Any one else looking at players country before betting?

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold/call/bet... it's all just a button right?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before Black Friday, I just figured that Russians didn't have a word for fold.

I miss poker stars.

LOL, Too Funny...Most still don't have a fold button to be honest :), and Most have nothing but a Open Raise/call Button

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know who really stinks tho? canadians:(

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now there are no USA players is anyone else looking at players coutry of origin before betting.... or Bluffing...
This or a similar question seems to arise on a monthly basis.
The ultimate answer is "don't overgeneralize".
I for one always look at my avatar (I use the clown) and double check if I'm still german.
If something weird like Pakistan or Burkina Faso shows up there I check my cashier to see how much I blew at the cash tables being totally drunk/hazed.
In the past I changed the country to "MacDonald isles" just for lolz.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This or a similar question seems to arise on a monthly basis.
The ultimate answer is "don't overgeneralize".
I for one always look at my avatar (I use the clown) and double check if I'm still german.
If something weird like Pakistan or Burkina Faso shows up there I check my cashier to see jow much I blew at the cash tables being totally drunk/hazed.
In the past I changed the country to "MacDonald isles" just for lolz.
Just don't go changing it to "U.S."

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make much different plays /calls based on a players country in absence of any other reads. (or to augment them). If you are french, italian or brazilian I will call you very very light for instance.

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I don`t look at the country when I make my decision on betting.
Just trying to read opponents style of play and in addition using some software statistic stats.

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at country to see what time of day they are playing. It is good to know but does not affect my play much. Poker is still poker and either they have it or dont and either I have it or dont.

I play at night US time so early AM-mid day EU. Lots of fish and bad play = top 3 in two MTT (of 3 played) this week. I fully dont expect to get paid but if I do cool.

I also am starting to enjoy Live play since Black Friday but just not as easy to get out and cost more with rake and buy-in.

B

BubbleGumTurbo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never categorized players by country, but i`ll look at their country and see if there are those similarities that you talk about.And, as Gunner57 said, i look to see their time.That might affect their game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I make much different plays /calls based on a players country in absence of any other reads. (or to augment them). If you are french, italian or brazilian I will call you very very light for instance.
this ^ ..... & if from Spain I'm valuetowning MidPr. lol

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to not agree with anything in this thread........but i have to somewhat. it has gotten me into trouble generalising but a few things i have noticed is eastern bloc pre flop bets seem to be 3.5 to 6(?)x and i would say with americans it was 2.5 to 3.5. brazillians seem to think it's all in or limp. i have yet to see a portugese player have a good hand ( i certainly am not saying anything just from my very miniscule sample size) and still if you are irish i put you on a bluff 98% of the time...and canadians suck ;)

Ballack

Ballack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn't categorize player in his/her country. I think they are all same, don't u? Except for playing in a freeroll with a big field of russian players ;-)

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars