At What Point Do You Need to Take a Break From the Tables?

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
generally at the time when the negative streak comes and I start to lose, but it is so continuous until the moment I have to have dinner.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have the break time when event A or B occur, but I have to admit I lose more money when I'm tired, and I have to learn to pause when this time comes.

meagain00

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should learn to recognize the moment when you are too tired and/or tilted so that you no longer play your best game. When that happens it is time to leave for the day.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in brew and fag rule after 3 or 4 tables

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you get tired or there are solid bad beats on the river it is a good idea to take a break for a while

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally take a break after a long session, for example, after two hours of cash games. You can't take such a break at a tournament.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you're a professional poker player, I know it's time to take a break when poker start to affect my daily tasks, like in my job or with my family.

S

Scorpyon235

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Trebuie să recunoști momentul în care ești prea obosit sau nu ai chef de joc , astfel încât să nu mai joci cel mai bun joc. Când se întâmplă acest lucru, este timpul să lasi pentru a doua zi , sau sa-ti impui o limita la bankroll sa zicem 20 % .

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
in tournaments, after three hours of play, you just need to stop for 15-20 minutes. there is a loss of concentration.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I am, what I like to call "Pokered out" Last year I had a target to double my bankroll, playing On-line because my Live event's were closed due to the Pandemic.
I only ever played On-line as a hobby in the past, and would only play at weekends when I didn't have anything better to do, My live game's were my first choice, so On-line Poker was always just for fun.
I felt that "If" I considered myself to be a reasonably competent player, I should have no trouble doing so On-line as I have done in Live game's, so I pushed myself to play every day for small stake's and built on my original bankroll.
I hit my Target within the year's end and since then have only played in Free-rolls and the occasional buy-in to keep my Treasure Chest's active on pokerstars, for the last 12 month's.
Why? Because I know I can do it if I wanted to, I have now almost Trebled my original starting Bankroll which was only $209. Dollars at the start of the Covid out-break, but I still prefer to play On-line, just for Fun!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like we need to treat poker as stock market, that we have to find out when is best time to enter the poker table, and when to take profit or stop loss.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
need a break right now
chrismas and family but too many good presents from cardschat on PS

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm taking a break for food or bathroom.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that after 2 hours of play it is necessary to take a break of at least 20 minutes. With this, the mind improves its reasoning after a short rest.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is different, I'd say a soon as you see yourself making small mistakes.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When you play MTT, there is no choice and there is only a 5 minute break at the end of each hour. Therefore, cash games are much better in this regard, you have much more freedom of choice.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't take a break when it's time if I need something go to the bathroom or what not I'll do that, but I see it being a good thing to have them

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At what point in the game do you have to take a break and leave the table for a while?
Everytime there is a pause in tournament I stand up and walk around trying to think of something but not poker.... that way when I come back at the table, my mind is reset. If there's something on tv or a good song - helps a lot.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always like every hour, walking, eating and solving pending messages.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the point my chips zeroes.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play tournaments, so there's a break every 55 minutes.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

At what point in the game do you have to take a break and leave the table for a while?

In the event that I folded a weak hand and it was the strongest on the board or was exposed to the badbeat, yes I leave the game and do not even see what is distributed to me. lol

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Away from the tables

If you play a lot of min to mid range cash or real money buy-ins and you're on a bad beat streak, or even when you dont feel 100 percent, this would be the time to take a break, from the game and do something totally different from poker, refresh, reset your self , its better to take a break than to continuously be on tilt