Ashley Sleeth (Vegas MTT pro)- Ask Me Anything About Playing Poker

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many WSOP events will you be participating in this year and which ones are you most excited about?
Thanks for reminding me to look at the schedule!! I'll get back to you once I have :)

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Ash!!

If I start to play cash games to grow my bankroll and I have only 10 dollars in the account... why table do I play and how much is accepted for to gain or to lose each day?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ash!!

If I start to play cash games to grow my bankroll and I have only 10 dollars in the account... why table do I play and how much is accepted for to gain or to lose each day?
Hi Martinoni-

I'd start with the micros. On sites like Global Poker, I found cash games for as low as $.05/.10 (half a cent, 1 cent) where you can buy in for $1. With normal variance, you can expect to go on downswings sometimes. With $10, you could still bust your account at even this low of a stake, but it's unlikely. You can also buy in to freeroll tournaments to try and boost your bankroll for cash games.

Hope that helps!

M

meneirao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Are you playing more tournaments or cash games today? What about bankroll control, do you think that part is okay?

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Ashley, really liked the Horseshoe/Paris walkthrough you did recently on You Tube! For those of us considering staying off strip for the wsop and 'commuting' in for events (via Uber/Lyft) what area of the city would you recommend staying in? I'm interested in getting off strip this year, but don't want to deal with staying downtown, plus it seems like there are a ton of great restaurants around the city that (I'd imagine) are a deal compared to strip prices.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is incredible that the girl has achieved such results and I ride in the negative
Well, the 'girl' definitely took much time and learning to being able to be a professional poker player. She has a Youtube channel tho.

However be aware of how you using the translator, cause its not very respectful to call her as a girl. She has a name, and minimum to call her a lady as a real man do, so watch out for that. Also ride can be changed to run = like running good, reaching great results. So its an unlucky use of words here I believe.
If you are going to make several posts about one topic, you should not separate them, it's better for us to read them in one piece, and also for you to being able to tell something meaningful.
Hope you get it, just your enthusiasm needs a bit work to be relatable to us, other users here.

Anyway, wellcome on CC and have great moments! =)

Last edited:
UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hi Ashley!
It is a pleasure to have found this site as well as all of the wonderful people here.

With all of the threads here, somewhere I ran across a youtube video of yours which seems to be a good start. "How to Study Poker Like a Pro"

In it you suggest starting with the basics and closing "Leaks"

I have been working on it, and doing much better to be honest. But.. In Pokertracker I have the following:
Preflop
VPIP: 20.12 Says Good
PFR: 16:41 Says its a problem
PFR/VPIP: 81.54 Says Good
3 Bet: 7:89 Says it's a problem.

Any advice for winning without betting quite as much?
The problem areas are not horribly outside the "good player" range.. Still it's a start.

Thanks!
Brian

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you playing more tournaments or cash games today? What about bankroll control, do you think that part is okay?
Hey meneirao,

I've just started playing/studying more cash games lately. I play both a decent amount. 30 hours/week is usually my goal.

I definitely think having good bankroll management is the key to making it in poker. If you play stakes that are too high, you will be stressed about any downswing or bad variance that comes your way.
Tks for the advice Ash and yes, the freerolls are helping me a lot. I just won the 100$ cardschat freeroll ate GGPOKER this week...
awesome. congrats!!
Hey Ashley, really liked the Horseshoe/Paris walkthrough you did recently on You Tube! For those of us considering staying off strip for the WSOP and 'commuting' in for events (via Uber/Lyft) what area of the city would you recommend staying in? I'm interested in getting off strip this year, but don't want to deal with staying downtown, plus it seems like there are a ton of great restaurants around the city that (I'd imagine) are a deal compared to strip prices.
I've gotten a lot of requests to do a video on this. I would hate to point you in the wrong direction without doing more research or asking around first. If you're willing to stay 20 minutes drive off strip, I can vouch for Summerlin, Spring Valley and Southern Highlands. They're all safe areas near the highways so you can get to the Strip quicker than you'd think. You're right, though: there are plenty of good restaurants and fun stuff to do off the strip and i'm sure you'll enjoy your trip! Oh and thanks for checking out the video! :)

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you like other 'mind' games , like chess, bridge or backgammon ? If so ,do you bet on them too ?

