betting before breaks

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh... and one more note.....

when you're working every hour... do you sit down for the last 5 minutes of every hour and rest? every hour, on the hour, do you stop, and .....do nothing?

every hour, on the hour... sounds a bit robotic, not?.... and for those that dont speak server.. if the break is set up robotically, why think its for humans? lol....

the server reset (break) is strictly for refreshing servers; not players.

flame on, egotistical poker players... since i know you will :) defend what you dont know you're defending :)

defend; cuz you're under attack!

stop false flagging yourself into constant battle :) tell that little voice in your head thats telling you to defend to shut up... if you dont know what you're defending :)

and if you speak server, feel free to try to explain how the break is for anything other than the server itself :) then again, if you speak server, you'd probably be agreeing with my opinion on breaks rather than telling me i'm wrong with no reasoning :)

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah again, "guys who noticed something about cards"... :D Stop looking for excuses, try to improve your game instead.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for big poker room like pokerstars,I dont think so.That is not long term event.

J

Jdawg0913

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Gus Hansen's book, every hand revealed, he always raises the last hand before a break regardless of his cards. He says that everyone is so concerned about going to the bathroom, calling their friends, etc that they just want to leave. He says he has stolen many many pots that way. By the way, his book is definitely worth a read if you have the time.

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah again, "guys who noticed something about cards"... :D Stop looking for excuses, try to improve your game instead.

my live game is fine, and so is my math; what i can't understand is the exceptions to logic, mainly unexplainable odds that reoccur at retardedly frequent rates.

i can understand seeing these "patterns" occur sometimes.... but all the time is a different story :D

improve my game, lol... i quadrupled my first deposit this year in two days... improve your game; listen to me lol

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Gus Hansen's book, every hand revealed, he always raises the last hand before a break regardless of his cards. He says that everyone is so concerned about going to the bathroom, calling their friends, etc that they just want to leave. He says he has stolen many many pots that way. By the way, his book is definitely worth a read if you have the time.

i would assume this applies more to live play than online; coming from Gus.

but im sure he plays his fair share of online poker where people would want to call their friends to share the state of the game, as well.

all im saying, again, is im in the habit of tossing my a10 instead of wasting money on a flop to see someone with AK take it at the end :)

id rather have a headstart on my smoke; maybe get time to hit a bowl or two in there, too :p

W

WR_CC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny. A break is just a time for everyone (servers - refresh, players - walk, smoke, pee, eat, drink or anything else You like to take Your mind from the game).
Besides - about the betting. If You need to go out - just go all-in with any hand before break. :D Every player has his own goals and betting before break should be adjusted to those goals.

Last edited:
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars