dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
After taking part in the beat the ambassador event you have a new fan. I'll admit I never knew of you before this, but you came across as very genuine and extremely knowledgeable.

I look forward to following your poker career and hopefully playing against you again somewhere down the line.

No question, just giving you props.

J

junrich40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Ash do you go all in pre flop with JJ?

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)
Are you able to stop playing when you loose several times?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley,

If you would not mind I have a question. What tools do you and would recommend using for studying poker? I am happy with how my study challenge is going and would love to know what s professional like you would use. Please do forgive me if this is rude or asking to much, I am really enjoying learning the deeper aspects of the game and want more.

Ken
Hey Ken,

Great question. As you improve as a player, you will most likely find different resources more helpful than others along the way. In the past, I have found training sites with pro videos the most useful. Hearing their thought processes was eye-opening. Now that I've built a strong enough foundation using those, I'm currently working with GTO Wizard and Floptimal. Floptimal helps you learn preflop ranges and responding to various preflop scenarios on different stack sizes. GTO Wizard allows you to play through one spot or an entire hand with real-time feedback on your decisions. It's a great tool for finding your leaks quickly.

What you study is less important than how you study. It's always better to figure out WHY certain plays are recommended rather than trying to memorize a bunch of spots.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction.
Good luck at the tables,
Ashley

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you able to stop playing when you loose several times?
yes. I think taking breaks is crucial to your growth as a player and for avoiding burn out.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ashley, can you name one, most important change in your game style that made you a winning player?

W

Was1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hi Ashley, i have a question. You have an ace and a queen of the same suit, and the other player is all-in. You are just the two of you. How will you play and why ?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Ken,

Great question. As you improve as a player, you will most likely find different resources more helpful than others along the way. In the past, I have found training sites with pro videos the most useful. Hearing their thought processes was eye-opening. Now that I've built a strong enough foundation using those, I'm currently working with GTO Wizard and Floptimal. Floptimal helps you learn preflop ranges and responding to various preflop scenarios on different stack sizes. GTO Wizard allows you to play through one spot or an entire hand with real-time feedback on your decisions. It's a great tool for finding your leaks quickly.

What you study is less important than how you study. It's always better to figure out WHY certain plays are recommended rather than trying to memorize a bunch of spots.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction.
Good luck at the tables,
Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Thank you again for the advise. I am trying out GTO Wizard right now due to your input. Must say it is eye opening what I have seen so far. I have never heard of Floptimal and will need to look into that as well.

Its funny what you said about its less inportant how you study but better to figure out why certain plays are recommended comment. This is exactly what I am attempting to better understand in my study challenge. So far I have learned several aspects I never though of but now that you pointed me to GTO wizard I think you have pointed me in one incredible direction to learn exactly what I needed and wanted. I am really grateful for your help Ashley. Thank you so very much.

Ken

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm thrilled to be joining this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years, playing cash games and, more recently, tournaments. I'm currently playing $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams like Live at the Bike. I'll be participating in tournaments between $300 and $5k (with the exception of the WSOP main event, where everyone should try playing at least once!).

I've also traveled to poker tournaments in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa, and the Caribbean. I can answer a wide range of questions about playing live, traveling to poker tournaments/series, playing live shows, or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal of joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you on your wishlist to go ahead and do it!

Ask me anything:)
Hallo.
Can you please tell me: what hand range is better to play 6-max cache?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hallo.
Can you please tell me: what hand range is better to play 6-max cache?
You can find 6-max cash ranges on a number of training sites. I personally use Floptimal for all of my preflop ranges.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley,

Thank you again for the advise. I am trying out GTO Wizard right now due to your input. Must say it is eye opening what I have seen so far. I have never heard of Floptimal and will need to look into that as well.

Its funny what you said about its less inportant how you study but better to figure out why certain plays are recommended comment. This is exactly what I am attempting to better understand in my study challenge. So far I have learned several aspects I never though of but now that you pointed me to GTO wizard I think you have pointed me in one incredible direction to learn exactly what I needed and wanted. I am really grateful for your help Ashley. Thank you so very much.

Ken
Good to hear! Having the right tools is a great first step. Hopefully, you'll see the improvements in your game soon :)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley, i have a question. You have an ace and a queen of the same suit, and the other player is all-in. You are just the two of you. How will you play and why
This all depends on our positions at the table, how deep our stacks are and how that opponent has been playing. If my opponent shoves for 10bb from the Button and I'm in the BB, I'm snap calling w AQ. If my opponent has 200bb and went all in UTG and I'm in the HJ, I'm folding.

8Vera8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hi 🙌 tell me how to learn endurance and patience?

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you define the range of your bets?

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley, just caught your new vlog and really enjoyed it! Could you tell us what it was like playing on the HCL stream compared to other cash games you've been in? Did you feel any pressure playing in that game apart from the buy-in size?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley, just caught your new vlog and really enjoyed it! Could you tell us what it was like playing on the HCL stream compared to other cash games you've been in? Did you feel any pressure playing in that game apart from the buy-in size?
Thanks for watching!

The Hustler stream is a lot different from other streams I've played/watched because of how much action there is! Everyone is trying to outdo each other with how many preflop hands they play, so you end up running into some trashy hands at showdown ;)

I didn't feel too much pressure in this particular game, but that's probably because I have a year of vlogging behind me---which means I'm used to people seeing my mistakes. In the past, I played on the LATB stream and thought I had to play fancy and crazy to be entertaining...but I learned my lesson and just focused on playing solid poker this time. It was a fun experience overall and happy I got the chance. Thanks for asking :)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi 🙌 tell me how to learn endurance and patience?
I think both of these come with practice. Once you start putting in a lot of hours at the table, you learn to pace yourself and to not be too attached to the swings of the game--whether you're card dead or running hot. Playing consistently will increase your ability to stay patient for a little longer every session.

You'll probably notice that having healthy routines outside of poker helps you play your A game for much longer. The same things that give you consistent energy in every day life will also enhance your endurance at the poker table :cool:

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)
Hey Ashley! You are a first professional poker I get the opportunity to interact with! So exciting 😁
How can one become a professional poker player?
Can I get an autograph? 😁😁😁

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley, welcome to community!

I have a question! How do you act at the beginning of the game, aggressive or conser? (tournaments)

Thanks.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for watching!

The Hustler stream is a lot different from other streams I've played/watched because of how much action there is! Everyone is trying to outdo each other with how many preflop hands they play, so you end up running into some trashy hands at showdown ;)

I didn't feel too much pressure in this particular game, but that's probably because I have a year of vlogging behind me---which means I'm used to people seeing my mistakes. In the past, I played on the LATB stream and thought I had to play fancy and crazy to be entertaining...but I learned my lesson and just focused on playing solid poker this time. It was a fun experience overall and happy I got the chance. Thanks for asking :)
Thanks for the reply and kudos on the overall production quality too! I think you and Jaman have the best quality cash game vlogs I've seen.

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Whats your pre-flop strategy on early/mid/late game?

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Hello Ashley Sleat, nice to meet you.
You travel the world frequently playing poker events and are fluent in spoken English. In the event that I win a ticket to major live tournaments and fly to a country I do not know, without knowing English and having never participated in such live events, it is easier for me to adapt to such a situation. I don’t know how to speak, I understand little English, and at the table many people say something to each other. How in this case is it better to behave, embarrassment that you, like a white crow, can affect the game? What advice can you give to people like me to feel more comfortable?:)

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas