Keep believing.

Don't burn yourself out though.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice work Kowboy..., keep it up..., will check back from time to time...
GL
aC

B

Brian182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any updates for us? It's been a few days, hope you are doing okay.

hayes5150

hayes5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! goal seems a little high unless you playing 24 hrs a day

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any new updates from OP? Its been about 10 days since he has posted.

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exams imo - plus the fact that there's no way he'll ever accomplish this.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Upate - Sorry to keep you all in the dark

Apparently it is an ISP problem that I haven't been able to fix but Reefer Poker is not working for me. Unfortunately, this makes me less interested in the site as a whole and the games were not that great. I do not give up though and I will be taking up a new challenge and I will do it on the more prestigous full tilt poker. I will be taking the luck factor out, swapping a couple rules and changing the initial challenge a bit but the idea will remain the same. Little money into a lot in a reasonable amount of time. The good part is I can play a lot more on full tilt compared to reefer. Maybe this will take a little bit of prestige out of it but I still think it will be just as exciting. The details will be solidified in a day or two and you will see my new challenge up. What I need from all of you in the mean time is your honest opinion on the matter and my new challenge will be based upon this question.

How long do you think it will take a player of my caliber to make 25$ into 10,000$?

Unfortunatley, I got one of my wisdom teeth pulled today and I will be hopped up on vikadin for a day or two so im hesitant to start that soon. Give me as much feedback on this as possible. You should see my new challenge up after that. Thought, concerns?

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So as many people as possible need to answer this:

How long do you think it will take a player of my caliber to make 25$ into 10,000$?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it completely depends on how much you'll be playing. not just in hours but in hands (which you can figure out roughly based on how many tables you'll be playing at a time)

and i don't think this thread is really enough for anyone here to judge your ability as a poker player. there are too many factors

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to what limits are you a winning player at? How many tables do you play? How many hours a day do you play?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Realy just ant going to happen i wish u could do it.I mean if you start out at.1-.2 that only leaves you with 12.5 100bb bi.An would assume you will not start out playing sngs,with that small amount the rake would eat u alive.So i would say week an a half to go broke,BUT I HOPE NOT.

leave your full tilt screen name so ppl can follow you.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did Kowboy4 go? I have not seen an update. Has he failed in his quest or is he posting elsewhere?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since kowboy's challenge is on no longer it looks like you can follow mine.Under bored with small stakes,i need the help to stay focused any how.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How far did you get Kowboy?

If you right click on the reefer logo in windows and click administrator access that might help (I had to do soemthing like that for merge sites)

You're obviously a good player and was certainly interesting reading and you got off to a great start..

I think the games at Full Tilt will be harder and so it might take longer than it would at reefer, but might be wrong...

I'd say it would take you 6-8 months, if all goes well, but depends largely on a) getting a good start and b) when/ if you hit $1k then being able to find some juicy higher tables that are profitable..

I'm pretty useless at cash tables, so am in awe of challenges like this.

Whilst it will undoubtedly motivate you to play and try to make cash/ move up levels, not sure if it's a great idea to put so much pressure on yourself....

Personally if I was going to set a challenge it'd be on pokerstars and involve sngs/mtts - with $25 you can play the $0.10- $0.50 sngs and mtts- then the $1 45 player sngs and then the $3 sngs etc- reckon you could get up to $10k just as quickly (playing 4-8 at a time).

GL whatever you decide and thanks for the entertainment whilst it lasted!

B

Brian182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw you posting on railbirds, but I didn't see a link to your user profile, and I can't find the thread anymore. Are you only updating us on your $20 to $20k there, or here to? If you or anyone else has a link to the most updated thread, please message me it, or reply here.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So as many people as possible need to answer this:

are you a high caliber player?