps on calling.

In most cases start with small bluffs and raise each bluff a little.
not too small because then it is easy for others to call

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not too good at it either but I suspect it's because I play freerolls and micro stakes mostly. I have found it's good to be caught bluffing sometimes because you will get labelled as such, which can help you further down the line because players are less inclined to put you on a big hand.

You need a decent stack to be able to pull this off. Don't try it at the start of a freeroll for instance.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an essential part of the game. And getting caught on a bluff is not always a bad thing. I have even bluffed with the intention of being called so that people could see I was bluffing. Why? Because I noticed I was playing too tight and I was not getting any action. I needed to change my table image to start getting value on my good hands.

However I am sure you are not asking how to bluff to be called. You want to bluff to win a pot. You need to understand how the whole hand played out and make sure that the actions you made make sense for the hand (or range) that you are trying to represent. If the story doesn't make sense, you are likely to be called. You also need to take into consideration the opponent you are trying to bluff. Are they capable of laying down their hand? If not, don't try to bluff. Also, what is your image to your opponent. If they feel you play a tight range then you are more likely to get credit, if you just bluffed the past 5 hands in a row, you are likely to not be getting any respect from anyone.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good bluff is one that works....
As long as your opponents keep folding you can bluff along :)

But keep in mind that your table image will decide how successful you are. If you have been playing to many hands or you bluff too oftenn your opponents will lose respect for your bets...

Save your bluffs for times in which you really need them, because you are card dead... Stealing a pot here and there will help you to keep your stack together during those times.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole essence of poker is bluffing. You just need to know when, where and how to use it. Never bluffing and playing only premium hands is dooming yourself to a minus game in advance.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, bruno13xs! I think, the bluff is very thin thing, and if to say honestly, by my opinion, better is not to do bluff, or do in especial occasion... I mean, not need put yourself special goal in every game to do bluff obligatory, better a more to work over your Poker Skill
in the other components, because a bluff is as a salt in the food, and can without her... Because can over salt! This is same with a bluff
in Poker. But this is only my private opinion. Anyway, Good Luck!;):)

1slsick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe bluffing is one of the most important parts of the game. Bluffing correctly will significantly improve your game. There are a few ways that I use bluffs. Heads-up is when I use it the most - especially right after the flop. That's just an odds play. It can also be used to disguise your hands when you actually have good cards. If you only bet when you have good cards, the table will catch on if they are paying attention, so bluff to mix things up. The amount you bluff with is also extremely important. Sometimes min bet is the safest, but sometimes an overbet is necessary to win. If you always min bet bluff, good players will dominate you.

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are confident in a neutral hand, bluffing can be profitable. :)

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Art of bluffing

Love this Thread, there must be a art to being a really good bluffer, which I do not have. I keep telling myself not to try bluffing because I always get caught. A few good bluffs and I start thinking maybe I am the king of bluffing, big mistake. I will take note of a lot of good points made in this post. Many thanks.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can’t bluff, it’s best not to use it. When bluffing, you need to consider many factors and not part.