Avoiding bad players

C

crseae123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
The worst this is getting called by bad players and losing with the best hand is an easy way to go on tilt best way to beat them is calling in the best position

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I look for bad players when I play cash. I have dealers tell me about tables that are rife with drinkers and bad players and I then change tables. I have had my biggest nights searching out bad players. One thing to remember is to have a couple of buy ins to fall back on as they may get lucky on your before you win all their money.

A

Adieadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a couple of buy ins to fall back on as they may get lucky on your before you win all their money.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst this is getting called by bad players and losing with the best hand is an easy way to go on tilt best way to beat them is calling in the best position
i don't know what to say to this,
Getting called all in preflop against a weaker range is a good thing
You are tilting becuase you never studied the odds
The realization, of the lack of understanding of the odds,
is what made you tilt

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The players who play bad are the kind of players you want to play with and seek out intentionally not avoid them :). Just my humble opinion :).

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
:unsure:Why oh why would you ever want to avoid people you consider "bad players"?....

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I love such players) Wait for a good hand and act

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in this game that we loved, there are too many bad players, many times they win with a tragic hand when they enter the hand, but on the other hand, there are also those who give us their chips and that's how we move on!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hardly use to call someone bad player for the for those I never played with since I know some are playing for hours and maybe they are on tilt and tired or playing with no interest that time.If buy-in is good enough I play with patience bad beat it is on the game soooo....

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always look forward to playing against bad players. Easiest way to make money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players are the ones, who pay our bills or allow us to build a bankroll. So trying to avoid them is a very bad idea. In fact in cash games table and seat selection is very important for your winrate, and you should never be on a table, if you cant identify the fish within 1-2 orbits. There is an old funny saying, that then you are probably the fish :LOL:

So the solution is to learn to control that tilt. And part of that is understanding, that bad beats are part of, what makes poker profitable. If the best player always won, like in chess, then bad players would quickly stop playing. But because anyone can get lucky and have a winning session or winning streak, that allow bad players to feel the rush. And also overestimate their skill, so that when they lose, they think, they just got unlucky. While in fact its the other way around :)

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is importent in poker….

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I look for bad players when I play cash. I have dealers tell me about tables that are rife with drinkers and bad players and I then change tables. I have had my biggest nights searching out bad players. One thing to remember is to have a couple of buy ins to fall back on as they may get lucky on your before you win all their money.

Golden tip, don't complain about the bad players, find them and take all their chips.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Bad players are the ones, who pay our bills or allow us to build a bankroll. So trying to avoid them is a very bad idea. In fact in cash games table and seat selection is very important for your winrate, and you should never be on a table, if you cant identify the fish within 1-2 orbits. There is an old funny saying, that then you are probably the fish :LOL:

So the solution is to learn to control that tilt. And part of that is understanding, that bad beats are part of, what makes poker profitable. If the best player always won, like in chess, then bad players would quickly stop playing. But because anyone can get lucky and have a winning session or winning streak, that allow bad players to feel the rush. And also overestimate their skill, so that when they lose, they think, they just got unlucky. While in fact its the other way around :)
Maybe he himself is a bad player? That would explain why he wants to avoid them :unsure:

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant avoid them just dont be one of them

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players are an opportunity, exploit them if you can. Overly aggressive players in early stages of tournaments can be good for your stack if you pick the right moments.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose then it's never been the best hand. The best hand always wins. There are no bad players, as we are all kinda bad, also, there are no good poker players. I know it's confusing but I think there are winning poker players and losing poker players, no such thing as a bad or a good poker player. Winning doesn't make you 'good', nor losing 'bad' because we are talking about poker here. Poker is confusing indeed. It's just my opinion, maan ;)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You cannot lose with the best hand. That is not how poker works.
If you think you deserve to win, simply because you had a higher rated hand, pre-flop, then you might be in for a bumpy ride.
You see, there are five more cards to follow and the best hand, pre-flop, is quite often not the best hand post flop, turn and river.

The problem you're having is not losing with the best hand...but rather over-valuing the hand you have, pre-flop.
Most hands should never even get to showdown. If you're getting to showdown all the time, then you should probably either examine your bet sizing, or your calling range.

another thing -- and I would do well to listnto my own advice here -- is that you need to maintain your confidence (about being the best player at the table) without thinking you are entitled to win every pot, or indeed every pot you enter.

The key to your success is going to be based on exploitative gains. IE your biggest gains will be where you identify a flaw in a Villain's play that you can use to: Get him to call when he should fold or get him to fold when he should call. When you know who the NITs are, you can often push them off a pot. When you know who the call-stations are, you can often get better value from your bets.

Just don't forget that you cannot bluff a fish...and your AKs is merely more likely to beat the crappy off-suited speculative hand...but more likely accross the whole of time is not the same thing as "a sure thing this time".

So personally, I have to respectfully disagree with your statement... I think it the best thing when a crappy hand beats me, especially early on. that will embolden the villain to continue with such negative EV plays whilst they mistake luck with good decision-making...and then repeat this behaviour until they have no chips left.

All the best,
JT

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Why would anyone avoid bad player? I love them. :)

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You cannot lose with the best hand. That is not how poker works.
If you think you deserve to win, simply because you had a higher rated hand, pre-flop, then you might be in for a bumpy ride.
You see, there are five more cards to follow and the best hand, pre-flop, is quite often not the best hand post flop, turn and river.

The problem you're having is not losing with the best hand...but rather over-valuing the hand you have, pre-flop.
Most hands should never even get to showdown. If you're getting to showdown all the time, then you should probably either examine your bet sizing, or your calling range.

another thing -- and I would do well to listnto my own advice here -- is that you need to maintain your confidence (about being the best player at the table) without thinking you are entitled to win every pot, or indeed every pot you enter.

The key to your success is going to be based on exploitative gains. IE your biggest gains will be where you identify a flaw in a Villain's play that you can use to: Get him to call when he should fold or get him to fold when he should call. When you know who the NITs are, you can often push them off a pot. When you know who the call-stations are, you can often get better value from your bets.

Just don't forget that you cannot bluff a fish...and your AKs is merely more likely to beat the crappy off-suited speculative hand...but more likely accross the whole of time is not the same thing as "a sure thing this time".

So personally, I have to respectfully disagree with your statement... I think it the best thing when a crappy hand beats me, especially early on. that will embolden the villain to continue with such negative EV plays whilst they mistake luck with good decision-making...and then repeat this behaviour until they have no chips left.

All the best,
JT
lots of good advice and I agree with it all....