Anyone try to play poker while stoned?

Jayson745

Jayson745

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It think it makes it harder for me to remember whos playing how, like if someone is a gus hansen wannabe and I get moved to a different table for 40 minutes, then end up at his table again I might not remember him.

The good side is that I am hella patient and end up playing more solid hands than I do when I'm sober. Basically the opposite affect than when I'm drinking and want to hammer every single hand. Drinking I either get 1st, or I dont make the money at all.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it helps block out the distraction of the all the crack pipes and hypodermic needles strewn about the place.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup, started out with Bubblicious, now I'm injecting unrefined heroin directly into my eyball. And all that in just 2 weeks.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol damn son, only the most hardcore people inject it through the eyeball. At this rate I might as well wish you luck on that crystal meth you'll get addicted to tomorrow :p

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so does it help you figure POT ODDS?? HA!

pardon the lame joke. i don't smoke that stuff cause it never had any desirable effect on me...but, i'm more than willing to admit i'm an alcoholic...i'll have a hangover the next day from not drinking. not to bring alcohol into the thread but i think it's somewhat related from what i'm reading so far. but has anyone heard of the ballmer peak? its a theory among computer programmers that you're "in the zone" while your blood alcohol content is within a certain range. i subscribe to it since i code and script for fun, and since i went back to school last year, i sure did drink while i was doing homework. the funny thing is i'd always actually kinda felt in the zone after a certain amount of drinking *while* programming. then a buddy of mine pointed out to me there's actually a term for it, haha.

i like to have at night while i'm playing poker around 3-5 beers, now there's where i'm not sure if it actually helps me play aside from it just helps ME feel like me.

here's some links...it's somewhat of a joke/theory.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ballmer Peak
http://xkcd.com/323/

I didn't think it was a lame joke, Hilarious, thanks for the smile :)

U

upperdawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what?wo0w man zoned out there 4 a min.what did u write??hold on its my toke.o thats nice.;)

M

mdpk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel I'm better at my home games since I stopped smoking, but that's maybe because everyone else is stoned to death at the end of the evening ;)

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never stoke poker while I am toking, it inveres w my collaboration and then I go on shortcake.

J

jumping jack flash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i very rarely play sober (unstoned) makes no difference at all to me ,my missus prefers to smoke good weed whilst playing mtts, playing PLO whilst smoking a joint and a cuppa tea is one of my great pleasures in life ,i do ok too, well, it never did stuey ungar any harm ,plus lots of the better players in my local cardroom nip outside for a toke before a tournament too!

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bowl before every tourny for me NO kidding....if you are not a smoker you may pass out at the computer like frenzy!(hailarious)For me it calms and locks me in to the game i'm playing but i can't say it helps me make better decisions or anything like that.In truth it just makes me loose and ready to play the game.

O

offshoregamstr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems by these replys the answer is yes. Not shocking to me.

F

Flushdraw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitlely play better when I've had a few drinks. At live games anyway. Think it calms me down a little and gives me the courage to call people bluffs. Calm remember a time playing when stoned. Id probably get too paranoid about what people have got lol