Bad mood or anger from gaming to everyday life

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, everything is individual, each person has their own psychology, everyone experiences stress in their own way. As for me, after a few years of playing poker, I have become much easier to relate to losses and bad beat. But in any case, I have always tried not to transfer the resentment of losing to family life or to socializing with friends. If I felt that there might be a conflict because I was excited, then I just kept silent, avoided communication, until I came to my senses. Yes, sometimes it's difficult to do, but it's better than a spoiled relationship. Watching a good movie or sleeping helped me to recover, although it was difficult to fall asleep. But in any case, to reduce the stress of losing, play for money that is not a pity to lose.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is important to determine the cause of our bad mood. What are we afraid of? Maybe this sense of self-worth plays with us and we feel the need to prove to ourselves and those around us that we can achieve any success. Maybe it’s a basic desire to win - it’s even simpler here, you just have to understand that you can’t always win. Maybe it seems to us that the game is unfair to us and we are being “run over”, but flushes are still not collected - in this case, I would advise having a notepad near the “workplace” in which to write down the results of coins, etc. - this way at the end of the session you can will evaluate whether we are really so unlucky or whether we still remember the bad and forget the good. You can always talk to a loved one, talk it out and not keep these thoughts in your head anymore. Personally, that’s what I do, my wife will always support me and won’t let me lose heart. Books and stand-up performances also help me a lot - in a word, things that distract you and allow you to have fun and relaxation.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Has it ever happened to you that you have a bad poker session and while playing, you log out and stop sulking for the rest of the day? Tell me what you do, how you handle it, what you do with that anger or frustration so as not to transfer it to your daily life!!
It's natural, even if you're counting on money.
The ideal is to study self-control and respect exercises to alternate focus.

K

khancerberos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
Take it as an entertainment game if you take it seriously and don't know about being defeated you can end up in a psychological hospital. If you are going to play it professionally, study how poker professionals do it.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Has it ever happened to you that you have a bad poker session and while playing, you log out and stop sulking for the rest of the day? Tell me what you do, how you handle it, what you do with that anger or frustration so as not to transfer it to your daily life!!
Hello friends. I would say that it can happen that the problems that appear in your routine can seriously affect the game. When you are affected by bad gameplay or moments below our expectations in the game we must avoid reflecting our condition on our loved ones or those around us.
I wish you only good thoughts!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times, my poker results don't have influence in my real life. The last time I got really anger was when I was playing a big tournament that I won an entry winning a satellite and I was really close to a good prize. It took almost a day to I forget that loss.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Have you tried to distract yourself? You could do something you enjoy or something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Otherwise, going for a walk or doing some exercise should change your mood for the better.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker failures should not affect your mood in everyday life. If that's not the case for you, stop playing poker.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When i win iam in good mood XD
God bless

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Friend, this happens often and moves, and failures will always happen regardless of your level of play, you just have to accept it and that's it, the game didn't work today, turned everything off and went to watch a movie or series or something else.

And then everything will be fine :)