E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Has it ever happened to you that you have a bad poker session and while playing, you log out and stop sulking for the rest of the day? Tell me what you do, how you handle it, what you do with that anger or frustration so as not to transfer it to your daily life!!

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is simple, the hard part is facing defeat. Playing with the basics and strategies makes us good players, knowing how to retire in a moment of doubt doesn't make you weak, it's about being careful with your bank. I personally play poker because I have fun and I try to take it that way, fun and learning, face your defeat as a method of reflection but don't drown in it, check your hand and you'll see that either it was a mistake or luck didn't favor you, flip the sheet and forget. Remember that just as you lost, you also won with good or bad cards!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has it ever happened to you that you have a bad poker session and while playing, you log out and stop sulking for the rest of the day? Tell me what you do, how you handle it, what you do with that anger or frustration so as not to transfer it to your daily life!!
I think they call this part 'growing up' (some will never do it & some suffer from a Peter Pan syndrome)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Treat the game more simply - it’s just a game, entertainment. And if you take all defeats seriously, it may end in a psychological hospital. Play, analyze, learn and in the end victory will come to you...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some times things don't always go the way we want them to, in Poker and many other things in everyday life. Showing your emotions when you are in a bad mood is some times hard to avoid, but to be annoyed at losing to some suck out or bad beat is just plain Childish.
Poker is a Game, like any other Game! Some times you win, some times you lose, but throwing yourself to the floor kicking and screaming, while out shopping with your Wife at the Supermarket, isn't going to cut it.
Learn from your mistakes, and next time try harder to beat the bullies in Poker.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hobby/part-time player. After 20 some years and having pretty much seen every bad beat possible likely a number of times I just move on with my day. After 20 years as a low stakes player and a guy who runs and manages businesses I'll glad put my mental game up against anyone's....I was my poker game matched my mental game. So nothing just move the session to the back of my mind, log off and go about my day. Worse case spend a 20-30 mins on the heavy/punching bag or speed bag. But I'd likely do that anyway regardless as like poker it's something I enjoy doing.

Having a good poker/online and real life balance helps greatly being able to just push a bad session to the back of my mind and move on.

Cheers!!!

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If I'm frustrated I never play, I try to stay calm while playing

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I try not yo be angry for this game .
I only for fun so i usually don't get frustrated i just play a little and do other things

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I used to play FIFA games online with other players and beat them with a big score. And after unsuccessful games in poker, it brought me positive emotions. But when I lost in FIFA, my mood was completely ruined. So I try not to take all failures in poker to heart. :cool:;)

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience, the more you play the more you see it all on the poker table. You eventually get immune to it. What happens on the poker table stays on the poker table, is my motto. If the moods start affecting other parts of your life, then the problem might not be a bad poker session, it might be the trigger but may also be more deep rooted.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Happened many times. It's quite natural actually. If you are heavily invested into something it's hard to just turn it off. It's the same for poker as it is for anything else. Once I started taking poker way less seriously as I did in my early age that became way less of a problem however. Now I mainly just play for fun and don't have huge struggles with facing defeats.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am always happy when I have free time to play poker. For me, poker is only positive. I'm patient, I'm disciplined and I play poker primarily for fun, so I just enjoy every minute of the game. Perhaps your problem lies in inflated expectations. Try to play just for fun, and then I think you will be able to get positive emotions and enjoyment from the game.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Everything spills over, that is why you have to watch yourself, after all its still gambling

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you must understand that in poker you can lose even with a very strong hand like AA to any other card and you don't need to be angry about it because this is part of the game and the rules of the game do not give you a win as soon as you get the cards, so it's logical that you will lose with any card you just need to play with the money you have and that you are ready to lose and play on your bankroll then there will be no anger, and if you have anger here If you take a break after a bad hand when you lose, push-ups sometimes help to take a break and then start playing again or exercise to calm you down

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is completely normal to have a bad poker session and feel frustrated or angry about it. However, it is important to not let those negative emotions affect your daily life. Here are some tips for handling a bad poker session:

1. Take a break: If you find yourself getting too frustrated or angry while playing, it is important to take a break. Log out of the game and step away from the computer or table for a while. This will help you calm down and refocus.

2. Reflect on your mistakes: Instead of dwelling on the bad session, use it as an opportunity to reflect on your mistakes and learn from them. Think about what you could have done differently and how you can improve your game in the future.

3. Practice self-care: It is important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. Engage in activities that help you relax and unwind, such as exercising, meditating, or spending time with loved ones.

4. Don't chase your losses: It can be tempting to try and win back the money you lost in a bad session by playing more, but this can often lead to even bigger losses. It is important to set limits for yourself and stick to them.

5. Talk to a friend or mentor: Sometimes it can be helpful to talk about your frustrations with someone else, whether it's a friend or a poker mentor. They can offer a different perspective and help you work through your emotions.

Remember, having a bad poker session is just a small setback in the grand scheme of things. Don't let it affect your daily life and always remember to have fun while playing the game.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't let it follow me in my normal life ,but I must admit that the other day I lost out on a tournament ticket by a brutal bad beat and that followed me around for the next day

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's a game not a job for keep anxious for long time.Hobby and that's it if I had more expectations of myself playing poker I might be angry but now not

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm angry about that day's game, it doesn't last long....I relax quickly and resume another game.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never let a bad poker experience spill over into real life. The money that is gone was considered gone when it left my bank account and was deposited in what ever site. It's entertainment and part of a budget. Oh I can go on Tilt, but is part of my poker experience, not my real life!

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's happened several times, especially when I hit the ball. I lose my patience most of the time. Even playing with pleasure, lol

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been angry and I'm still angry with poker, I confess that it takes about 10 minutes for anger to pass, but I don't transfer to my day or to my private individual, just to poker and then it's as simple as that. I try to take it as fun and it has worked for me.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I use to be like this when I started to play poker :) , but in time I begin to understand that I have to separeted the way I fell in life , in general , and in the game of poker :)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you have been playing poker for a long time.
You must get used to losing because luck cannot always be with you.
When the game is over, you should not think about it all the time, whether you win or lose.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sometimes i used to lose control when y was younger but nowadays i just chill

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When you experience a bad poker session and feel frustration or anger, it is important to manage these emotions constructively to prevent them from affecting your daily life.
Take a break and unplug: If you feel like frustration is affecting your mood, it's helpful to take a break and step away from the game for a while. Do something that relaxes you and allows you to release stress.