Can the average person make a living with poker?.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't work this way, but the advice of playing small stakes is sound.
Yes, it may well be that it doesn't work that way, purely my opinion, but the fact that you liked the advice to play at small bets makes me happy:)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing poker is like a roller coaster. It makes you feel both elated and depressed. Poker brings out the best and worst in every player at the table. It's like turning water into wine. There is no set salary here, you can't just successfully pass an interview and go to work on a Monday. You will need a huge amount of experience (some kind of foundation) to even try to turn this activity into a source of income. In poker, you need to constantly adapt. You can't get a patent and then just make a profit for the rest of your days. Remember, when money is at stake, your opponents develop very quickly. A beginner poker player can be unsuccessful for a long time (or even forever) until he makes some progress. You can make a profession out of poker and earn money for your life, but there is a very thin line here that can turn success into complete failure.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
is very difficult as it takes a lot of discipline and time, but if you dedicate yourself It is only a matter of time and studies and it can be achieved

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure its possible, but to be profitable on any kind of work you need to have skills and knowledge. If you study the theory of the game and learn some key concepts you'll already have edge on microstakes for example. To make a living you will need more time and practice and very good bankroll management. Its good to have money reserve if you plan to quit your job to play poker.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The average person can't make a living playing poker nowadays, the others (average persons) have became very good with the materials and courses out there. You can see it as an investment that require a lot of time and money to face the competition, once you have a solid foundation, a good comprehension of the game and with hours of practice you can then start to talk about making a living playing poker.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can the average poker make a living from poker depends on where you live in the world and what your standard of living is. From a USA above poverty standard, I would say no. I would say this about any self-employed vocation, you have to be above average or really dedicate your life to your skill in order to make a living from it.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to achieve this goal, you have to learn and practice a lot, lose money first, and then maybe if you do not give up, you will be able to make a decent profit in this game.
This is true, the more you play, the better the result, the less often, the more often you lose..

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Only a small amount of people make money regularly playing poker, the rest of the people just give the money to these players and to the poker houses.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Everything can be achieved with a lot of work and sacrifice. You must study a lot, sharpen game techniques and tactics, a lot of practice, a lot of tenacity, a lot of dedication but you should never lower your arms, you have to fight for what you want to achieve until you achieve it. successes

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe he does take it professionally that a person can make a living from poker, In Poker you have to invest a lot of money and have several sponsors And live in a country where you can enjoy and experience many poker tournaments, For example, in my case I live in Ecuador and here you cannot live from poker:(

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think that anything is possible in poker :) ; it is very possible for an ordinary person to play poker and win a lot of money, the idea is what he does with that money afterwards...:)

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always say you can't fool math. From a mathematical point of view, few players can win big money. But everyone can enjoy playing poker. So play for fun. And hope for luck. And when you're lucky, maybe there will be a win.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Everyone is lucky or sometimes unlucky, so average players can also win something in poker, but it is difficult to keep a current winner's course and especially if you want to do something like that, the BRM is also a very important point and many people lack that. Then divide the profit correctly. I think almost everyone who starts playing poker has this dream of becoming really professional and earning a living with poker, but in reality it usually looks a bit different. I would say play and enjoy your game and if you manage to make a really strong bankroll then you can give it a try and I wish you the best of luck with it

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Anyone can earn if they master the craft.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I find it very difficult to make a living just playing poker, because you have to have a good sponsor and play very well and with a lot of skill.
It is always difficult to earn a living by physical labor, it is easy to play for the sponsor's money. Become your own sponsor.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe so, as long as you dedicate yourself there is a routine of studies and grind.

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an ambiguous question, which, like the coin, has two sides. Someone can say, and someone will say that you can't. you can win a share of luck, then yes, you can. And if you play, for fun and a small win for your needs for joy, then this is completely different.)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will get what you put into this game. So yes, I believe nearly anyone can get whatever "success" means to them in this game, if they are willing to put in the effort.

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
discipline would be the most important thing to achieve ur goals. it is hard on the long run to make a proper living but some do so I guess it's possible

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Living from poker is difficult, because you need a lot of luck to win, you can often lose a lot of money due to being unlucky.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is possible to win some, but not for the big crowd to make a living off it.
One needs to study, improve his game continuously, climb the ladders stept by step. Only then, maybe, he will become a successful player living on poker.
If it would be so easy, everyone would do it

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you ar a disciplined person you can make money but is not easy to play in bankroll you need a big discipline .

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If possible, but not everyone succeeds, it is difficult...

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult. A very small percentage will go on and make a living from the game. You have to remember, poker pro's, especially the ones you see on TV will be staked. Sponsored. For us small people, variance is the biggest problem. Can your bankroll handle variance while the bills keep coming though the door? Playing 12/14 hours a day will take is toll mentally & physically. I think if people are serious about giving poker a go, must have a regular income at the same time, part-time job to pay the bills. Poker is not a regular income and that is the biggest problem people face.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it very difficult to make a living just playing poker, because you have to have a good sponsor and play very well and with a lot of skill.
Me either, Poker is way too much complex to be dominated and expensive to keep.