LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Being retired, I take time off from poker as the necessity situation arises. Chores, family obligation, pet walking/playing, and yes even the occasional vacation!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, its usually the weekend, i just have too much stuff to do than to concentrate on poker.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is the best day of the week to do the day off in your opinion?
Probably Monday. I'm always too lazy to work on Monday :)
But this does not apply to poker. I am willing to play 7 days a week if I have enough free time. Although actually I only play 3-4 days a week.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Any day you have other things to do.
I think it's important to have a life offline.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would say there is no exact day, it depends on how you are, I warn you to rest when you are in a bad mood

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is the best day of the week to do the day off in your opinion?
I think it really depends on what you want to do on your day off. Everyone suggest Mondays and Tuesdays but if you like to eat out, for example, Monday is a common day for restaurants to close... Personally, I like to golf on my days off... and Mondays and Tuesdays are great for that. Ferw people on the course....the tees are a bit advanced early week...and the pin placements are not as tucked as at the weekend!

It also depends on the poker you're playing. many of us play exploitative poker. I have to admit, Friday and Sarturday nights are the best nights for exploitative poker. Drunk people cannot help calling. Bully them around for a while and then they'll be ready to snap you with the first whiff of an Ace that they get.

Cheers,
JT

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
On Friday, I usually devote time with friends, and on Saturday with my family. So most of the time, these days come to me without poker.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't need a break from poker, I play poker and rest at the same time. If I want to take a break, I take it regardless of the day of the week.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me on Saturdays without a doubt
Saturdays are football days and barbecues with friends

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Sunday, it is a perfect day to relax and do nothing but rest.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The best days for resting are Mondays and Wednesdays in my case, because I don't work on those days and I use them to relax.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Saturday or Sunday. However, I am
I play mostly cash games, so I choose the days I wrote above. But if I played tournaments all the time, my days off would be Monday or Tuesday, because there are tournaments with bigger prizes on Saturday and Sunday and there are more good tournaments on these days.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally, for me I like to take Mondays off and some Tuesdays as well. It's hard to play well and go deep into a tournament when I have a few days of work to go, and I will just be tired for the rest of the week.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like time off or social life, all I can do is play, sometimes I don't play on Friday when there are many players in the 888 freeroll, now that the field is tougher and I only play daily in the Ps and 888 freerolls

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it should be any day where you have stuff to do or people to meet or when you really need a break

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I could choose it would be saturday or sunday, because these are the days that the rest of my family don't work, but weekends for me are the best days for poker. The worst day for poker in my opinion I think it's friday or monday.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I rarely play on Fridays. Firstly, there are no MTT suitable for me, and I need to rest a little.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
One day i play the other don't i dont have an adiction i play when im feeling fine ay dont have nothing important to do.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My day off is on Monday, but I feel like the best tournaments are on Sundays, so it's hard to say...

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whenever you need a break but you should schedule at least one day off per week.

Robles77

Robles77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DO
Chips
Tuesday/Wednesday/thursday anyone.!! In my opinion.!! I'm starting to diving deep into the poker word noe, and I'm loving it so far.!! Once I become I'm a professional player top one.!! I will organize Myself.!!