Bluffing is right or wrong

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to sell your bluff. You need to play your range at those times. Cause if you casually bluff good opponents in unusual spots they might see right through you. You also need to watch the game and its players all the time and make your bluffs rare, cause you re gonna get in trouble otherwise

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't bluff the fish. You bluff into a regular. Don't bluff with the trash hand. Bluff with a hand that can get stronger.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is the part of the game, which made it more likeable. You can be predictable at the whole time, but you'll not reach a really good place with that strategy. People who really know their stuff are eat tight and agressive players alive here.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing

Bluffing for sure is part of the game. One needs to learn not to over do your bluff 's as if any one is keeping track of your play they probably will note that and you will end up with loosing your chips and or bankroll.

Seems to me the higher the stakes at the table the less likely players are to bluff when it is costing them real dollars.

If you are going to bluff make sure you carry it to the end of the hand. Seen lots of players push with a bluff on the flop and end up checking on the turn which is most times a sign of a bluff.

Later & good luck to ya all !

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bluff bad players, they will chase you off a cliff. Much of the structure of poker is lost with new players.

I'll leave the intricacies of bluffing to Youtube videos, but you should be developing into a mindset where every hand tells a story.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffs are a big part of the game but sometimes you can make a good play and put people in tough spots but get called by 3rd pair I've seen this happen a lot at lower stakes. Pick your bluff spots and having a positional advantage is also a great help. Just because a bluff hasn't worked this can help you get value when you actually have a hand. Play bluffs exactly like you would a value hand and that will make your opponents less likely to look you up. Don't be afraid to unload the clip on occasions too. Good luck for the future at the tables

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff in certain spots, i dont use a hub so i try to stay away from bluffing to much

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play the same hand, in the same exact way, vs villains sligthly differents or with holdings sligthly differents, would the line that you choose really produce the average best return, in the long run?

Maybe you are maximizing your value against villains that are clueless and losing value vs the average joe.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of poker! There are many kinds of bluffs, and is an art! The main thing to remember is that if your range is not bluff hands you will never pay and strong arms!

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff when i have no expectation to stay in the game and thats usually when i've taken a bad beat call it tilt if you want but thats me

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bluffing is part of poker, because it is impossible to have the best hand all time! You must observe and study your opponents to understand your range and their ranges and see if you can bluff and when.:driver:

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey there!

To be a successful poker player you need to master at a certain degree bluffing. There's no doubt about that!

I advice you to read as many articles about poker in general as you can. Satrt with those in here, it would be interesting for you.

gl:stupido::stupido::stupido::stupido:

R

rhv85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff not that often but it seems to work more than doesnt for me

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation and your opponents at the table. I only bluff against players whose style of play I already know.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a tournament you need to bluff a lot..

If u want a min cash, you con play tight

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, bluffing is wrong, because it is a move against rock solid game theory. Of course, it is not like bluffing is always wrong. It could be used if you see signs it is OK to bluff. But it CERTAINLY is wrong if you are attempting to smash and bash to the final table by bluff rather than patience.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing makes poker more interesting. I think it's possible not to bluff in poker, but then maybe poker will not make a profit.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's nothing nicer than bluffing your opponent with nothing on your hands)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is a part of this beatiful game.You must be very lucky to win a tournament without bluffing.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is advisable to bluff with blockers or on boards hwere street combinations or flush combinations have no reached.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing has to be part of any successful player. Skill is knowing when you can. Playing forum games it is a lot easier to bluff. With having history with players, it can be more successful. Bluffing a calling station will turn out bad in most instances.

Use it infrequently and wisely. You will pick it up and refine it when needed.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, one must bluff, especially against losers.:elefant:

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff if you are sure that your opponents will fold, if you are not sure then you don’t need to. To successfully bluff you need to know your opponents and bluff with hands that have a chance to improve.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is necessary in poker it creates uncertainty in play not being able predict an opponents hand strength.