AA or KK: Which Do You Prefer? (edit note: previous title was AK or KK, but original post is AA or KK)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well said Bertrand Grospellier:
Your greatness in poker is not how much you can win the pot, but in the hands that you forced yourself to fold.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA over KK, too many times A comes out and KK lose to Ax

B

bmanxx22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
team rocket

Well pocket rockets have a greater chance of winning so my choice would be aces. With kk if you run into an ace on the board its all over and there is a chance you run into aces in which case your chance of winning is small. aa you know your winning preflop. You usually need to get lucky to win against aces.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not always the missiles lead to victory for the bank.DSC 0174
And there are many such cases. Especially when a lot of players went to the bank

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA I feel better with than KK. Do to the fact many have said someone with Ax calls my KK and A hit flop. Well I will be drawing very thin then.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no doubt that all players have particular hands as favorites but the AAs are the mojores without a doubt

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isnt this a obvious answer lol , who wouldn't want to have the best starting hand in holdem...

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I would like to have AA more than KK because it wouldn't be the first time that I go all in with AA and win against KK,or lose with KK against AA.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm coming to the conclusion that AA and KK are the easiest hand to lose stacks if you do not play correctly. Many players claim that in the long run the most correct move is to go allin preflop with either AA or KK because you have a few percent of the advantage over the opponent. And if you want to increase your chances of winning with AA or KK, what is the best way to play? In my opinion, we should play with caution with the intention to hit a three of a kind on the flop and yes yes to continue with aggression, we must not forget that a pair is the weakest game of poker followed by two pairs. I'm joining the post-flop fold with AA or KK if the board is very compromising. My goal in a tournament be it freeroll or high buyn is to play it correctly and beat all of them. I want to stop binging at poker and being a respected player. I'm tired of losing with AA or KK to mediocre hands. I want more patience and wait my turn to hit good games and to be completely sure that I'm investing stacks in a pot that I'm really going to win.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA & KK

Em Heads up não vejo diferença a mão KK e AA é muito forte porém em mais apostas 3 ou 4 players na mão o AA pode ficar mais forte do que KK
:jd4:mateuspoker

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA or KK

I have won more online with KK than AA. Playing roughly the same ways.
AA 59%
KK 90%
over 6,000 hands total
:confused:

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everytime i play KK an ace hits the flop,,,i like AA better but like playing both,,just gotta know when either 1 is in trouble and when to fold them

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces!! they could be more desappoiting, but they are more lucrative in the long run :)

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer AK, AA, KK its just pure luck, theres a lot of hands that could beat it.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though it may be more aggravating for you to lose with AA, it is still much better than KK 😊😀

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely like AA more than KK. KK is one of those hands I just seem to get unlucky with.

AA is an easier hand to play, wins more often and gets in trouble less often.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure how I can add anything different to this discussion, I'll take AA over KK everytime. But, there have been those rare times that my bullets have lost to KK, so, I can understand the frustration when that happens.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both hands are good. But when you have an AA on your hands, and the opponent has a straight or a flush, it's already much sad

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the sence, of caurse AA. But if I played against pocket rockets I would rather select the suited connectors.