Bingo players in poker?

Daquess

Daquess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched a hand that when over one player was on and on how the other was a "bingo player". Most of us hear this every so often.

What do you think? Are there bingo players in poker?

For those who think so, what sets the criteria for this phenomenon?

I don't recommend card chasing as a practical way to advance your game, but everyone has chased cards at some point at the table.

So do we all have little bingo player in us, or is it just poker(folks)?

Now that breaks over, I'm going to see how bad these guys are tilting after that.. :D

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's all

he's not really a bingo player, he's just a bad poker player who only wins like lucky hands because he's playing like hands with anyone he doesn't even deserve to be called a bingo player

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Many players want to gamble at the poker tables , in all limits , I think it's part of the poker ''ecosystem'' sometimes they will cooler the other players and some other times the will make some generous donations. :D

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bingo players really exist in poker, but can't last long.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its when they don't know starting hands and go all in or call an all in with some mediocre hand that they don't need to.

I just got booted with KK all in preflop shove from UTG+1 on the 2nd hand of a freeroll when the MP called with A9s, ON THE SECOND HAND of a tourn, lol. That's more of a late position hand to see a flop cheaply not calling UTG or UTG+1 all in but they don't know, they have no idea what they're up against or anything.

They just know: Ace is good, Ace is win win. In reality you're going to be dominated looking for a 3 outer or something like a 70/30 underdog against 10s or above that 9 kicker and 55/45 underdog against a pair under that 9 kicker like vs a pair of 8s but do you think freerollers think like that? And does it even matter to them? No and no. And will they lose in like the next few minutes after beating you? Probably and it doesn't matter, to them they're just having fun and that's fine.

So again, these "bingo players" don't know starting hands and from what seat you can play those hands.

Another answer to that question is other folks at low levels aren't used to or ready for aggressive players and call them bingo players and that's true because again, many of the aggressive players don't know the odds of their plays. They watch TV or Youtube of their favorite player making moves and think that's how folks actually play like every hand but in reality they're highly skilled players that know when to make plays and a lot of that TV poker stuff is heavily edited so you don't see a lot of the folds in games. It would be like telling a kid that professional wrestling is fake, lol. Go watch a professional player or some of these top pros play an online tourns and see how many hands they're involved in early in a tourn especially without antes, lol.

And lastly, you can actually find out who the tight players are by their reaction to donk players. Just another reason to pay attention to what's going on at the table.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try limit or pot limit, might help deal with some of the wilder variations

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You want the fishes in the game otherwise you don't make money cause everyone playing tight.

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bingo

These players don't want to be patient & would rather get lucky to build their stacks. Sadly I see too many of them having success.:cool:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bingo players are what you need to raise money in poker, without them there would be no poker.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is a such thing as a bingo player in poker. I look at everybody has there own style of play and people play with certain numbers that represents certain events in their life.

No card in poker is safe until after the showdown.

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
these are the players who can bring the maximum profit.I love them

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That level of players is full in the freerolls, but they don't get to make a solid bank to level up because they don't take the trouble to analyze a play, you just have to be more careful and wait for them to eliminate themselves.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bad player usually goes from not being able to win the hand to the extreme and goes all-in. A good player only does this with a very good card or a very small stack that makes it impractical to make 2 or 3 big blinds.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
there are many and this ends up getting in the way of your poker plays, I think this is a lack of respect for the players who are dedicating themselves at the tables

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be that bingo player:D . I had a lot of luck, but it's not a good game. Now I'm trying to play better deliberately

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it when I get beaten by a bingo player...
And it happens a lot. But I think that's just the name of the game.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is to understand that this is great. The reason why winrates are commonly so much higher at lower limits than at higher limits is precisely because you have all these weak players willing to call with any hand.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched a hand that when over one player was on and on how the other was a "bingo player". Most of us hear this every so often.

What do you think? Are there bingo players in poker?

For those who think so, what sets the criteria for this phenomenon?

I don't recommend card chasing as a practical way to advance your game, but everyone has chased cards at some point at the table.

So do we all have little bingo player in us, or is it just poker(folks)?

Now that breaks over, I'm going to see how bad these guys are tilting after that.. :D

When I'm on tilt I can call for luck. There are many such players at micro-stakes:jd4::):jd4:

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U wanna see bingo players? Try playing PLO and not get sucked out ion by bingo players. So frustrating sitting waiting for a proper hand just to have it run over by some garbage straight or two low card flushes.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone is afraid of bingo because you don't expect to be run over with this time, but it's fleeting as long as they have the money.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those are the players that stress me the most, I think that the best thing against those players is just to wait and play everything with good hands

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bingo!!

This is an interesting and controversial topic….. Texas Holdem is 7 card game. Assuming that’s what this question is pertaining to…. Free rolls are mostly Bingo players. If you are financially invested in a cash or tournament- there are fewer bingo players. You are dealt 2 cards and you can do whatever you want with them. You are also entitled to an opinion. One persons bingo hand is another’s winning hand… so go figure lol.