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Ashley, I watched your final table review video with Jesse earlier on YouTube. Just wanted to say congrats on winning just over 6.6K, and sharing a great video. I don't study poker much nor do I have the experience to understand your style of play. For example in this tourney, when you were 8 handed, you folded pocket 5's UTG. I would have limped, and called a small raise to see flop. Did you fold because there are so many players with short stacks that can potentially shove?

I think your double up with AQ vs a pocket pair was the game changer in your tourney. When you had KK vs the chip leader, it was over. I wonder what that opponent called with. Smaller set or two pair? Like you said, "we'll never know".

I disagree with the people in the chat saying to shove with Ks6s. In my opinion you made correct fold, and I think this hand is too weak.

I wish you luck in your upcoming cash games and tourney's.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Hi Ashley, how are you?
Congratulations on the achievement.
And thanks for sharing this beautiful video.
Kisses and see you soon.
Let your successes continue, we will follow them:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley, I watched your final table review video with Jesse earlier on YouTube. Just wanted to say congrats on winning just over 6.6K, and sharing a great video. I don't study poker much nor do I have the experience to understand your style of play. For example in this tourney, when you were 8 handed, you folded pocket 5's UTG. I would have limped, and called a small raise to see flop. Did you fold because there are so many players with short stacks that can potentially shove?

I think your double up with AQ vs a pocket pair was the game changer in your tourney. When you had KK vs the chip leader, it was over. I wonder what that opponent called with. Smaller set or two pair? Like you said, "we'll never know".

I disagree with the people in the chat saying to shove with Ks6s. In my opinion you made correct fold, and I think this hand is too weak.

I wish you luck in your upcoming cash games and tourney's.

thanks so much for watching! as for the 55 hand- i folded utg due to ICM considerations which change your strategy a lot at final tables in tournaments. essentially, the pay jumps are so big just for surviving, that the chip leader can put a lot of pressure on you to fold lots of hands. limping it is an interesting idea, but since i haven't developed a balanced limping strat, i think it would be too obvious that i'm only limping weakish holdings.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you like other 'mind' games , like chess, bridge or backgammon ? If so ,do you bet on them too ?
Have never played bridge or backgammon. I think I might enjoy chess if I had time to learn and practice strat :)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hi, Ashley! Nice to see you join this wonderful community. Personally, in MTT's I play well up to the point where we get close to the money... I just focus on the game and things go well. But then, my mind enters "results checking" mode and pays more attention to surviving as long as possible, instead of increasing the stack. Any advice to get over this?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello, Ashley.🙂
As always, I'm glad to see you here and I really like your Youtube videos.💞🌺🌺🌺
I really consider poker as a hobby and play only for fun, not caring about my bankroll: if the account is empty, I play in a freeroll, if I have a couple of dollars, I immediately spend them on some tournament.
But, recently, I decided to try to start increasing my winnings and noticed that the more I try to play correctly, the worse my results are. It's like the goal of winning adds some stress to me.
Could you give some recommendations on what steps I need to take to overcome some stress while playing in tournaments?

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Ashley, nice to have you here to answer some of our questions. Since you live in Las Vegas, are you planning to play any WSOP events this year? if so how many?

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)
Do you mostly win to sponsor yourself and your life?

I mostly just sell action to either a full MTT series or to one bigger event.
But if you're interested in seeking out a stable to join, the people who run them are looking for:
1) a solid win rate (must have graphs on different online sites and in-game stats)
2) someone who puts in a lot of volume (plays poker full time)
3) someone with credibility and a trustworthy reputation
If you play tournaments, you could always start by selling some action to a few people. Once you win your first backers some money and form good relationships with them, you'll start to earn some credibility and potentially get introduced to people who run full stables.
Aren’t online games rng is programmed to loose to bigger stacks? Yes, I know variance is higher due to high number of hands but I still believe there are bots and coolers designed to help certain players. What percentage of stake do you sell for your games? Is there is min or max limit to that?

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
hello, tell me how to deal with those who go all-in constantly in free tournaments and it is not possible to wait for a card because the stack melts from the ante

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hi Ashley, I want to ask you what does it take for an online poker player to become profitable on live Vegas MTT stage? I mean how big of a difference it is, if he is a crushing mid and high stakes online and he wants to make the transition to live, is Vegas the place to be?

Thank you

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Ashley, Do you swap action with other players in tournaments to help with variance? If so, how much action do you swap vs keep for yourself?

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Hi Ashley

My question is, based on your experience, do you have more chances to win in live poker or online? So if you were to compare it to the algorithmic hands of online MTT, how much difference is there between hands dealt in live poker?

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas