Can the average person make a living with poker?.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I find it very difficult to make a living just playing poker, because you have to have a good sponsor and play very well and with a lot of skill.
Not unless you are an ordinary person that then puts in a lot of time studying, discussing, and playing the game. Also, you have to have the right temperament and be able to shrug off variance, and bad runs. Most importantly to me , you have to play like the money involved does not matter to you.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No. An average person can't make a living by playing poker. In order to do that yo have to be super talented, intelligent and lucky as well. So if you can pay your bills by just playing poker you are not an average person anymore but a pro.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it can. Only for this poker should become his work.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's my dream to earn only poker for a good life. And apparently it will remain a dream.
I've been living like this for about 13 years. But, of course, when i left my job, i make a lot more money playing poker than i do now. Now i can only make about half of the average salary in my country playing poker. In general, you can live if you spend money wisely...

But for now, we can say that i have not even learned the correct game yet, because i'm very lazy )))
That is, i watched very few VODs, mostly i just read articles and books superficially.

I think that much of what i read has been deposited in the subconscious and helps me in the game...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, that is, it is possible if you are not a fan of yachts and going to restaurants ))

If you play at low stakes with a good win rate, then this win rate will be a pretty good insurance against losing your bankroll. It is also necessary to have a "safety cushion", that is, money for several months of life in case of drawdowns in the bankroll, although they are unlikely at a high win rate. It is best to have a spare of money for at least 6 months.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Im not agree. Most players loose money bcs know rules (combinations) but dont learn poker deeper.
Also most of them have 1st work and have small distance in play. I think everyone can play in plus but at first u must give more time to learn this discipiline as in any another works than u want become professional

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find it very difficult to make a living just playing poker, because you have to have a good sponsor and play very well and with a lot of skill.
If I depend on poker for a living, I'll starve to death.:ROFLMAO:

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very hard if it's your only source of income but if you have other sources to complement it and fall back on as safety nets then its very possible to accomplish because it takes the pressure off.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!! I've said over and over if poker is your only source of income it will be extremely difficult due to the fact that in poker no matter how great you are there will be times when you don't make money it's random and unpredictable. But if you have a job rather it's employment, self-employment, or whatever guaranteed cash flow of income you got rolling in to help support your gambling losses with good bankroll management yes you can do it.

As for me personally I wouldn't quit my day job to play poker full time unless I have guaranteed entrepreneurship passive income to support both my wins and losses for the sake of responsible gambling. That is my philosophy on gambling never gamble without a job.